Windows 10: Disappearing/Broken Menu and Navigation on Applications (Must Restart to Fix)

Discus and support Disappearing/Broken Menu and Navigation on Applications (Must Restart to Fix) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I have been having this issue for a couple months or so now. I thought it was an issue with Google Chrome, but now it has happened to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stephen Grose, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Disappearing/Broken Menu and Navigation on Applications (Must Restart to Fix)

Hello!

I have been having this issue for a couple months or so now. I thought it was an issue with Google Chrome, but now it has happened to my QuickBooks online Application as well. Randomly (and I can't remember the order of use or length of up time for the computer) the Chrome application, or now the QuickBooks application, will desplay a blank/broken navigation menu at the top of the application.

Disappearing/Broken Menu and Navigation on Applications (Must Restart to Fix) [​IMG]

Even though there is the normal _ [ ] X buttons in the upper right, they are not responsive. They don't work.

Does anyone know what this is? or has anyone experienced it?

Normal View: Disappearing/Broken Menu and Navigation on Applications (Must Restart to Fix) ee8b067d-51f3-4b68-bd8c-c3df13ca4e88?upload=true.jpg

Thank you!

Stephen

:)

Stephen Grose, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Web menu fix

W1zzard,

On your www, click ATI Tool. You see two suboptions, "download" and "documentation". Click on "download" and documentation disappears. Also menu shifts.

I think your menu is not consistent between pages. That means you have different menu-code in your HTML for each page! Oh dear! Time for a clean-up. *Smile Disappearing/Broken Menu and Navigation on Applications (Must Restart to Fix) :)

lemonadesoda, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Disappearing/Broken Menu and Navigation on Applications (Must Restart to Fix)

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Disappearing/Broken Menu and Navigation on Applications (Must Restart to Fix)

1. Disappearing/Broken Menu and Navigation on Applications (Must Restart to Fix) - Similar Threads - Disappearing Broken Menu

2. How to fix Icon disappeared in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Icon disappeared in start menu: When I turnoff my internet, the icons disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-icon-disappeared-in-start-menu/ffc12f91-fd9d-4a3f-8a85-6e1f422e592e
  3. How to fix Icon disappeared in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Icon disappeared in start menu: When I turnoff my internet, the icons disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-icon-disappeared-in-start-menu/ffc12f91-fd9d-4a3f-8a85-6e1f422e592e
  4. File Explorer Completetly Broken. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Completetly Broken. Navigation Pane: My navigation pane in file explorer is completly broken and currupt and idk what to do to fix it / revert it. this happened ever since the new tabs update.I cant see my C: drive main drive. I cant see my usb sticks, i cant see my main directories such as the download, desktop...
  5. File Explorer Completetly Broken. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Completetly Broken. Navigation Pane: My navigation pane in file explorer is completly broken and currupt and idk what to do to fix it / revert it. this happened ever since the new tabs update.I cant see my C: drive main drive. I cant see my usb sticks, i cant see my main directories such as the download, desktop...
  6. There must be an application . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There must be an application . . .: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 pro. There are times, I need to "Delete". Very, BIG folders. So big, that it takes hours. Is there an app, I could get. That would just, chew 'em up fast? Hopefully, free? So, give me, good news. Thanks for reading . . ....
  7. Broken Application Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Application Icons: [ATTACH]Anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-application-icons/96985f9c-2cd6-4c5f-898d-074587ddead7
  8. no sound in applications after sleep, application restart required to fix it??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no sound in applications after sleep, application restart required to fix it??: idk what is happenning with my pc i'm using windows 10 2004 updated when when i wake my pc from sleep i have no sound in running applications and i need to restart the application to fix it. any idea how to fix? I think it started this month submitted by /u/winzupdatee...
  9. Broken start menu & control fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken start menu & control fix?: Hi all at r/Windows10 For about a week, on one client (a VM), my user is kinda broken. The start menu does not open, when trying to open the system information via rightclick on the start menu --> system, it simply does nothing and when trying to open the settings via...
  10. Broken tile images in start menu. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken tile images in start menu. How to fix?: Upgraded the home computer this morning (win10 home). All was looking well until all of a sudden Paint.net starting showing half the image and shortly after, the Photos app as well. It only happens if I set the size of the tiles as small. Any idea what's going on and how to...