Windows 10: Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files

Discus and support Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently I've noticed that there's a lot less of free space on my C drive so I've decided to run a regular Disc Clean-up. When I ran it as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by zablablukas, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files

Recently I've noticed that there's a lot less of free space on my C drive so I've decided to run a regular Disc Clean-up. When I ran it as an administrator I've noticed that "System error memory dump files" takes up around 32GBs which shocked me. Since these files don't mean anything to me I ran the cleaner and waited. After it was done nothing had changed. Only 500 MBs got freed up. I've tried doing some research but couldn't find anything apart from some guy recommending to use CCleaner which I've tried but it only free like 3GBs. I didn't have this kind of issue before the Anniversary update. Has anyone else encountered this problem and could help me to solve it?

:)

zablablukas, Aug 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 system error memory dump files filling HD

Finally solved the problem: After you check the box, you have to click on
    Clean up System files
    - then click OK. Clicking only on OK will not clean up the error dump.

susan][revere, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 system error memory dump files filling HD

Windows 10 as in previous versions of Windows has the Windows Administrative Tools folder on your Start Menu (where you find the usual suspects of Pinned (Most Used) followed by the rest of alphabetical Unpinned).

Open/Drop down the Windows Administrative Tools folder. Click on Disk Cleanup. Disk Cleanup will Scan and then list the files you can clean up off your disk. System error memory dump file is listed. Check it if you want to delete, click OK, click Delete
    files.

SORRY YOU ARE RIGHT! CLEAN UP DOES NOT CLEAN UP. Weird.

susan][revere, Aug 22, 2016
  4. Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files

TairikuOkami, Aug 22, 2016
  5. No. Will try and report the results

zablablukas, Aug 22, 2016
  6. Just tried it. Still the same result.

zablablukas, Aug 23, 2016
  7. By default, it should be located in Windows folder as:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

So just delete that file.

TairikuOkami, Aug 23, 2016
  8. Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files

It doesn't seem to be there. I even looked for hidden files. Still not there :/

9. TairikuOkami, Aug 23, 2016
  10. Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files [​IMG]

Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files [​IMG]

Hmmmm. It's deffinetly not there...

11. You have tried CCleaner, but if they are restricted files, it might be not be able to do remove them, but it could at least provide the location. Try to run CCleaner scan and if it finds memory dumps, double click on it, it should show the files.

In the meantime, you could try running this to clean everything possible. Run CMD as admin and copy:

fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:
    chkdsk /scan
    compact /CompactOs:never
    winmgmt /salvagerepository
    del "%temp%\*" /s /f /q
    del "C:\$Recycle.bin\*" /s /f /q
    del "%systemroot%\temp\*" /s /f /q
    vssadmin delete shadows /for=c: /all /quiet
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

TairikuOkami, Aug 23, 2016
  12. The commands freed up 5 gigs. Ccleaner didn't find any memory dumps now actually.

13. Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files

It has taken away another big chunk of free space. My SSD is down to 7 GBs, I really need someone's help with this problem...

zablablukas, Aug 27, 2016
  14. flybynite Win User
    I always open command prompt as administrator and type in Code: cleanmgr /sageset:1[/quote] then I check all boxes, and click ok. Then I type Code: cleanmgr /sagerun:1[/quote] and click ok. It always works.

flybynite, Aug 27, 2016
  15. then I check all boxes, and click ok. Then I type Code: cleanmgr /sagerun:1[/quote] and click ok. It always works.[/quote] Cleaned up an extra 7 gigs. Thanks for that! But the main problem is still there sadly.

Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files [​IMG]

zablablukas, Aug 27, 2016
Thema:

Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files

1. Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files - Similar Threads - Disc Clean doesn't

2. Memory Dump File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Dump File: My laptop blue screens about once every week and it is always a really quick blue screen flash and then restart so I don't have a chance to read the error message. I can never find my dumpfile after the crash. I have reinstalled windows on my computer and set it to automatic...
  3. Memory Dump File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Dump File: My laptop blue screens about once every week and it is always a really quick blue screen flash and then restart so I don't have a chance to read the error message. I can never find my dumpfile after the crash. I have reinstalled windows on my computer and set it to automatic...
  4. cleaning up memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cleaning up memory: how do i free up my pc RAM besides GOING TO A LAB BECAUSE HE'S VERY SLOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleaning-up-memory/10026443-35d6-410d-b943-b0296cbd3346
  5. Is it safe to delete System Minidump files or System memory dump files in Disk Cleanup in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it safe to delete System Minidump files or System memory dump files in Disk Cleanup in...: I'm using Disk Cleanup every month to get my Windows 10 laptop running at it's best. I had an error screen 2 days ago and these files popped up on Disk Cleanup. I heard that it's safe to delete everything that's displayed on Disk Cleanup but except the Downloads folder but is...
  6. clean up disc space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    clean up disc space: clean up disc space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disc-space/521e1b83-ab25-457c-88d3-945670003a1a
  7. When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When I run Disc Clean up it goes through the motions, but doesn't clean up: When I run disc clean up, it gives me the option to clean up the C drive. It says that it will free up 6 GB of data, then goes through the motions. Then when I re-run the program, it still says that it has 6 GB of space to free up in the C drive, like it never really...
  8. disc clean up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disc clean up: hi, is it safe to delete windows update clean up files.thanks 53494
  9. Weekly system error memory dump files

Weekly system error memory dump files: Every week (or so) I get a system error memory dump file around 800 mb in size. If I notice a drop in disk space for no reason I do a disk cleanup and it is there. No BSODs, no lock ups, no system lagging, in other words the computer runs perfectly. Is something going on...
  10. Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up?

Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up?: I am running Windows 10 Pro. My system is running perfectly. There are zero "Event viewer" errors on every restart. I have never had a BSOD and everything works perfectly.........but, on every other restart I am seeing "System error memory dump files" in the Disk Clean-up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk cleanup is it okay to delete system error memory dump files yahoo