Windows 10: Disk allocation and Drive permissions

Discus and support Disk allocation and Drive permissions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why do I get this error message and how can I resolve it? Error message reads: Unable to create record files for one or more tracks. Check your disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dizzylizzy, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Disk allocation and Drive permissions

Why do I get this error message and how can I resolve it?

Error message reads: Unable to create record files for one or more tracks. Check your disk allocation and drive permissions."
    I have just purchased a Focusrite interface, downloaded the relevant software, but every time I try to record, I get the above error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and the same problem occurs when I try to record. I have reinstalled the audio drivers on the laptop, which made no difference, and I am the administrator, so have correct permissions.

Any suggestions, as it is driving me crazy! Please respond in simple English, as I am not techie. An idiots guide would be perfect.
    Thanks for any help
    DZ

:)

dizzylizzy, Apr 2, 2018
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Windows 10 will not allow acces to files to be updated

Personally, I would boot from an installation disk / System repair disk / Recovery drive and use its Command prompt to go to the folder concerned and delete it.

Note 1 - When you boot from an external drive you need to use dir etc to identify the drive you need because the drive letters temporarily allocated to drives are not the same as those normally allocated by Windows.

Note 2 - The problem is caused by permissions on the folder concerned so you could investigate changing them to allow you to delete them but I think booting from an external boot disk would be quicker.

All the best,

Denis

Tryx3, Apr 2, 2018
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    I bought this computer recently and it sais i'm not an administrator when i try and delete a file.

Benoit,

Is this a Steam folder? Everybody else with a question like this seems to be referring to Steam.

Personally, I would boot from an installation disk / System repair disk / Recovery drive and use its Command prompt to go to the folder concerned and delete it.

When you boot from an external drive you need to use dir etc to identify the drive you need because the drive letters temporarily allocated to drives are not the same as those normally allocated by Windows.

Or you might also enjoy studying the more detailed guidance in
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a0-5591062ae12

Denis

Tryx3, Apr 2, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

Disk allocation and Drive permissions

spunk, Apr 2, 2018
  5. The interface comes with Protools First (light)
    It should automatically record when the appropriate button is pressed.As per the various tutorials. It should be very straight forward without adjustment of any settings!
    It is a very frustrating mystery.

dizzylizzy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disk allocation and Drive permissions

1. Disk allocation and Drive permissions - Similar Threads - Disk allocation Drive

2. Cannot allocate drive: Vistual Disk Manager: The parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot allocate drive: Vistual Disk Manager: The parameter is incorrect: I had to reformat and to a clean reinstall on my system. I currently have 2 m.2 drive and a few SSDs 1TB for OS and 250 MB for additional data.When to reallocate the 250 MB drive, I end up with the error message.System is:ADATA SX6000NP drive at faultIntel Core i7...
  3. Query about allocating fixed Drive Letters to External Disk Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Query about allocating fixed Drive Letters to External Disk Drives: I have a few External Disk Drives and I have allocated fixed drive letters to each of them. Unfortunately, a few of them failed, or were given away, etc., and I am left in a bit of a messy state where I keep allocating the next alphabetical letter to any new drives, while...
  4. Query about allocating fixed Drive Letters to External Disk Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Query about allocating fixed Drive Letters to External Disk Drives: I have a few External Disk Drives and I have allocated fixed drive letters to each of them. Unfortunately, a few of them failed, or were given away, etc., and I am left in a bit of a messy state where I keep allocating the next alphabetical letter to any new drives, while...
  5. Problem allocating external disk.

Problem allocating external disk.: I stripped the hard drive from my old laptop to use as a backup but it wont allow me to create a new volume. The only options i have are shown in the screenshot. Is there a fix to this?[ATTACH]...
  6. Allocating Disk Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating Disk Space: I allocated 1 terabyte to PopOS but I decided I don't like it much. How do I reallocate the space back to windows? submitted by /u/Lawfulness_Negative [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k102ok/allocating_disk_space/
  7. Allocate more disk space to system drive

Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  8. Allocate more disk space to system drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Allocate more disk space to system drive: Hi, I need to Allocate more disk space to system drive, there are two partitions, C:50 GB, D:70GB, I don't have any other partitions, there's 10 gb free space on D drive, which I need to allocate/merge for C drive, so that OS drive has more free disk space, without Formatting...
  9. 3 TB Disk Allocation

3 TB Disk Allocation: I am having problems trying to allocate all of the space on a new 3 TB drive. When I installed windows 10 it installed the system files on the 500 GB SSD and allocated an additional 500 MB on Disc 0 (the 3 TB drive) for System Reserved. I have been able to create a New Volume...
  10. Disk Allocation

Disk Allocation: Hi everyone, It's Kousik here. I have installed xubuntu along with windows 10. To do that i had to re partition my hard disk which is of 1 tb. While doing this i can't allocate 250gb as primary partition. The message below is showing " You cannot allocate a primay...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check your disk allocation and drive permissions windows