Windows 10: Disconnected media sends DHCP request!

Discus and support Disconnected media sends DHCP request! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In an attempt to track down this event: The IP address lease 192.168.1.105 for the Network Card with network address 0x40F02F89E7F7 has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by geoB, Oct 2, 2015.

1. geoB Win User

Disconnected media sends DHCP request!

In an attempt to track down this event:
    I get this result:
    Note that the MAC address that received the DHCPNACK message is reported as disconnected. It is for a wireless card. After power cycling the router the IP address lease had been cleared. Once the system with the disconnected media was booted the router shows the MAC address & the error reappears.

From ipconfig, the MAC address is for the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter. This adapter is not displayed in "Change adapter settings" so there's no way to get at it.

What is going on here? How is it that disconnected media are requesting an address?

Resolution: I discovered I was not paying sufficient attention to the fact that the wireless adapter was shown as "Not connected" in Control Panel, Network connections. That did not mean the adapter was disabled. Now that it is disabled I no longer get the DHCPNACK message! D'oh!

:)

geoB, Oct 2, 2015

2. I get an error "media disconnected" when I try to renew the IP address and the network connection shows as disconnected. Windows 10

MEDIA DISCONNECTED ALL

No solution given by Support Team works

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]

(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Administrator>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : NEVSHANK

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : WirelessAP

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : D8-9D-67-7E-D0-1C

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : F4-B7-E2-1C-31-CD

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter #2

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : F4-B7-E2-1C-31-CE

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : F4-B7-E2-1C-31-CF

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : F4-B7-E2-1C-31-CE

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6abd:3491:682:9160:102f(Preferred)

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3491:682:9160:102f%13(Preferred)

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 486539264

DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1C-5D-8F-B1-00-24-E8-82-FE-EB

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{DD0B1AFF-9156-4405-84AD-F5D076E42719}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

C:\Users\Administrator>

GHOVIN SHANKARMS, Oct 2, 2015
  3. I can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network.

I've the same problem. The phone connect itselves to wi-fi network, but after same minutes (when it go in stand by) it disconnect to network and I'm unable to reconnect it. I can to connect it again only if I operate a phone soft reset. I have a LG Optimus
    7 phone. I think that it is a operative system bug, because the phone don't send anymore DHCP request. You try to switch off and on the phone and test the connection.

Enzo Bastianello, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

Disconnected media sends DHCP request!

1. Disconnected media sends DHCP request! - Similar Threads - Disconnected media sends

2. problem to request new DHCP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem to request new DHCP address: Hi,I have 14 different locations/offices in my company.Before each location was apart from each other. I had a fortigate firewall at each location, with dhcp server in the firewall.Now we changed the network and each location connect to the same firewall and DHCP server in...
  3. problem to request new DHCP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem to request new DHCP address: Hi,I have 14 different locations/offices in my company.Before each location was apart from each other. I had a fortigate firewall at each location, with dhcp server in the firewall.Now we changed the network and each location connect to the same firewall and DHCP server in...
  4. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media disconnected: Unknown adapter Local Area Connection 2: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : lan Wireless LAN adapter...
  5. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media disconnected: Hi.my internet connection thru wi fi stopped,and for few days I try all kind of trials from net,but not successful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-disconnected/38610fe7-e3cf-4b62-b274-e36142fd6857
  6. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media disconnected: I've run through all of the option to reset my IP address and continue to get the media disconnected error. I've reinstalled the the inter wifi driver and run through all of these steps...
  7. Media disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media disconnected: Upgraded to windows 10 in Feb 2020, after the July updates my internet suddenly stopped working and would not connect to the available networks. After a few days it stopped finding networks altogether. I have tried wired, wireless and hotspot connections, updating drivers,...
  8. Send A Request

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Send A Request: This used to work. It would enable them to send an email and I could remotely give more time. Now child using computer runs out of time so wants more of course, clicks on send request but gets "something went wrong we were unable to send your request. are you connected to...
  9. Media Disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Disconnected: So I uninstalled my ethernet driver in my device manager and a website said the driver was supposed to redownload once my laptop restarted but it still hasnt shown up in my device manager. I originally uninstalled it because I had an ethernet connection the whole year and...
  10. Media disconnect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media disconnect: For months (since downloading MS upgrade) all of my media has been disconnected.I have tried following troubleshooting per Microsoft solutions to no avail. Realtek disconnected, local area connection *10, *11, wi-if adapter, local area connections all disconnected. How do I...