Windows 10: Disk Clean up tool

Discus and support Disk Clean up tool in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I run the disk cleanup tool, it leaves over 5 GB of files in IE Temp files. CCleaner does not remove them either. [img] 79688 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Clint, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Clint Win User

Disk Clean up tool

When I run the disk cleanup tool, it leaves over 5 GB of files in IE Temp files. CCleaner does not remove them either.

Disk Clean up tool [​IMG]

:)

Clint, Mar 18, 2017

2. Temporary internet files will not delete

I just want to know why the Disk Clean-Up tool does not delete the temporary internet files?!!!!???

It is up to almost 4GB now. and running the Disk Clean-Up tool does not work!!!!!

This is on both of my computers....

Why can't Microsoft fix this???

Jerry S. Brown, Mar 18, 2017
  3. disk clean up

Thanks for the replies but most all of these answers I am doing. The problem seems to be the padlock icon that insinuates that these Temporary Internet files are "locked" and cannot be removed! I am discouraged by Microsoft that someone from there has not
    addressed this issue and posted an answer.

Thanks again to all who responded, Dave

Dave Baker Sr, Mar 18, 2017
  4. Kyhi Win User

Disk Clean up tool

Try through Control panel - Internet options > browser history (delete)

5. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Mar 18, 2017
  6. Clint Win User
    Thanks Kyhi. Tried that 3 times. Didn't work. I now have 520 GB.

Clint, Mar 18, 2017
  7. Kyhi Win User
    I would not worry about 520KB as most likely system type files that can not be deleted, by system
    You where 5.09GB before > so BIG difference there

8. swarfega Win User

Disk Clean up tool

Try running disk clean with administrator privileges.

swarfega, Mar 18, 2017
  9. Clint Win User
    It was a typo. I should have said 520 GB.

Clint, Mar 18, 2017
  10. prikker Win User
    Have you tried temp and %temp% in run?

prikker, Mar 18, 2017
  11. Clint Win User
    Can you explain?

Clint, Mar 18, 2017
  12. prikker Win User
  13. CountMike New Member

Disk Clean up tool

UnCleaner is amazing, I run it every time after large disk cleaning, large file deletions, program uninstallations (even with Revo), in same cases it removes even a GB or more. Windows "abandons" some files after some time and UnCleaner catches them (or some of them) and cleans them.

CountMike, Mar 19, 2017
  14. .
    I am confused... UnCleaner – The Unnecessary Files Cleaner Solution - Josh Cell Softwares
    Not Win10?

tockx16jolt, Mar 19, 2017
  15. .
    These settings affect what CCleaner does.

Disk Clean up tool [​IMG]

tockx16jolt, Mar 19, 2017
Thema:

Disk Clean up tool

1. Disk Clean up tool - Similar Threads - Disk Clean tool

2. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  3. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  4. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  5. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  6. Disk clean up

7. Clean up disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724
  8. Clean up disk

Clean up disk: Which is the best way to clean the diskMy Disk has to be cleaned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-disk/9f95a443-ba71-47f0-a066-09d1b6f4e724
  9. Defragment and Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragment and Disk Clean Up: Hello, I work from home, my system is starting to run slow and have issues. I am wanting to di a defragment and a disk clean up but when doing these i want to make sure it is not going to clear the cache or cookies as i have to get approval for some sites and want to be...
  10. Disk Clean up questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Clean up questions: Hi, Im trying to get an understanding of how disk clean up is supposed to work. Its always been my understanding that Windows 10 is supposed to clean up previous Windows Installations automatically after 10 days without any user input. The reason being, you have 10 days in...