Windows 10: Disk Activity

Discus and support Disk Activity in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do you stop the constant disk activity it is becoming a joke, every thing freezes until it stops. How do you turn off updates, there must be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Auskart, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Auskart Win User

Disk Activity

How do you stop the constant disk activity it is becoming a joke, every thing freezes until it stops.

How do you turn off updates, there must be a hack or something out there.

:)

Auskart, Mar 11, 2016
  2. Activity Win User

Sync starts, never finishes, no error code

Yes, I have, many times

Activity, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Activity Win User
    Sync starts, never finishes, no error code

Yes, I have. Moreover I've tried to change computer Disk Activity :) Still problem...

Activity, Mar 11, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Disk Activity

There is no hack, it is just an update setting. I found this to work well for me.

Disk Activity [​IMG]

5. AnEdge Win User
    He's asking about Win 10, not Win 7...wrong forum WHS... Can't do that on 10

AnEdge, Mar 11, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Hmm, thanks - I must have been asleep at the wheel. Thats what you get when you switch between 6 fora all the time.

7. WHS
    whs Win User
    Is this a setting that would work in this case.

Disk Activity [​IMG]

8. davidhk Win User

Disk Activity

davidhk, Mar 11, 2016
  9. AnEdge Win User
    Hey Auskart, you mentioned constant disk activity, do you get this only when updates are being installed? That's normal, until their finished and a restart is done...As WHS says you can defer the restart.
    The updates generally don't take more than a few minutes, and then only a few times a month. Normal operating procedure and IMO necessary.
    Are you having high activity other than when the updates are being downloaded? Need a little more info.
    Why would you want to disable updates?

AnEdge, Mar 11, 2016
  10. Auskart Win User
    Hi, yes there is disk activity every couple of minutes, I have turned of indexing but still have the same problem, it only started about 2 or 3 weeks ago, there have been no new programs installed except for the win 10 updates.

Auskart, Mar 11, 2016
  11. AnEdge Win User
    First, its possible some of your system setting may have been reset with one of the updates. One that uses high cpu is the show me tips about windows. Go to settings>system>notifications and actions and turn off show me tips about windows.
    Next go thru other settings in privacy and check whether anything has changed.
    Let us know if it gets better

AnEdge, Mar 11, 2016
  12. Auskart Win User
    Been through all that, seems to be getting worse, even makes games freeze now when the disk activity starts.

Auskart, Mar 12, 2016
  13. Disk Activity

Windows Search (Cortana) is quite a drag, then scheduled disk defrag and sharing Windows Updates.
    When the lagging starts, you should check ASAP, what process is causing high disk activity.
    You should also check, what tasks are running. Start - Run - taskschd.msc - Display all running tasks.

TairikuOkami, Mar 12, 2016
  14. AnEdge Win User
    Hey Auskart, I'm sure you have checked your AV. Its possible too that you may have an infection. Run Malwarebytes. If you cant pinpoint the high usage, you might want to do a repair install. Try going thru running tasks first as Tairku suggests

Here's the link for the repair, choose to keep everything.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Keep us informed

AnEdge, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disk Activity

1. Disk Activity - Similar Threads - Disk Activity

2. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  3. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  4. windows activation fails after windows reload to a new disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation fails after windows reload to a new disk: Windows activation code has failed to activate, says it's not valid, was purchased from Microsoft, recieved email with code. what can I do. Peter....
  5. windows activation fails after windows reload to a new disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation fails after windows reload to a new disk: Windows activation code has failed to activate, says it's not valid, was purchased from Microsoft, recieved email with code. what can I do. Peter....
  6. windows activation fails after windows reload to a new disk

7. Why can't I activate an OEM version of windows after a hard disk change?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why can't I activate an OEM version of windows after a hard disk change?: I have swapped a hard disk with a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE activated OEM copy of Win10 into a different machine replacing its original disk that also had a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE activated OEM copy of Win10 working on it. I can't now activate the OEM copy of Windows 10 on the...
  8. Why can't I activate an OEM version of windows after a hard disk change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I activate an OEM version of windows after a hard disk change?: I have swapped a hard disk with a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE activated OEM copy of Win10 into a different machine replacing its original disk that also had a PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE activated OEM copy of Win10 working on it. I can't now activate the OEM copy of Windows 10 on the...
  9. Why can't I activate an OEM version of windows after a hard disk change?

10. Why is my disk active light blinking while in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my disk active light blinking while in sleep mode?: My PC normally uses ~70 watts at idle. When I place it into sleep mode, it normally goes down to 0 watts. But sometimes, I come back to find that it is back to 125 watts by itself and the hard drive light is blinking. I turn on the monitor and there is no signal, so the OS is...