Windows 10: Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis?

Discus and support Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I run an office with Windows 10 on all the PC. Well, except maybe three. Anyways, I want to allow connection to only one WiFi, which is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolcocks, Nov 7, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis?

Hi, I run an office with Windows 10 on all the PC.
    Well, except maybe three.

Anyways, I want to allow connection to only one WiFi, which is my WiFi. How do I do this?

This is to prevent users from connecting to their Hotspots and stealing my data.

Thank you. *Smile

This forum has been of so much help to me in the last few months. Thank you.

:)

lolcocks, Nov 7, 2015

2. Where I can actually stop 'search' from defaulting to Bing, and instead to have 'search' default to google (or otherwise) instead

I've read thru other posts on this site re Bing however I haven't spotted where I can actually stop 'search' from defaulting to it, and instead to have 'search' default to google (or otherwise) instead. From what I've gathered the only option is to move
    the slider to a position that disallows internet searches.

Has Windows 10 been designed to force users to use BING as the search engine in 'search'? Has it removed the freedom of user choice?

InvisibleUnicorn, Nov 7, 2015
  3. kk22---01 Win User
    Lumia 900 MMS Settings (Where is Network Pofile App)

Yeah, but Nokia did released it for most countries, just not ones like Canada for some unknown reason.

There doesn't appear to be any updates from Nokia even through Nokia Care from what others have posted...

People should be made aware of this. The information should definitely be spread to warn users. It is a limiting feature that disallows users from using MMS with their unlocked phones on another carrier.

If the new line of WP8 Lumia phones coming out have the same limitation.... you can bet Nokia will get more user complaints with the expected growing WP user base.

kk22---01, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis?

TairikuOkami, Nov 7, 2015
  5. lolcocks Win User
    lolcocks, Nov 8, 2015
  6. Then you better upgrade them to Windows Pro. You shouldn't be using the Home version in a corporate setting.

logicearth, Nov 8, 2015
  7. lolcocks Win User
    lolcocks, Nov 8, 2015
  8. Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis?

Is it because those PCs don't have a wireless card. That setting requires the system to actually have a WiFi card.

logicearth, Nov 8, 2015
  9. sciencegeek, Nov 9, 2015
  10. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Nov 9, 2015
  11. Wouldn't a better solution be to remove the WIFI nic cards from the workstations, and have them connect via Ethernet to the hub...assuming of course you have a hub or switch on your system. No WIFI cards in the workstation will prevent them from connecting to any WIFI hot spots. Anyway, just a thought.

play2mefish, Nov 10, 2015
  12. lolcocks Win User
    I have a USB WiFi adapter on all PCs.

I will give it a try.

Thanks, that will really help.

I don't have a Switch or Hub. *Sad

lolcocks, Nov 11, 2015
  13. Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis?

You may need a network monitor and support panel for the company connections. check out Free Help Desk, Network Monitoring, and IT Community
    They have IT helpdesk, Network monitor and other apps for your need and that have options to allow devices to be connected to your network. And it's completely Free. *Smile Give it a try. Hope that helps. *Biggrin

Shadow Delta, Nov 11, 2015
  14. lolcocks Win User
    Holy shit! This is exactly what I needed!
    I love you man!

lolcocks, Nov 11, 2015
  15. bro67 Win User
    Really the only way to lock down the users and the network to prevent rogue connections. You would need to utilize a Domain setup with Radius for the Wireless, which has to be locked down, but is not the wise solution in a business environment, because it has to be set up correctly from the beginning.

In a business, you want wired connections, with zero wireless access to your network for anyone. You do need to also look at the fact that you will need to be running a Server/Client system scanning anti-malware. Email would have to be locked down, so that any employee email has to go through a server that is set to scrub any attachments from outside the office. It can be set to allow attachments from within the closed system.

Also USB ports need to be secured along with DVD drives. The mouse & keyboard USB connections can be locked in place with a unit that the user cannot remove from the computer.

Now of course the even more secure solution is to utilize Thin Net, so that all the users have on their desks is a Dumb Terminal unit that they can only connect to the server that handles all units.

bro67, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis?

1. Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis? - Similar Threads - Disallow users connecting

2. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to other PC via WiFi: HiI have 2 PC, both are Windows 10 Home Edition, I try to connect it to each other via WiFi in same network, here is what i've done :1. in my network setting properties i set Network Profile to Private.2. in Advanced Sharing Setting :- Private current profile i select Turn on...
  3. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to other PC via WiFi: HiI have 2 PC, both are Windows 10 Home Edition, I try to connect it to each other via WiFi in same network, here is what i've done :1. in my network setting properties i set Network Profile to Private.2. in Advanced Sharing Setting :- Private current profile i select Turn on...
  4. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't Connect to Other Wifi After Connected to Office Wifi

Can't Connect to Other Wifi After Connected to Office Wifi: After I connect my notebook to my office wifi, I can't connect to other wifi anymore i.e. my smartphone hotspot. I did assume that my smartphone hotspot might goes wrong, but I've try to connect other device to my smartphone hotspot, and it works well. If I try to connect my...
  6. Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  7. Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  8. Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.

Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.: So in my house we have to wifi connections but it wont connect to my main internet. it will connect to are bad internet that is always in and out and just has a poor connection. but are main one I was connect too yesterday evening and when I went to get on my internet that...
  9. One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can

One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can: One of the user accounts (with administrator privileges) on my Lenovo laptop shows the wifi network that I use (it is a neighbourhood wifi network) as Limited and the network login page will not come up and the internet is not available. However, other accounts on the same...
  10. Hide Other WiFi connections

Hide Other WiFi connections: I live in quite a dense neighbourhood, meaning there are hundreds of wifi connections around. windows does it best to show me these, when in truth I do not need or want this long list. I only want my own connection and perhaps the HP network printer I have. seem to...