Windows 10: "Disk 1 not initialized" error again

Discus and support "Disk 1 not initialized" error again in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I thought this was fixed but "Disk 1 not initialized" error has popped up again. Not sure what to do. I was cleaning out data off this drive & moved it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GARoss, Sep 4, 2017.

1. GARoss Win User

"Disk 1 not initialized" error again

I thought this was fixed but "Disk 1 not initialized" error has popped up again. Not sure what to do. I was cleaning out data off this drive & moved it to another. Thankfully I believe I finished before this error began popping up again.

"Disk 1 not initialized" I'm not sure if I should select MBR or GPT or leave it alone & do something else. It was formatted NTFS with about half of 1.5Tb capacity of data on it.

"Disk 1 not initialized" error again [​IMG]

Is the drive dying or perhaps my new install has installed the wrong driver. Driver Version is Microsoft dated 6/21/2006 v10.0.15063.332

"Disk 1 not initialized" error again [​IMG]

The motherboard is Asus Prime X370-Pro & Asus describes the SATA as;
    AMD X370 chipset :
    8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s),

I do not use the RAID setup.

I have installed the chipset package from AMD for the X370 chips. It would seem the proper driver would have been installed but (?).
    Any suggestions?

:)

GARoss, Sep 4, 2017
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Sep 4, 2017
  3. farby Win User
    my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Sep 4, 2017
  4. GARoss Win User

A-a-a-a-a-ah! *Banghead
    Now it's working properly. I don't get it.

Is this a sign the drive is dying? *Confused

GARoss, Sep 5, 2017
  5. Gordon7 Win User
    Hi GARoss, take it easy, the driver you was worried about, is OK:

From your post #1: Is the drive dying or perhaps my new install has installed the wrong driver. Driver Version is Microsoft dated 6/21/2006 v10.0.15063.332

The SATA driver has the version nr.: 10.0.15063.332 - the 15063.332 is the Creator version nr. (15063.xxx) which tell you that it
    was installed by Windows when the Creator version was installed on your PC. It is the newest version of that driver.

Often you have to reboot the PC more than one time to get everything right.

Keep your system and private files separated in at least two partitions and keep both off them backed up.

Even if I don't think that anything is wrong with your drive, it is important to keep backup images of both system and private files, so
    if anything go wrong - you have your backup's ready.

Gordon7, Sep 5, 2017
  6. GARoss Win User
    Thanks Gordon7,
    It happened again today after a Radeon update, which, I think, is the key but not sure why. Thinking back, I believe the other Disk read failures were after OS updates or BIOS updates. My new PC is a AMD Ryzen 7-1700 so there has been several of these updates.

The drive is reading now so we're good.

GARoss, Sep 6, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    This is not a driver issue.
    Is Disk 1 an external drive or an internal drive? Who is the manufacturer of the drive? (ie) Seagate, Western Digital, HGST etc
    If an external drive, does the drive come with it's own power adapter? If so, be sure to plug the power adapter directly into the wall and not thru a Power Strip or extension cord, as this diminishes the power.
    If no power adapter, the USB Drive controller inside the enclosure may be failing. You can disassemble the enclosure and remove the drive and attach it internally to a desktop computer, or via a USB Adapter, Dock or Enclosure with a power adapter.
    If this is an internal drive, you can run the manufacturers Hard Drive Diagnostic on it, links in my signature. Run the long or extensive tests which will take a long time. If it fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.
    Also, download Crystal Disk Info to show the status of the drive currently.

spunk, Sep 8, 2017
  8. GARoss Win User

Spunk, it's an internal drive. We're away on a vacation now & will need to check the brand but it's either a Seagate or Hitachi. Manufacturers Hard Drive Diagnosis sounds like a good idea. Just seems to happen after software updates.

GARoss, Sep 9, 2017
  9. spunk Win User
    spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Disk 1 not initialized" error again - Similar Threads - Disk initialized error

2. How do I get my Disk Drive to initialize again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Disk Drive to initialize again?: After attempting to play DMC 5 on steam with an Xbox controller with a USB, my computer froze and crashed. After booting my pc back up, my E drive was missing. I found out how to find it in "my pc" storage and disk management, but I'm unable to initialize it in either way due...
  3. Disk Not Initialized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Not Initialized: I tried many ways to make my hard drive work but nothing works.I have tried: Ontrack EasyRecovery, AOMEI, Mini Partition Wizard,diskpart,... but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-not-initialized/b72a516c-96e3-4102-bd0b-66a737959e02
  4. Disk Not Initialized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Not Initialized: I tried many ways to make my hard drive work but nothing works.I have tried: Ontrack EasyRecovery, AOMEI, Mini Partition Wizard,diskpart,... but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-not-initialized/b72a516c-96e3-4102-bd0b-66a737959e02
  5. Unable to Initialize Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Initialize Disk: I have a 4TB harddrive. I was using it in a storage pool with another 4TB harddrive. I've moved the disks around and no longer want them in a pool. Unfortunately, one of the 4TB drives shows up as the old 8TB pool in Disk Management. I'm unable to initialize, format or delete...
  6. Disk Initialization - Device is not ready error

Disk Initialization - Device is not ready error: Not directly relevant but some background, I've been running into some overheating issues with a drive I'm installing. On the first attempt to initialize and partition, format the drive it failed midway through due to the drive going into overheat protection. I've now solved...
  7. Initializing a disk fails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Initializing a disk fails.: Initializing a disk fails with this error: cyclic redundacy check. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initializing-a-disk-fails/a94fdebc-7215-439f-97d6-8bd22065f248
  8. Initialize Disk

Initialize Disk: I recently had to reset my computer to try and fix some problems it was having (it was crashing constantly). When I re-ran windows I attempted to access an external hard drive I use. When I plug the hard drive in windows makes the sound recognizing it and it shows up as a USB...
  9. disk not initialized

disk not initialized: hi my name is Pablo I try to initialized my ssd but everything is gray out the initialized disk is gray out and the new simple volume is gray out to I don't know what to do need help please...
  10. Disk 1 not initialized? (!)

Disk 1 not initialized? (!): I did a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit & now one of my hard drives has an issue. While on the desktop I could access the disk but it was very slow to scan & took several minutes. Once completed it seems to indicate all the folders but I could not access any of them....