Windows 10: Disconnect a Windows 10 PC from Azure AD

Discus and support Disconnect a Windows 10 PC from Azure AD in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Disconnect a Windows 10 PC from Azure AD [img] Information There are several reasons why a user would like to stop signing in to Azure AD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disconnect a Windows 10 PC from Azure AD

How to: Disconnect a Windows 10 PC from Azure AD

Disconnect a Windows 10 PC from Azure AD [​IMG]
    Information There are several reasons why a user would like to stop signing in to Azure AD and start using a local or a Microsoft account instead. You might have switched workplace, or you just do not want to use your private PC for work purposes anymore.

Unfortunately, you cannot switch an Azure AD account to a local or Microsoft account. You need to create a new user account first if no local or Microsoft accounts exist, make it an admin account, then disconnect from your organizational account, restart and sign in to new local account.

All software remains installed and intact but all user specific customizations and settings are lost, new local user starting from scratch with default settings.

This tutorial will show how to disconnect from Azure AD.

1.) Copy your personal data (documents, images etc.) from current Azure AD user profile folder to respective folders in C:\Users\Public

2.) If your PC has no existing local or Microsoft administrator account, open Settings > Accounts > Other people and add a new local user (see Option One in this tutorial)

3.) Check that everything is correct, that you will see your Azure AD account under Work or school users (yellow highlight), and your old existing or new local admin account under Other people (blue highlight):

4.) Select Access work or school on left pane, select the connected Azure AD domain, click Disconnect:

5.) Click Yes:

6.) Click Disconnect:

7.) Enter the username and password for an existing local / Microsoft admin account, or for your new local admin account, click OK:

8.) Click Restart now:

9.) When back on desktop with your new local admin account, move personal data from Public folder and its subfolders you backed up in step 1 above to respective subfolders on new user profile folder.

If the old Azure AD user profile folder is still present in Users folder, it can be deleted now.

That's it.

Kari

:)

Brink, Oct 25, 2015

2. Unable to disconnect from Azure AD after account login issues

Been having an issue with one of our systems that is Azure AD joined, we seem to be experiencing the issue with accounts claiming that the password is incorrect. We are running and Insider Preview build (18346.19h1) on this system, so know to expect a couple
    of issues, but wanted to get others thoughts on it before we reload the system.

Steps taken so far are:

• try other Azure Users, same error
    • create and login with a local account
    • disconnect and reconnect to Azure AD
    One of the issues being that we cannot disconnect the system. The disconnect button warns of the consequences, then proceeds to do nothing.

Any other troubleshooting steps to try or is it time to wipe and reload?

richardthompson21, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Dino-M Win User
    Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about joining computers in my firm from on prem AD to Azure AD. When someone new arrives at our firm (new employee), there is a fresh installation of Windows 10. It is easy to join Azure AD
    because it is a fresh start, but now we have to migrate all Windows 10 users that are on prem AD to Azure AD. When I disconnect those users from our local on prem AD and join them to Azure AD, whole new Windows 10 profile is created, without any of settings,
    data or anything else on that profile (clean profile with few applications that are installed computer-wide). So my question is, is there any solution to keep their profile settings from before they joined Azure AD? Or I will have to simply tell them to backup
    everything (essential data).

What I tried so far:

• Tried tools for migration like ForensiT (User Profile Wizard, User Profile Manager and Transwiz, just to see if it is going to work) - not successful
    • Tried changing profile path from registry - not successful
    • Tried log in with the old credentials example: CONTOSO\user (because after I joined that computer to Azure AD user should log in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - not successful
    Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your answers.

Dino-M, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Disconnect a Windows 10 PC from Azure AD

Windows 10 Azure AD to local

Hello,

I have a problem using my Azure AD profile in Windows 10. I have set up my Windows 10 PC using my organization Office 365 account (Azure AD). This caused a problem accessing my organization shared folders in file servers, it cannot recognize and connect.
    I tried with a local Windows account and there was no problem. So I suppose I need to disconnect from Azure AD and go to a local administrator account for not having such a problem. I have 2 PCs with the same problem, I tried in one but it changed totally
    the account, deleted the Azure and lost the installation and settings from that. Now I need to set up from the beginning the local account...

In order not to lose the data, installations, settings etc from the other computer (I have my whole work and licensed software in that), how could I just change to a local account from my Azure/Office365? I need to keep the whole profile but login locally,
    not with my Office365 account. Is there any way to do that?

