Windows 10: Disastor - new windows photo APP

Discus and support Disastor - new windows photo APP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The windows photo editor with this version of windows is an absolute disaster. How can I restore the earlier version. Keep the new one but give me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RS Name, Jul 12, 2018.

1. RS Name Win User

Disastor - new windows photo APP

The windows photo editor with this version of windows is an absolute disaster. How can I restore the earlier version. Keep the new one but give me the option of another version which has the functionality of the earlier one.

:)

RS Name, Jul 12, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 photo app?

Hi,

To properly address your concern, we suggest that you submit your feedback on how to improve the new version of Photos app through our Feedback Hub. Refer to the steps below:

• Go to Search or Cortana.
    • Type Windows Feedback.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Disastor - new windows photo APP

Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Disastor - new windows photo APP

1. Disastor - new windows photo APP - Similar Threads - Disastor photo APP

2. New photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New photo app: Desktop computer - 64 bit - Windows 10I hate the new photo app!!! There was nothing wrong with the old one!! There is a very long list of my "recent" photos in the new app and this invades my privacy as anyone using my computer can just click on the photo app and then click...
  3. New photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New photo app: Desktop computer - 64 bit - Windows 10I hate the new photo app!!! There was nothing wrong with the old one!! There is a very long list of my "recent" photos in the new app and this invades my privacy as anyone using my computer can just click on the photo app and then click...
  4. New Photo App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Photo App: Hello,The new photo app has some interesting features, however, it is full of a bugs, and unfortunately there is no way to easily import photos from my iPhone to my OneDrive. Let me explainOption 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC to import picture- Connect and authorize ==>...
  5. New Photo App

New Photo App: Hello,The new photo app has some interesting features, however, it is full of a bugs, and unfortunately there is no way to easily import photos from my iPhone to my OneDrive. Let me explainOption 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC to import picture- Connect and authorize ==>...
  6. New Photos app roadmap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Photos app roadmap: Recently we got a new Photos app and the headline feature is iCloud integration. While I don't have anything against this feature, it is frustrating that iCloud integration is getting prioritised over cleaning up the mess that's Windows <--> Android ecosystem photo...
  7. New Photos app roadmap

New Photos app roadmap: Recently we got a new Photos app and the headline feature is iCloud integration. While I don't have anything against this feature, it is frustrating that iCloud integration is getting prioritised over cleaning up the mess that's Windows <--> Android ecosystem photo...
  8. cannot rotate new photos on windows photo apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot rotate new photos on windows photo apps: i'm not sure if it have to do with windows or some settings on my galaxy note 10+ phone. most strange thing happened. all photos i took from yesterday and moved them to my pictures folder in win. 10 i get this massage when i'm trying to rotate them: "you cannot rotate this...
  9. Photo App opening new windows

Photo App opening new windows: As far as I know, the only way to get pictures to open in a single window is with the old photo viewer. Is there no way to get pictures to open in a single window with the Windows 10 Photo App?...
  10. Organising photos in the new windows photo app.

Organising photos in the new windows photo app.: Hi, please can I ask if anyone knows how I Can create a gallery, like the old windows live photo gallery in the new windows photo app? It was just a really easy way to organise and edit photos and I would like to create something similar....