Windows 10: Disc space

Discus and support Disc space in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Like in windows 7, we go to my computer and thereafter check the properties which include hard disc and its contents, available space as well - where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by manavjivan, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Disc space

Like in windows 7, we go to my computer and thereafter check the properties which include hard disc and its contents, available space as well - where is it in windows 10?

:)

manavjivan, Feb 26, 2015
  2. David Haz Win User

disc space

Hello,

If you have files on your main drive that aren't used very often, you may consider in saving them or moving them to a removable media device, like a USB drive. You would still have access to those files if you connect the drive, but they won't take up space
    on your PC. Here's how to move your files to a removable media device:

• Connect the removable media to your PC.
    • Open File Explorer from the task bar and find the files you want to move.
    • Select the files, go to the Home tab, then select Move to >
      Choose location.
    • Select your removable media from the location list, and select Move.

Or, you could save all your new files to the same drive, and save some of them to a different drive. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • From Settings, select System > Storage.
    • Under Save locations, select a drive from the drop-down menu. If the drive you want to use isn't listed there, make sure that it is connected to your PC.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Feb 26, 2015
  3. gmangq247 Win User
    disc space

my local storage is full but I have 2TB's on my DATA drive. can I combine those? or add an external drive to the C: drive?

I have an Alienware Area-51 R2 Windows 10 Home

gmangq247, Feb 26, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Disc space

Go to "This PC".

badrobot, Feb 26, 2015
  5. The desktop shortcut, Windows Key + E still works in all versions of Windows. Then just Right Click on the drive you're interested in, then click Properties, just like we've done for over a decade and four new OS's.

Some things just don't change.

*Cool

TechnoMage, Feb 27, 2015
  6. Vladimir Win User
    You can also check used/free space in "Storage Sensor"

Disc space [​IMG]

*Smile

Vladimir, Feb 27, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    computador? Is that like a matador, but instead of fighting a bull, you fight a mouse?

Cliff S, Feb 27, 2015
  8. Vladimir Win User

Disc space

Why not ? ...lol...

Portuguese !!!

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Disc space

1. Disc space - Similar Threads - Disc space

2. why did my disc space fill up like crazy, it was just 28 gigabytes free yesterday, now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did my disc space fill up like crazy, it was just 28 gigabytes free yesterday, now...: my disk space keeps randomly filling up, i ran disk cleanup. ONLY 508 MB AVAILABLE TO DELETE IN DISC CLEANUPalso for some reason when i boot up my laptop its louder than the Republic XF-84H turboprop...
  3. why did my disc space fill up like crazy, it was just 28 gigabytes free yesterday, now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did my disc space fill up like crazy, it was just 28 gigabytes free yesterday, now...: my disk space keeps randomly filling up, i ran disk cleanup. ONLY 508 MB AVAILABLE TO DELETE IN DISC CLEANUPalso for some reason when i boot up my laptop its louder than the Republic XF-84H turboprop...
  4. Local Disc: C full even though temporary files don't take up lots of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disc: C full even though temporary files don't take up lots of space: My local disk keeps changing it's memory every minute or 2.This has been going on for 1 month and I tried everything. I would appreciate any help....
  5. Local Disc: C full even though temporary files don't take up lots of space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local Disc: C full even though temporary files don't take up lots of space: My local disk keeps changing it's memory every minute or 2.This has been going on for 1 month and I tried everything. I would appreciate any help....
  6. Local Disc: C full even though temporary files don't take up lots of space

7. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  8. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  9. Disc Space

Disc Space: I have a Desktop computer running windows 7 Ultimate and I am running out of disc space can I delete folders from my c disk to give me some space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-space/ac9a5223-6d81-4bef-88b1-c2cb485ecc50
  10. Disc Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc Space: I have a Desktop computer running windows 7 Ultimate and I am running out of disc space can I delete folders from my c disk to give me some space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-space/ac9a5223-6d81-4bef-88b1-c2cb485ecc50