Windows 10: Disconnect device?

Discus and support Disconnect device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not finding the icon for same in the popup box at the right side of the toolbar as was the case with Win7. I searched locally and didn't find it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markg2, May 8, 2016.

1. markg2 Win User

Disconnect device?

I'm not finding the icon for same in the popup box at the right side of the toolbar as was the case with Win7. I searched locally and didn't find it. Is there a new feature that doesn't require ejecting a USB iPod, flash drive...?

Mark

:)

markg2, May 8, 2016

2. e71 can't deinstall lotus traveler after upgrade to 500.21.009

Hey, it worked!

Just had to read the Xplore readme first.

Thanks!

..so how 'bout removing that annoying chat? What's its filename? Don't like it, typical Nokia sw that does not work properly.

disconnect---01, May 8, 2016
  3. e71 can't deinstall lotus traveler after upgrade to 500.21.009

Nope, there is no lotus installer sis. Couldn't find it with phone itself, and t hat xplore costs money.

It still keeps on installing that IBM jargon sw when phone is booting.

disconnect---01, May 8, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Disconnect device?

No, it is still there in Windows 10.
    I can't say right now why it does not show up on your system when you plug in a flash drive though.

5. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Let's check this first:
    With a USB device plugged in, go to Device Manager > R click on the USB device > Properties > Policies Tab > and make sure "Better Performance" is checked off.
    Then see if that device now shows up with a Safely Eject icon in the Taskbar.

6. markg2 Win User
    Attached is a screen shot of the referenced device manager properties--no policy tab?

markg2, May 10, 2016
  7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Mmmmm. That's not helpful.
    I'll see if I can find where they hid that option in Windows 10.
    Or maybe someone else seeing this thread will know.

8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Disconnect device?

9. markg2 Win User
    Good morning --

Win10 Professional, new machine--NO policy tab

Mark

markg2, May 11, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Go to Start > Settings.
    Disconnect device? [​IMG]

In settings, go to System > Notifications & Actions > Select which Icons Appear on the Taskbar

Now, Look at Windows Explorer, Safely Remove Hardware. Set it as you like.

Hope it helps.

11. I think Arc is on the right track.

The System tray icons are often found in the drop down 'tray'

If you just want to eject the thumb drive
    Open File explorer
    Navigate to This PC
    Ricght click on the thumb drive
    Select eject

Slartybart, May 12, 2016
  12. markg2 Win User
    The good news is that Arc is correct and under drives there is a policy tab.

Once you check off Better Performance, any huge negative to also checking off Write Caching if the device allows?

Also, as for the icon for device disconnect, per your instructions the icon is now on the taskbar at the right hand end. But here's what I still don't get regarding these notification icons in Win10. Win7 allowed you to click on configure (after clicking the ^ and viewing the tray full of notification icons and change the circumstances under which an icon would appear on the taskbar or just reside up in the tray. That's what I'm not finding?

I'm ending up with a growing number of notification icons that I do not need to see/use all the time.

Mark

markg2, May 12, 2016
  13. Disconnect device?

Write caching, see: Disk Write Caching - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Take another look at Arc's screen shot -
    turn off Always show all icons in the notification area
    Turn off any icons that you do NOT want to see.

Slartybart, May 12, 2016
  14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    If there is a real problem, there is a solution. And to solve your present grievance, you need just one more click.
    It is there below .... ▼
    It is the third screenshot of post #9 .... the topmost item of the window. One click to off.
    When done, you will see an upward arrow there, like this.
    Click on it, you will get access to the other notification area icons.

15. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Please take care to mark the thread as solved when you will think you have got the solution.

Thema:

Disconnect device?

1. Disconnect device? - Similar Threads - Disconnect device

2. All my usb devices disconnect and reconnect every time during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my usb devices disconnect and reconnect every time during startup: Every time I start up the pc, USB connected devices, keyboard and mouse, will turn on normally then turn off and then on in the span of few seconds during startup at the motherboard screen. after which they work normally and do not disconnect. this only happen during startup....
  3. All my usb devices disconnect and reconnect every time during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my usb devices disconnect and reconnect every time during startup: Every time I start up the pc, USB connected devices, keyboard and mouse, will turn on normally then turn off and then on in the span of few seconds during startup at the motherboard screen. after which they work normally and do not disconnect. this only happen during startup....
  4. All my usb devices disconnect and reconnect every time during startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. all my usb devices disconnect then reconnect when im playing a game, this happens...

all my usb devices disconnect then reconnect when im playing a game, this happens...: I have a keyboard, mouse and headset plugged in and the issue only seems to happen when im playing something. Ive tried using different ports, restarting my pc, updated all my drivers, gone into device manager and made sure usb devices arent being turned off automatically and...
  6. all my usb devices disconnect then reconnect when im playing a game, this happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all my usb devices disconnect then reconnect when im playing a game, this happens...: I have a keyboard, mouse and headset plugged in and the issue only seems to happen when im playing something. Ive tried using different ports, restarting my pc, updated all my drivers, gone into device manager and made sure usb devices arent being turned off automatically and...
  7. Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed: When things like a dictation devicem, which is recognised as a storage device, or a usb flash drive are disconnected from a few computers at our company, all running windows 11, it boots us off the virtual desktop. Was wondering if there's any fixes people know of that could...
  8. Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed

Win 11 connecting to a windows 10 VD disconnects when a sorage device is removed: When things like a dictation devicem, which is recognised as a storage device, or a usb flash drive are disconnected from a few computers at our company, all running windows 11, it boots us off the virtual desktop. Was wondering if there's any fixes people know of that could...
  9. Monitor and all other devices disconnect while computer is still on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor and all other devices disconnect while computer is still on.: So, about last week, while watching a youtube video, my monitor and all other devices randomly disconnected, keep in mind that my computer was still on, i tried to check the cables, but nothing. A temporary fix was to unplug the power cable of the computer and plug it back in...
  10. Monitor and all other devices disconnect while computer is still on.

Monitor and all other devices disconnect while computer is still on.: So, about last week, while watching a youtube video, my monitor and all other devices randomly disconnected, keep in mind that my computer was still on, i tried to check the cables, but nothing. A temporary fix was to unplug the power cable of the computer and plug it back in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disconnected drivers

2. huion pen disconnected

3. huion tablet disconnects randomly