Windows 10: Disappearing dvd drive

Discus and support Disappearing dvd drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikelori5, Jan 8, 2016.

1. mikelori5 Win User

Disappearing dvd drive

When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything .

:)

mikelori5, Jan 8, 2016

2. DVD Drive repeatedly missing

My DVD drive keeps disappearing. I have uninstalled ATA controllers and Dvd drive is back again only to disappear again on next boot up. Any Suggestions??

David Massey 175, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Disappearing dvd drive

My DVD drive has disappeared. It was reset once by Microsoft Technicians but disappeared next time used.

GeorgeClary, Jan 8, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

Disappearing dvd drive

Hi Mikelori5, welcome to Ten Forums. Why don't you try changing the drive letter of the DVD drive to another letter like E or H and see if that solves the problem. Use disk management ( *Start + X and click on disk management) scroll down to your DVD drive and Rt click on it. Click on change drive letter and path , change, use the scroll box to change the drive letter click ok.

Disappearing dvd drive [​IMG]

JohnC, Jan 8, 2016
Thema:

Disappearing dvd drive

1. Disappearing dvd drive - Similar Threads - Disappearing dvd drive

2. DVD drive disappears when trying to burn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive disappears when trying to burn: Windows 11 keeps deleting my external DVD drive. I used the drive to install many games and other software with no issues. But in the last month or so after a Windows update the drive randomly stops working and it doesn't even show up in Device Manager or Windows Explorer....
  3. DVD drive disappears when trying to burn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive disappears when trying to burn: Windows 11 keeps deleting my external DVD drive. I used the drive to install many games and other software with no issues. But in the last month or so after a Windows update the drive randomly stops working and it doesn't even show up in Device Manager or Windows Explorer....
  4. External USB DVD Drive Disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB DVD Drive Disappears: I am running Windows 10. I have an external USB DVD Drive, which when I plug into a USB port, is recognised by File Manager and the USB Eject icon list on the taskbar. When I place a DVD in the drive, the movie comes up and plays perfectly OK. When I eject the DVD, the DVD...
  5. DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted

DVD Drive Disappears When Disk Inserted: Just bought an OON 10.1 Android Tablet with detachable keyboard. Great little machine so far except for one major problem. This device needs to be able to play a DVD Rom program on an external DVD player. The external drive is a Gotega ODD HDD Device plugged into the USB...
  6. Disappearing DVD drive

Disappearing DVD drive: My Dell XPS 8920 (Windows 10) had an Dell OEM DVD writer (Drive E) which stopped working after a year. While the DVD drive was working, I purchased an external Pioneer BRD XD05B USB blu-ray writer (Drive G) to play Blu-ray discs. I replaced the Dell OEM DVD writer with an...
  7. DVD drive has disappeared

DVD drive has disappeared: DVD drive no longer appears as a device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-has-disappeared/3d6e93f2-a2d3-490e-a40e-a467b68b617a
  8. External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted

in Windows 10 Customization
    External DVD drive disappears when a disk is inserted: The dvd drive is recognized in the device manager. The drive shows up in This PC but disappears when a media is in the drive. The driver has been updated to manufacturer supplied....
  9. DVD/RW drive disappeared in Windows 10

DVD/RW drive disappeared in Windows 10: I can't find my DVD/RW drive in Windows 10. It was working find, then everything disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdrw-drive-disappeared-in-windows-10/48593b32-49f6-48ad-abfe-a493ae557bfb
  10. DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10

DVD Drive has disappeared in Windows 10: Really strange... I was using it this afternoon to burn some audio discs, and all of a sudden it has disappeared. It doesn't show up in File Explorer at all. Where might it have gone?????...