Windows 10: Disconnecting keyboard

Discus and support Disconnecting keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my keyboard disconnects and reconnect every 9 minutes. Pls help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarlM107, Jul 15, 2018.

1. CarlM107 Win User

Disconnecting keyboard

my keyboard disconnects and reconnect every 9 minutes.

Pls help

:)

CarlM107, Jul 15, 2018

2. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Disconnecting keyboard

Microsoft wired Keyboard 600 keeps connecting and disconnecting each time I press a button.

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you have installed the latest drivers for the keyboard and are still facing the issue, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to unplug and plug the keyboard and check if the issue is with the keyboard connection.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Disconnecting keyboard

1. Disconnecting keyboard - Similar Threads - Disconnecting keyboard

2. How do I keep my keyboard from disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep my keyboard from disconnecting?: My keyboard on my Windows 10 machine keeps disconnecting and turning off. I've tried a few different solutions, such as changing the power settings, checking for drivers, and uninstalling and reinstalling the device. I've watched every YouTube video I could find and I've...
  3. How do I keep my keyboard from disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep my keyboard from disconnecting?: My keyboard on my Windows 10 machine keeps disconnecting and turning off. I've tried a few different solutions, such as changing the power settings, checking for drivers, and uninstalling and reinstalling the device. I've watched every YouTube video I could find and I've...
  4. How do I keep my keyboard from disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game: My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-keeps-disconnecting-whenever-i-play/884057e7-2fd0-4421-be82-53931d8c8432
  6. My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game

My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game: My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-keeps-disconnecting-whenever-i-play/884057e7-2fd0-4421-be82-53931d8c8432
  7. Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup: Timeline:> I start my pc> Keyboard and mouse connects> UEFI popup> Windows loading> Keyboard and mouse disconnects without me knowing> Stuck at login screen for about 4 seconds> Keyboard and mouse connects back upI have attempted to disconnect and reconnect my mouse and...
  8. Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup

Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup: Timeline:> I start my pc> Keyboard and mouse connects> UEFI popup> Windows loading> Keyboard and mouse disconnects without me knowing> Stuck at login screen for about 4 seconds> Keyboard and mouse connects back upI have attempted to disconnect and reconnect my mouse and...
  9. Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing an issue with my mouse and keyboard disconnecting frequently recently. I have confirmed the health of both the keyboard and mouse. The problem is such that both the mouse and keyboard disconnect every few seconds, and I have to wait for...
  10. Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11

Frequent Mouse and Keyboard Disconnection Issue in Windows 11: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing an issue with my mouse and keyboard disconnecting frequently recently. I have confirmed the health of both the keyboard and mouse. The problem is such that both the mouse and keyboard disconnect every few seconds, and I have to wait for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard disconnects when booting