Windows 10: Discovered Major Bug!!!

Discus and support Discovered Major Bug!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; DOS stands for Disk Operating system. At it's heart Windows OS main goal is to maintain Disks and the files on it. Keep them secure and keep track... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Richard Shank, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Discovered Major Bug!!!

DOS stands for Disk Operating system.

At it's heart Windows OS main goal is to maintain Disks and the files on it.
    Keep them secure and keep track of them.

Well, I was doing some maintenance today and I turned off my computer, swapped out my backup drive which is the same size and make as the one being backed up. A 4 TB Seagate.

All went well then when I put the original drive back in Windows 10 did not recognize it.
    Turned it off again and turned it back on then it said it was the backup drive with all parameters.
    Partition size, Drive letter and what not.

Before I went crazy and tried a recovery I right clicked it offline then back online and it was finally recognized.
    This is BS at the highest level. I have never encountered this behavior with all the Windows version below 10.

I reported a ways back that Win 10 lost 2 4TB partitions and turned them raw just by changing the drive letter and it took a whole week and some serious software to recover just 99% of it.

Microsoft has serious issues on their hands and someone needs to let them know pronto.

I can't see any organization adopting 10 if it looses partitions out of the blue and being 10 was blatantly forced on users through the autoupdate disguised as a mandatory, MS has seriously cooked their own balls.

:)

Richard Shank, Dec 5, 2015
  2. puttitat Win User

Keyboard "lag" N95 - v. 12.0.013

Good to know that I'm not alone. I think it's horrible that the Nokia developers haven't discovered this MAJOR bug during testing!

I have been waiting since I've updated (couple of weeks ago), for a new update, and nothing happens? Earlier on, they released new firmwares each and every day, and when THIS bugs comes out, nothing happens

*cry*

puttitat, Dec 5, 2015
  3. new bug discovered on n97

thnks for the link. however why shuld we go thru all that trouble if its a software issue. i do remember that in v10 there was the problem with keylock i.e. the light never used to turn on, thn came v 11 whch fixed that problem of keylock. it was perfect
    for me, then came v12 whch created another problem of the keylock not responding when connected to computer. seems like the update fixed sme problems but it too created problem as well.

arvar---01, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Discovered Major Bug!!!

Windows 10 does not have DOS in it. Windows hasn't had DOS since Windows 95. There is a command prompt but its not DOS.

alphanumeric, Dec 5, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I have seen reports of similar problems but never a fix.

All I can think of is the drive was removed before power completely shut of thus corrupting the drive then when it was put back it had problems. Seems unlikely but that is all I can come up with.

I've done a lot of drive swapping at the shop and never ran into this problem so it's not prevelant.
    BIOS problem? See if a BIOS update is available.
    Weak CMOS battery (CR2032) causing BIOS configuration setup data to be messed up? Replace battery.

Nothing explains your offline/online fix though.

Ztruker, Dec 5, 2015
  6. Almost certainly a problem in the BIOS, rather than Windows. Did you rescan when swapping?

nigelmercier, Dec 5, 2015
  7. I'm leaning towards it being a BIOS issue to.

alphanumeric, Dec 5, 2015
  8. Discovered Major Bug!!!

No one said it does.
    Your forgetting Windows 98, Me, NT, bob....
    Maybe I should re quote in technical terms.

Windows ITSELF is to maintain the hard drive and not lose your stuff just by turning it on.
    That also happened when Windows decides to do a disk check.

Richard Shank, Dec 6, 2015
  9. This has only happened with Windows 10 which could be Windows 10 drivers for my system.
    All other systems that used to be on there worked fine.
    Believe me I've still got a future proof system with 8 cores and 16 gigs of memory.

Richard Shank, Dec 6, 2015
  10. Why quote DOS in your first statement then? What does it have to do with your issue and Windows 10?
    Windows NT does not have DOS.

alphanumeric, Dec 6, 2015
  11. With the rhetorical questions your neither solving anything or passing along the promise of getting it fixed.

I know this man who is a contractor. He doesn't get a whole lot of business because instead of doing what he's getting paid for he tends to ask "Why do you want to do that" more than doing the actual work. Because I FKNG said so and paying your damn salary that's why.

You will never get anywhere or solve anything if you just want to cause attention to something that has nothing to do with the issue.

Have fun with that.

Richard Shank, Dec 10, 2015
  12. You should take your own advice then, and limit your original question to relevant info. All you did was confuse things with your reference to DOS.

Did you actually shut down the PC? It wasn't by chance in hibernate or sleep mode. If Windows Fast Startup was enabled it may have messed things up for you. The PC goes into a hybrid sleep mode instead of a full shutdown.

alphanumeric, Dec 10, 2015
  13. YOU
    You Win User

Discovered Major Bug!!!

"future proof" does not equate to "foolproof". Just pointing that out.

14. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Maybe instead of dishing out allegories you could just simply have clarified what others had missed.
    In casu the lame pun about a Disk Operating System loosing disks.

Good luck with it, *sarc

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Discovered Major Bug!!!

1. Discovered Major Bug!!! - Similar Threads - Discovered Major Bug

2. Major bugs in Windows 11 File Explorer @ 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major bugs in Windows 11 File Explorer @ 23H2: I've just purchased a new laptop to run Windows 11 since my old one doesn't meet the CPU requirements even though everything else passes the Microsoft "PC Health Check". I then started to see all the bugs with Windows File Explorer introduced with Windows 11. I'm currently...
  3. Major bugs in Windows 11 File Explorer @ 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major bugs in Windows 11 File Explorer @ 23H2: I've just purchased a new laptop to run Windows 11 since my old one doesn't meet the CPU requirements even though everything else passes the Microsoft "PC Health Check". I then started to see all the bugs with Windows File Explorer introduced with Windows 11. I'm currently...
  4. Minecraft dungeons major bug

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft dungeons major bug: Hello, i was trying to log into my favorite game, where it said something was not working. then, it said open up microsoft. i opened it up. then on the store it said for me to do a code. i know the code, but now when i try to open that single message up, it doesn;t work. what...
  5. Update 1903 Major Sound Bug?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update 1903 Major Sound Bug?: Hi, so i just recently updated my Windows to 1903 a week back, but i never really thought that it would affect anything in my system or drivers itself. After the Update's been done and processed in my PC, i detected that my sound quality coming from my headset was low, i...
  6. Major Bug after update 1903 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Bug after update 1903 version: After update 1903 I find a major bug.When Gaming Dvr is on it always usage CPU and when turn off it does not using CPU.I update also two cummulative update but the problem not fixed.I also report this bug to microsoft but no reponse.Please check your pc and reply your pc is...
  7. Major Bug in Windows Update 1903

Major Bug in Windows Update 1903: After update 1903 I find a major bug.When Gaming Dvr is on it always usage CPU and when turn off it does not using CPU.I update also two cummulative update but the problem not fixed.I also report this bug to microsoft but no reponse.Please check your pc and reply your pc is...
  8. Discovered Bugs in 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discovered Bugs in 1903 Update: In setting, pressing the app and feautre tab doesnt work and crashes setting, also cant be fixed by DISM not SFC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discovered-bugs-in-1903-update/e0a79a4d-1d8f-469c-aa80-1f77de1fe43e
  9. Twitter discovered a bug in Account Activity API exposing data

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter discovered a bug in Account Activity API exposing data: We recently discovered a bug in our Account Activity API (AAAPI). This API allows registered developers to build tools to better support businesses and their communications with customers on Twitter. If you interacted with an account or business on Twitter that relied on a...
  10. Major Showstopper bug

Major Showstopper bug: How can I fix this? I'm also getting constant warnings about the defective defender blocking apps like svchost. What the hell is going on here? [ATTACH]...