Windows 10: Disappearnce of "Save As"; An Existential threat

Discus and support Disappearnce of "Save As"; An Existential threat in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi people. My first time here on Windows 10 Forum. After a three year hiatus without a personal computer, someone gave me a Dell Desktop with Windows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Clinias, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Clinias Win User

Disappearnce of "Save As"; An Existential threat

Hi people. My first time here on Windows 10 Forum. After a three year hiatus without a personal computer, someone gave me a Dell Desktop with Windows 10. I have been a long time Vista Ultimate user. I am a independent researcher, armchair classicist and so I used "Save As" quite frequently, many times a day, creating a library of sorts of stored info I needed for my research.

Low and behold, I go to Microsoft's Edge, and to find no "Save As". So I google "where is Save As", and I find this thread at the Microsoft Community: How to save Web Page in Edge Browser - Microsoft Community

There are several more threads on the same subject.

They tell me, "Hey, go to this link and download this Save Html app". So I go to the App and find out I can't save to my Document Folder. I can't continue with Vista Document Folder. I'm on page 32. I'm suprised that that thread was started in 2015.....and this is Jan 2018----and they haven't done nothing about it!

I'm furious. Without "Save As", I'm done as a researcher. Without "Save As", I can't continue adding to my library. I have come to realize that the disappearance of the "Save As" is an existential threat. It is about war against Knowledge. Knowledge only rests on the ability to recall. Without recall, there is no knowledge.

We can't let this stand because Google and Firefox may follow Microsoft's lead. We can not let this stand. I'm furious. I'm Mad. And I'm scared. Not only scared because the disappearance of "Save As" is going to harm my work, but for the future, the ability to save information for anybody out there.

Some one on that thread toward the end, not a Microsoft individual, said banks, webmasters and retailers asked Microsoft to keep "Save As" OFF of their new browser Edge. Political and Economic forces lobbied for the end of "Save As". If Microsoft bowed to pressure, what is stopping that lobbying from making changes at Google and Firefox?

We can't allow the ending of "Save As". I've read thru many of the replies on the thread, there are a lot of infuriated customers. Microsoft is running roughshod over its customer base. Does anybody know what is happening? and What are your thoughts on this.

:)

Clinias, Jan 8, 2018
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jan 8, 2018
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Disappearnce of "Save As"; An Existential threat :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Disappearnce of "Save As"; An Existential threat :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Disappearnce of "Save As"; An Existential threat :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Disappearnce of "Save As"; An Existential threat :)

musum, Jan 8, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Clinias, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You should be able to right click on images or files in Microsoft Edge, and click on "Save picture as" or "Save target as".

The tutorial below can help show you how to turn on the download save prompt in Microsoft Edge. If you click on the arrow to the right of "Save", you will get a "Save as" option.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge Browsers Email Tutorials

If you like, you can also change the default download folder for Microsoft Edge.

*Arrow View Microsoft Edge Downloads in Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

Brink, Jan 9, 2018
  5. Clinias Win User
    In Edge, there was no problem downloading. I looked at the two links you provided and checked my advanced settings, it was already on, but I am asking about saving Web Pages. I do not have a problem with downloading, It is about saving web pages. Websites I visit.

Clinias, Jan 9, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 9, 2018
  7. Clinias Win User
    Clinias, Jan 9, 2018
  8. Clinias Win User

To Brink, my work around will be Google for right now. Yes, I saw that workaround. But the purpose of computing science is efficiency--streamlining work. These workarounds are too time consuming, pushing too many buttons, and mouse work. That didn't happen in Vista.

I think Microsoft has lost its idea of who it was. Microsoft has lost its rasion-d-etre. I became a Microsoft customer because the offered Word Document, had a browser engine and system. An Integrated whole that was supposed to work seamlessly, causing less problems. That is why I became a Microsoft customer---having an integrated whole system with all the products I need to get work done. I thought that was the purpose of Microsoft. The business of computing is efficiency.

See, I am NOT going to settle for a work-around. In no way. I don't want to have to jump thru hoops to get my job done, when I paid Bill Gates for services--and then takes them away and then punishes me. No.

Neither do I want to use apps. Apps are for phones. Not for Desk tops. Not for research. I use apps, they cover the whole screen, an extra layer. I had no layers in Vista. Vista was a clean, easy, simple work environment. I clicked, and the object appeared. In Windows 10, you have to go to an app, and click again for what one wants.

They have lost their minds at Microsoft.

None of this is right.

Clinias, Jan 9, 2018
  9. Helmut Win User
    Well IE 11 is still present and with Save As.
    There are other ways like using Save to OneNote which can be used in Edge and IE 11.

Don't see any problem at all.

Helmut, Jan 9, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
    If you need to 'Save as' in Edge, go to the 'three dots' menu top right, select 'Open With Internet Explorer' and then you're back in familiar territory. Note that only IE can open a 'Web archive, single file (*.mht)'.

11. Clinias Win User
    At Microsoft Community answers forum, glslive has added more commentary which I think is even more insightful to what is going on. It blows my mind the intricacies he provides. Just one quote from him:
    This man has been in the business, and he is quite knowledgeable and he even recognizes that Google, Firefox, and all the other browsers will follow Microsoft's lead.

This is going to cause the lost of information.

Clinias, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disappearnce of "Save As"; An Existential threat - Similar Threads - Disappearnce Save Existential

2. threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    threat protection: When I try to save a document to my desktop the program will not let me, it is saying I have no permissions to save to the program. Windown 11 was recently installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat-protection/b9c0e17a-f0b3-4841-bcfd-39feb78fd8ee
  3. Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats: Hello and good day to everyone.I have a problem regarding my allowed threats. I been removing it multiple times "Don't allow" to the threats but it keep coming back. I already did a full scan with multiple anti viruses and the computer is clean of it. But the problem is that...
  4. Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats

Virus & Threat Protection Allowed threats: Hello and good day to everyone. I have a problem regarding my allowed threats. I been removing it multiple times "Don't allow" to the threats but it keep coming back. I already did a full scan with multiple anti viruses and the computer is clean of it. But the problem is...
  5. Is this a threat ?

Is this a threat ?: The defender found a virus in an application that I was using to hack a game... Everyone in the comments said that it was working.. nobody stated about the virus. So i went using it.... But the antivirus was saying that it was malicious.. It said that it was affecting other...
  6. Window Security-Virus & threat Protection-Current Threats: there is an "Allowed Threats "...

Window Security-Virus & threat Protection-Current Threats: there is an "Allowed Threats "...: Did I accidentally allow threats run? Window Security-Virus & threat Protection-Current Threats: there is an "Allowed Threats " button I clicked on....
  7. Threat

Threat: Windows Security settings is showing a threat named PUA: WIN32/Vigua.A I removed it many times but it shows again when i open my edge browser. Please fix my problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/threat/8b25dd9e-9859-4e6a-9bf0-12173a3df3d9
  8. windows defender allowed threat isn't saved

windows defender allowed threat isn't saved: I allowed a threat through windows defender but It eventually gets removed from allowed threats and reappear waiting for me to take actions. I don't intend to exclude it because it won't get detected even if it got infected with other malware. I only want to allow this...
  9. Threat

Threat: Please advise is this a valid Microsoft response Hi jrowla, Microsoft_Support has replied to your question Won't See Email on Desktop but it is on Phone in Microsoft Community. Microsoft Support Number <removed> Post a reply Did this resolve the problem? Give feedback...
  10. Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?: My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not report any threat....