Windows 10: Disconnect and Connect events

Discus and support Disconnect and Connect events in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am being troubled by repeated occurrences of the Disconnect and Connected sounds. I am trying to identify what is causing these and thought there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MacNala, Feb 19, 2016.

1. MacNala Win User

Disconnect and Connect events

I am being troubled by repeated occurrences of the Disconnect and Connected sounds.
    I am trying to identify what is causing these and thought there might be a clue in the event logs.
    Does anyone know if these events are logged and where which might give me a clue as to what is happening?

:)

MacNala, Feb 19, 2016

2. Printing from an old DOS accounting program to a UNC network printer

The print server connected through the NET USE command still disconnects after an undetermined period of time or due to some event that I have not discovered as of yet.

Any ideas?

DonGreenberg, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Driving Mode stays on when connected to my MS Band

Yes, if my Band is not connected, the Driving Mode works as it should.

My Band is up to date. The same behavior happens if my phone is connected any other bluetooth device in addition to my car.

Based on my observations, Driving Mode does not actively check for a bluetooth connection to the Driving Mode device, even intermittently, except when the Driving Mode app is opened. It appears to wait for a generic "disconnect" event from the bluetooth
    driver, rather than a device-specific "disconnect" event. Of course, I'm not looking at the code or the bluetooth API, so I'm just guessing based on behavior.

Jayce Nornin, Feb 19, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

These Admin events are likely to be logged in DeviceSetupManager via the Information level.

Right click on the Start button and select Event Viewer. View all instances of the Information events and look for a time when you know it has happened. You might get a clue from the references to any devices being connected/disconnected or serviced.

Disconnect and Connect events [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 19, 2016
  5. MacNala Win User
    Thanks for the info.
    I have done as you suggested but I cannot see any hardware related entries in the event log.
    I cannot upload the Information log as it is in .xml so I have loaded it in to my dropbox.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqy039e04b...-2-16.xml?dl=0
    Perhaps you can see what I cannot as this is my first foray into event logs.

MacNala, Feb 20, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    I'm sorry but that file is not one I can read. The event viewer entries can be saved as follows:

In Event Viewer select the following DeviceSetupManager log:

Open it and right click on the Admin group to save the events as shown below:

philc43, Feb 20, 2016
  7. MacNala Win User
    MacNala, Feb 20, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Thank you - yes I can view this file.

Did you get many disconnect / connect sounds while you had your PC on today?

It looks like it was searching for a something connected with your monitor. Do you have speakers on your monitor and is it looking for drivers for them?

If you look at Device Manager (right click on the start button) do you see any entries with a yellow exclamation mark?

philc43, Feb 20, 2016
  9. MacNala Win User
    Thanks again,
    Yes on that machine I have an iiyama AS4431D which has built in speakers.
    There are no warning flags in the device manager on any of the items.
    The monitor speakers are connected to the system by a cable which is plugged into the audio out socket.
    Yes I have had a few sound events already this morning.

MacNala, Feb 21, 2016
  10. philc43 Win User
    It is possible you have a USB connection problem. I see you have a mouse and keyboard plugged into your USB ports, anything else?

Try different USB ports, the mouse and keyboard should be in the USB2 rather than the blue USB3 ports.

philc43, Feb 21, 2016
  11. MacNala Win User
    Yes the Mouse and Keyboard are plugged into USB2 ports.
    There are no other USB ports in use.
    I did think it was the USB ports so I have changed the Keyboard and temporarily used a different Mouse with no improvement.
    I also plugged the Mouse and Keyboard into different ports also with improvement.
    I have also created a new power plan in which nothing is set to go to sleep or switch off. No improvement.
    I have also modified the settings in the Advanced Power Settings > USB settings > USB selective suspend setting > Disabled. No improvement.
    I went through all the other advanced power settings and changed any that referred to possible items that might affect the problem. No improvement.
    I have read that the 1 Error flagged in event log I shared with you might have something to do with OneDrive so am in the process of checking whether this can be removed to prevent it causing a problem.
    So far without completion. How do you disconnect OneDrive completely?

MacNala, Feb 21, 2016
  12. philc43 Win User
    That is a great list of things you have tried and I'm sorry that none of them works.

By all means try the OneDrive route but I'm not sure it would give rise to the sounds. OneDrive is integrated into W10 but you can disable it. Make sure you read to note to understand the consequences of doing this.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Feb 21, 2016
  13. MacNala Win User

Thanks still searching for solutions.

MacNala, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disconnect and Connect events - Similar Threads - Disconnect Connect events

2. WiFi connecting and disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting and disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe: I have an Asus Rog Strix G15. Operative System: Windows 10.For a long time my personal laptop has been connecting and disconnecting from the Internet randomly. After disconnecting, it takes it a time to get the connection again.Checking the Event Viewer for another thing I...
  3. WiFi connecting and disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connecting and disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe: I have an Asus Rog Strix G15. Operative System: Windows 10.For a long time my personal laptop has been connecting and disconnecting from the Internet randomly. After disconnecting, it takes it a time to get the connection again.Checking the Event Viewer for another thing I...
  4. WiFi connecting and disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WiFi connecting ad disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting ad disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe: I have an Asus Rog Strix G15. Operative System: Windows 10.For a long time my personal laptop has been connecting and disconnecting from the Internet randomly. After disconnecting, it takes it a time to get the connection again.Checking the Event Viewer for another thing I...
  6. WiFi connecting ad disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connecting ad disconnecting. Event ID 1000 - Application error WLANExt.exe: I have an Asus Rog Strix G15. Operative System: Windows 10.For a long time my personal laptop has been connecting and disconnecting from the Internet randomly. After disconnecting, it takes it a time to get the connection again.Checking the Event Viewer for another thing I...
  7. Disconnecting connected computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disconnecting connected computers: Good afternoon, My work laptop and personal laptop somehow connected to the extent that everything on my desktop for my work computer, magically appeared on my desktop for my personal computer. I deleted everything on my personal computer desktop. AND NOW everything that I...
  8. Mouse disconnects and connects.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse disconnects and connects.: Hi guys, does someone knows how can i fix this?: almost like 23 times per day (i use my pc a lot), my mouse disconnects for like 30 seconds or till i unplug it then plug it again and like 05 - 40 mins later it happens again, and again and again, i think its something of...
  9. RDP connection disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP connection disconnects: Hi, I use RDP to connect to a windows terminal server and for 5 years never had any issues until now. As of a few days my session cuts off and the window closes after a few minutes of having a successful connection. I restart the connection again and it just happens...
  10. No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events: So I just installed Windows 10 and been trying to get the right drivers on my gear. Everything was fine until after I installed a ASIO audio driver for a mixer. Now I don't have any Event Sounds when I plug or unplug devices. Tried uninstalling the ASIO drivers and...