Windows 10: Disaster after Windows Update (bootres.dll corrupted, error codes 0x0)

Discus and support Disaster after Windows Update (bootres.dll corrupted, error codes 0x0) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Current situation is disaster. My OS is Windows 10 64bit. I was forced to do Windows Update. Was delaying this task many times but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MyDisplayName27856, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Disaster after Windows Update (bootres.dll corrupted, error codes 0x0)

Hi Everyone,

Current situation is disaster. My OS is Windows 10 64bit.

I was forced to do Windows Update. Was delaying this task many times but today computer literally ''gave'' me no choice but to auto restart in order to be able to update itself. I believe update was fully done but major problem after update has occurred, AGAIN*, and need to ask for some assistance please.

*all the time after updates, I am having full of problems. Most of times updates are not even being done. This time it was. I am usually having BSOD (blue screen) errors but now the problem after most recent update (today) doesn't seem to be BSOD related one. If i manage to solve the problem, using your help, the first thing i will do is to block for a lifetime Windows updates.

The reason i think my problem is NOT related to BSOD is because the following folder is empty:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

And I haven't been seeing any BSOD errors yet (fortunately).

Let me describe my problem: Every time I try to restart pc or start it (from being off), i come to unwanted black screen which occurs before Windows' logo does. The black screen contains text similar to the following quoted one:

"Choose operating system you want to run or click key TAB to choose the tool

Setup

Windows 10

Windows 10"

this is not my typing mistake. The same line is repeated twice. If i choose Setup, the screen similar (not the same!) to the following one occurs:

https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/c7235a32-047f-4d3d-9de3-f64b8d543c89

If I choose first Windows 10 (so second line), it happens nothing but same ''Choose operating system...'' etc black screen shows itself again after less than 0.1 seconds just like you would refresh the webpage on internet browser.

If I choose second Windows 10 (so third line), i can normally go to Desktop to continue with my work (no further errors visible on screen).

So far I tried the following but nothing helped:

sfc /scannow

chkdsk c: /f /r (i did this while being signed in as Admin, it took me over 5 hours for nothing, problem remains)

sfcfix.exe (third party tool but didn't work)

automatic repair

cleaning ALL cookies and even flash cookies

cleaning registry

While i was trying to solve the error on my own, somewhere, not sure where (may be during sfc /scannow), i saw information about file SrtTrail.txt located on the following path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\LogFiles\Srt

from this txt file I would like to emphasize the following line (in case if i need to post entire content, kindly let me know):

Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Your assistance what to do would be highly appreciated.

:)

MyDisplayName27856, Aug 26, 2018
  2. ShiBDiB Win User

D3dx9_30.dll Not Found error in Ashes Cricket 2009

Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_30.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

ShiBDiB, Aug 26, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Disaster after Windows Update (bootres.dll corrupted, error codes 0x0)

dll file not found after Creator's Update, Code Execution Cannot Proceed

Hi Aberfoyle,

It is possible that the
    .dll file was corrupted during the update causing the error to occur.
    To better assist you, kindly find the
    .dll file
    in
    c:\Windows\System32. If you can find the
    .dll file, it means that we need to
    register
    your
    .dll file
    to your
    Operating System
    for it to
    work. To do this, we need to
    unregister
    the
    .dll file
    first and
    re-register
    it. Here are the steps on how to do so:

To unregister the .dll file:

• Press
      Windows key + R, type
      Regsvr32 /u c:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
      and hit
      Enter/OK.

To re-register the .dll file:

• Press
      Windows key + R, type
      Regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
      and hit
      Enter/OK.

If you cannot find the
    .dll
    file in
    c:\Windows\System32,
    kindly run these methods of troubleshooting
    so that we will know if the issue is within/not within the
    Operating System:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Note:
    Kindly run
    SFC twice or thrice
    and check for results before you proceed to the next method.

Method 2: Clean Boot.

Clean Boot
    will
    stop or disable
    the
    applications
    that are running in your
    computer's background.
    To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

After performing these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and still the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Disaster after Windows Update (bootres.dll corrupted, error codes 0x0)

1. Disaster after Windows Update (bootres.dll corrupted, error codes 0x0) - Similar Threads - Disaster Update bootres

2. How to fix Error Code 0x0 0x0 on Windows computers

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Error Code 0x0 0x0 on Windows computers: [ATTACH]At times, your computer might encounter errors that are not yet acknowledged by Microsoft yet. One such case is with the 0x0 0x0 error code on Windows. In this case, we get the error code along with the error statement Something went wrong. Should you encounter the...
  3. Windows Updates are a Disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates are a Disaster: The updates on Windows 10, and now 11, are a total joke. Everytime one comes up, I'm forced to stop my work and spend the next 2-6 hours installing them. And that's if they download and install correctly. If not, I'm forced to spend the rest of my day with various...
  4. Windows Updates are a Disaster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates are a Disaster: The updates on Windows 10, and now 11, are a total joke. Everytime one comes up, I'm forced to stop my work and spend the next 2-6 hours installing them. And that's if they download and install correctly. If not, I'm forced to spend the rest of my day with various...
  5. BSOD Bugcheck code: 0x80 (0x4F4454, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Bugcheck code: 0x80 (0x4F4454, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0): Hi, I have now rolled back to a known good backup but I still like to know why it BSOD. I did install Kiwi (syslog server) and after that it did crash, like 20-30min after I did install Kiwi or something like that so I guess it was because of Kiwi or it was because of HP's...
  6. Fix Error 0x0 0x0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix Error 0x0 0x0: How to Fix Error Code 0x0 0x0 in window installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-error-0x0-0x0/0b9a85f7-a294-4269-8cc1-d9e71f39eb93
  7. Fix Error 0x0 0x0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix Error 0x0 0x0: How to Fix Error Code 0x0 0x0 in window installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-error-0x0-0x0/0b9a85f7-a294-4269-8cc1-d9e71f39eb93
  8. Error code 0x0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x0: Hii so I've been trying to upgrade from windows 10 home to pro but this error keeps popping up after the restart. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x0/dcdb18c1-fe67-40f6-ad9c-6d3f67f45034
  9. window upgrade eddition problem error code 0x0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window upgrade eddition problem error code 0x0: After Troubleshoot/window upgrade eddition and then restart laptop show window not activate error code 0x0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-upgrade-eddition-problem-error-code-0x0/5d8e9ef2-ec6c-4018-b78a-4262a267b041
  10. code 0x0

in Windows 10 Support
    code 0x0: I'm a windows 10 insider but when I click on get started I get a error code 0x0. I have windows insider enabled in services.msc and my my microsoft account is verified. I'm on version 1809 build 17763.55. Thanks 119740
Tags: