Windows 10: Disenchanted with IE

Discus and support Disenchanted with IE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Still a die hard Firefox fan, but I've gotta brag about Maxthon Nitro! (One more time!) *Wink Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Frank1, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Edwin New Member

Disenchanted with IE

Still a die hard Firefox fan, but I've gotta brag about Maxthon Nitro! (One more time!) *Wink

Edwin, Apr 29, 2015
  2. Davy49 Win User

Some interesting comment's in here, I myself enjoy using the lastpass password manager..unlike one member in here in the forum's that labeled it as " the biggest piece of crap ever", I've had minimal issues while using it. Also, I still prefer firefox over other browser's, maxthon nitro is faster because of the simplicity of it..no added item's to slow it down, but you can't use add ons or customize it much either.
    David

Davy49, Apr 29, 2015
  3. Gary Win User
    Firefox with the right extensions is secure, I have never had an issue. Using Avast (AIS) I can browse in a sandbox if I wanted to.

4. Mystere Win User

Disenchanted with IE

I was referring to the IE extension... It seems to work well in Chrome and FF. But the IE lastpass extension is a buggy PoS.

Mystere, Apr 29, 2015
  5. magilla Win User
    I have used IE for years. Lately, it has been a problem, takes forever to load, gives me message about problem and shutting down. I thought it was my system. Firefox works good but I am used to IE. Edge works well but again, am used to IE. The problem I encounter is that it runs fine for several hours, then it will become very sluggish in loading the webpage, then it starts stating it must close. Cannot seem to figure it out. BTW, it does this on all my computers (3) on which Windows 10 is installed.

magilla, Aug 25, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Are you using add-ons such as WOT(Web Of Trust) and/or Adblock plus? Neither have been properly upgraded 8not to be confused with updated) for IE11 and cause crashes. If you have them try disabling them for a couple of days. In addition to/even if you don't have->First backup or write down all your site passwords then > Go to gear icon> Internet options>Advanced Tab and reset IE >also if you have CCleaner clean EVERYTHING(we're trying to totally reset to a fresh slate) also clean out your DNS cache.

Cliff S, Aug 25, 2015
  7. Frank1 Win User
    That's exactly the way I feel. When I get used to something it's hard for me to change. But, I'm giving Edge another shot. I suppose I can get used to it as I did to IE.

Frank1, Aug 25, 2015
  8. magilla Win User

Disenchanted with IE

I am using Spybot Search and Destroy. Does this pose a problem? I have used in for many years - including on IE 11 in Windows 8.1 without issues. But then we are in a new system with different issues.

magilla, Aug 25, 2015
  9. mrpumpkin Win User
    Spybot creates an extensive host file (can't remember, but believe it's an option). This may create problems when the DNS Client service is running. I've used Host files in the past, and best results were obtained by disabling the DNS client. But if it was me, I'd nix spybot, and delete its host file entries.

mrpumpkin, Aug 25, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Good idea to troubleshoot.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disenchanted with IE