Windows 10: Disgusted with MS native app updates

Discus and support Disgusted with MS native app updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm sure many don't have multiple user accounts on their machines but for those that do .... i am seriously fed up with Microsoft updating their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Disgusted with MS native app updates

I'm sure many don't have multiple user accounts on their machines but for those that do ....

i am seriously fed up with Microsoft updating their native apps. Not because I don't want new features but because of the unpredictable outcomes for the other user accounts (mix of admin and child). It doesn't happen all the time but. On the last films app and then again tonight's photos app update I run the update on my own account. The app works fine for me but the other users click them and nothing launches!!! I have to then go into each user account, reset the app, repin the tile . It's not a local issue as the same thing happens on three different machines. MS needs to buck up their ideas relating to these native app updates because at the moment it's making us dread them for the amount of work it causes and the possibility of breaking them for my wife and kids user accounts!

sorry grumble over, just need to vent!!!!

:)

Scottyboy99, Nov 14, 2016

2. Films and tv app update 25.10.2016

Ok I got it working again by going into settings - apps and features, selecting films and then advanced and choosing reset! BUT I had to do this for every user! What a cludge, MS native app update process is very flawed. The native app store update process
    breaks apps too easily anytime an update is pushed!

3. MS native apps are disappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Glad to know that the issue is resolved. We appreciate you for sharing the feedback.

Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We'll be more than happy to assist you again.

Anup Karkal, Nov 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disgusted with MS native app updates

Brink, Nov 14, 2016
  5. Always the voice of reason mate! Thank you.

I do have auto update switched off and as you suggest I will be choosy but it's just frustrating as it's still s flawed process . Although I know we can fix the apps by resetting them it is very time consuming. It doesn't always go like this, for example mail calendar app updated the other day and all was fine but it's real unpredictable for sure

cheers Wayne

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In addition, the app may stop working properly if it's not kept updated.

Brink, Nov 14, 2016
  7. SonicBlue Win User
    The Metered Connection toggle is now under each individual network connection. Instead of one setting for all they taught me a lesson last week if you go and use a wifi elsewhere. So if you have a small pc with 32g EMMC, be warned that updates will clog u up fast.

SonicBlue, Nov 15, 2016
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I have to agree -- these automatic updates can be a nightmare - especially on a variety of machines with different applications loaded on to them and different user privilege levels.

A Manual process seems the best on offer -- but what a Dog's Dinner of a mess -- surely in 2016/2017 we shouldn't be using a Manual process as the best method of keeping systems up to date.

Isn't about time Ms offered a basic LTR strategy (Long term release) with very few updates (just security fixes) and something a bit more User friendly than the Windows Insider for those who want something a bit more cutting edge.

I'm really fed up with Android on the phone when nearly every week or two a load of apps get updated -- many times the updated stuff either doesn't work or is WORSE than the previous version!!!!!.

That's why when on Linux I use CENTOS as it might not be leading edge but it's hugely stable and rel 7 is supported until 2021 !!! -it's the Free version of the Red Hat Enterprise server. Only 1 crash in 9 months -- well the OS will crash if you remove the SSD containing the OS !!!! by mistake - even then it gave warnings before quitting.

There's Fedora / Mint etc for people who want to go for newer stuff.

I'd love Windows to follow the same line -- of course there's new hardware coming out all the time but this could be rolled into the "New" release before eventually being rolled into the "Stable" version.

So Ms needs to offer for one licence for BOTH the Stable version and optionally for those that want it the "Rolling release" leading edge version. The Stable version apart from essential security fixes could be updated say every 6 months or so after PROPER testing and feedback from the "Development" version.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 15, 2016
  9. SonicBlue Win User
    Android........Turn off Updating in the Settings of the Google PlayStore app.

SonicBlue, Nov 15, 2016
  10. gtspeck Win User
    One must be patient, one day MS will get it right!*sarc

gtspeck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disgusted with MS native app updates - Similar Threads - Disgusted native app

2. Monikers are disgusting! And not terminated!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monikers are disgusting! And not terminated!: The moniker demkuntz, demclit and not one of the MSN censors catch it or cares. Are we allowed to use names that are obnoxious to women because it has Dem in front of it? A section of your user guidelines "real names are to be used" but they are not. Is this a new forum rule?...
  3. Monikers are disgusting! And not terminated!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monikers are disgusting! And not terminated!: The moniker demkuntz, demclit and not one of the MSN censors catch it or cares. Are we allowed to use names that are obnoxious to women because it has Dem in front of it? A section of your user guidelines "real names are to be used" but they are not. Is this a new forum rule?...
  4. Disgusting windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disgusting windows: when I turn my laptop on it’s directly coming to advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disgusting-windows/2eadbeaf-4014-48e3-842c-e7934d580db2
  5. Disgusting windows

Disgusting windows: when I turn my laptop on it’s directly coming to advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disgusting-windows/2eadbeaf-4014-48e3-842c-e7934d580db2
  6. Disgusting windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH UPDATE PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH UPDATE PROBLEMS: Since Nov 2017 I've had multiple problems with MS mandatory updates. 17" HP Pavillion laptop bought in 2017 and HP Notebook bought 8/2018....EVERY TIME an update is sent (1) icons are gone from desktop (2) screen display is changing colors automatically as I search or while...
  8. Microsoft native app updates today

Microsoft native app updates today: MS seems to be having a field day updating the native apps at the moment, virtually all the native ones have updates available over last couple days so if your store update settings are set to manual you might want to run a check. About the only one i reckon I haven't seen is...
  9. MS Store upgrade .Net Native Runtime Package 1.1.23101.0 app always

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Store upgrade .Net Native Runtime Package 1.1.23101.0 app always: Every time I try to check the app in the Store that app .Net Native Runtime Package 1.1.23101.0 appear in the list. Solutions? 21734
  10. Updates to MS apps

Updates to MS apps: Various updates to native apps available today including mail & calendar, news, money, weather. All run manually from store. All went in first time and verified as still working across all user accounts. Recommend if you run multiple user accounts that you take a restore...