Windows 10: Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder.

Discus and support Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder. I am finding a driver is there, by name IntcDAud.sys. Here it is 439kb and the same is there in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lvgandhi, Jul 31, 2015.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder.

Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder. I am finding a driver is there, by name IntcDAud.sys. Here it is 439kb and the same is there in Windows\system32\drivers also. Though I am not worried as space occupied is very less, I wanted to know, why clean up is not deleting even after selecting disk clean up|clean up system files.

:)

lvgandhi, Jul 31, 2015

2. Revert back to 7 no option in recovery

Hi Paul,

I realize that you are facing issues rolling back to Windows 7.

You may please check if the Windows.old folder is present in the C:\ drive.

Windows.old folder will be created when you upgrade from previous Windows version to Windows 10.

This folder is important to rollback to previous operating system, if this folder is removed then you can't rollback to Windows 7.

After upgrading to Windows 10, did you perform a disk clean-up (clean-up system files)?

Please be informed that the if you performed a disk clean-up(clean-up system files) the Windows.old folder will be removed.

You may check and get back with the information.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Can i revert back to windows 7 if i dont like windows 10?

You may have run disk cleanup that cleaned up the files of older windows installation.

Do you have any windows.old folder in C:/ ?

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Did you select "SHOW HIDDEN FILES" in the file explorer? This might help.

Rocky, Jul 31, 2015
  5. lvgandhi Win User
    Yes. There is no hidden files except a single driver file and its reference in repository.

lvgandhi, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    Run Disk Cleanup after every boot, eventually it will delete the Windows.old folder. I had exactly the same problem.

Boozad, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    It doesn't always work, it didn't for me when updating from 10166 to 10240.

Boozad, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Mumbai Win User

then the only solution is deleting them manually but have to set the correct permission settings.

Mumbai, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    I run Disk Cleanup after every reboot and eventually Windows.old was deleted.

Boozad, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Delete Windows old file first, desk will be cleaned automatically

different3, Jul 31, 2015
  11. lvgandhi Win User
    It has not worked.

lvgandhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk clean up do not clean Windows.old folder. - Similar Threads - Disk clean clean

2. Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup not cleaning Windows Update Clean-up: For a bit, I have been trying to get rid of Windows Update Clean-up in Disk Cleanup, but it is not working. I have tried searching but every answer I find either does not relate to my situation/does not work. It has gotten so bad that it has accumulated to 8.30GB.I would...
  3. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  4. Disk Clean Up

Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  5. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  6. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  7. Disk clean up

8. Clean up disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724
  9. Clean up disk

Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724
  10. windows disk clean up

windows disk clean up: Windows 10 pro: hp Desktop Temporary internet files, Temporary files, and Thumbnails will not delete with Windows disk cleanup. I have tried CCleaner (it says it cleaned them). However, right after that, I do another Disk clean up and they are still there. I have tried:...