Thank you

Γιάννης Χρηστίδης, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Mr Davo Win User
    Image W10 workstations for Azure AD join?

Hi All,

I want to image Windows 10; but more importantly I need to join Azure AD 'Out of the Box'!

I don't have a 'master' Azure AD account. I am not even sure that such a thing exits, e.g.: the Administrator account on a standard Active Directory Domain.

Where should I be looking for configuration, where it comes to Azure AD automatic joining?

My thoughts are PowerShell DST! But that is just a rumour.

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Regards,

Davo

Mr Davo, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Configure SCCM with Azure AD

Hello,

We have an Azure AD and I wanted to know if I could setup an SCCM in a cloud Azure setting so that I could image Windows 10 machines and then allow Windows AutoPilot to finish up the imaging process. I don't want to reset the PC to factory specs and take
    3-4 hours to image but rather 45 min to 1 hour to image a Winidws 10 machine. ***NOTE*** I don't have a local DC or AD server and it's all cloud based (Azure AD) only.

Thank you,

Ben

Ben Garcia (bgarcia), Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Disconnect a Windows 10 PC from Azure AD - Similar Threads - Disconnect Azure

2. Azure Virtual Desktop Beta keep disconnecting in VSAT link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure Virtual Desktop Beta keep disconnecting in VSAT link: Hi Microsoft Team, Could someone help us to fix the problem in Azure Virtual Desktop Beta AVD. Few moths ago our Azure Virtual Desktop AVD application is working properly in our site that was connected to VSAT link. But all of the sudden it keeps disconnecting in past weeks,...
  3. Azure Virtual Desktop Beta keep disconnecting in VSAT link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure Virtual Desktop Beta keep disconnecting in VSAT link: Hi Microsoft Team, Could someone help us to fix the problem in Azure Virtual Desktop Beta AVD. Few moths ago our Azure Virtual Desktop AVD application is working properly in our site that was connected to VSAT link. But all of the sudden it keeps disconnecting in past weeks,...
  4. Azure Virtual Desktop keeps disconnecting from the session with error "The two computers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure Virtual Desktop keeps disconnecting from the session with error "The two computers...: The user works from home using her personal computer to connect to the azure virtual desktop. She has enough internet speed of 90 Mbps, we did a continuous ping to Google DNS when it disconnected her, but there was no time out,, so we know it's not the internet connection....
  5. Azure Virtual Desktop keeps disconnecting from the session with error "The two computers...

Azure Virtual Desktop keeps disconnecting from the session with error "The two computers...: The user works from home using her personal computer to connect to the azure virtual desktop. She has enough internet speed of 90 Mbps, we did a continuous ping to Google DNS when it disconnected her, but there was no time out,, so we know it's not the internet connection....
  6. How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined: Hello - How come users can disconnect a company computer that is in Azure Joined Domain ?Users can do this no admin privilege required. Under Settings, Accounts, Access Work or School, at the top under Connect, it shows the user account"Connected by *** Email address is...
  7. How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined

How can I prevent users from disconnecting from the organization Azure joined: Hello - How come users can disconnect a company computer that is in Azure Joined Domain ?Users can do this no admin privilege required. Under Settings, Accounts, Access Work or School, at the top under Connect, it shows the user account"Connected by *** Email address is...
  8. Can't disconnect Windows 10 profile from Azure AD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disconnect Windows 10 profile from Azure AD: We are seeing a strange issue on a Windows 10 machine for a client we manage. Under the local admin account, we see it is connected to Azure with an admin account. This is the account that we use to join all devices in their environment to Azure AD. However, when logged into...
  9. Microsoft Azure VM, allow it to keep doing things even when rdp is disconnected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Azure VM, allow it to keep doing things even when rdp is disconnected: So I want to set up the Azure VM that I have to keep running even after i disconnect from it through rdp. It seems to suspend whatever it's doing whenever I end the rdp to that vm. Is there a way to prevent this and keep the vm running and doing whatever I have it do even...
  10. Unable to disconnect from Azure AD after account login issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to disconnect from Azure AD after account login issues: Been having an issue with one of our systems that is Azure AD joined, we seem to be experiencing the issue with accounts claiming that the password is incorrect. We are running and Insider Preview build (18346.19h1) on this system, so know to expect a couple of issues, but...