Windows 10: Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

Discus and support Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by turboman, Jul 30, 2016.

1. turboman Win User

Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after several trials and restarts. This happens on my PC, and also on 1 laptop. However on another laptop I have, the temporary files can be deleted with the disk cleanup. I cannot see what causes the difference between the two laptops.
    I saw some old posts in 2015 on this topic, but did not find a solution yet. Anyone knows a solution now?
    (I wanted to clean out the system before the anniversary update)

:)

turboman, Jul 30, 2016

2. Disk Cleanup in windows 10 , after anniversary edition , including the creation edition .

Are you saying that using Edge or Firefox you have no problem going to Disk Cleanup and deleting Temporary Internet Files ? You have to double check - run Disk Cleanup and delete the files , then run Disk Cleanup again and I'll bet the Temporary Internet
    Files are still there and still padlocked .

elwood h.stone jr., Jul 30, 2016
  3. How to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files?

Original title: Disk Cleanup

When I run Disk Cleanup The Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files do not delete.

Is there a solution to this?

Wes

WesPleshko, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 31, 2016
  5. PiKo Win User
    try: run as administrator (right mouse button)

6. Why Doesn’t Disk Cleanup Delete All Files?

After you’ve used Disk Cleanup, you probably expect every temporary file to be completely deleted, but that’s not actually the case. Files are only deleted if they are older than 7 days old, but you can tweak that number to something else.

Here's how:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/36924...e-temp-folder/

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 31, 2016
  7. dapster Win User
    Note that the issue raised is NOT all temporary files. Rather, it is about temporary internet files.

dapster, Jan 10, 2017
  8. miiiikeee Win User

Try privazer it worked perfect

miiiikeee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files - Similar Threads - Disk cleanup cannot

2. Temporary Internet Files are not completely deleted after using the Disk Cleanup app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Internet Files are not completely deleted after using the Disk Cleanup app: I never had this problem since last year of April until it started appearing after installing the August 2023 update.The size kept growing from 6.54 kb to 6.97 kb in the last week of August. Today, on September 3 2023, it increased to 7.10 kb. I always use the disk cleanup...
  3. Temporary Internet Files are not completely deleted after using the Disk Cleanup app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Internet Files are not completely deleted after using the Disk Cleanup app: I never had this problem since last year of April until it started appearing after installing the August 2023 update.The size kept growing from 6.54 kb to 6.97 kb in the last week of August. Today, on September 3 2023, it increased to 7.10 kb. I always use the disk cleanup...
  4. Win. 10 disk cleanup: How to delete temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win. 10 disk cleanup: How to delete temporary files: hi all: I always wonder why is it that when it gets to like the 7th or 8th day, especially day 7, going to Storage and Temporary Files, I noticed the temporary files is there. It doesn't happen from day 1 to day 6. I have to clean it up. But it still appears in disk cleanup....
  5. unlock temporary files in disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unlock temporary files in disk cleanup: I have tried everything in about 30 pages of help and I cannot unlock the file to delete it. Thanks in advance charlie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-temporary-files-in-disk-cleanup/8a176a71-939f-4cb6-8926-ed3edf35d2fa"
  6. issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803: Hi Microsoft: I reinstalled my Windows because previously, when I go to disk cleanup to cleanup files, I noticed that the temporary files will not cleanup. I tried it in the new user account by the same issue. It didn't happen in 1703 or 1709. It happened before in the...
  7. Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files: Hi All Temporary Internet files show data in the folder according to disk cleanup, so far ran ccleaner, then ran diskcleanup again a week later, and seems like more data in that folder on my SSD, and i'm like what the heck, I cleared the temp folder manually, clear...
  8. Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup

Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup: Hi all. I have had 175mb of Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup for what seems like a few months now which will not seem to go following the routine disk cleanup action. I waited until the next major CU came and went which happened last night but it still says 175mb of...
  9. Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files

Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files: Disk Cleanup is showing 2.92GB temporary Internet files that I cannot even find. [img] When I click on View files I am taken here: [img] One 0KB file and a folder. The folder contents are: [img] I am having a hard time understanding why 281KB of files...
  10. Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files

Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files: did alittle more digging... in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Temporar y Files what does the defualt key to? the original is 0B2C35D2-C8BC-4470-BFC0-D6BB1235E5CE i changed it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlock temp internet file in 10

2. filesqdisk cleanup does not delete temp internet

3. disk-cleanup file padlocked

4. temporary internet files cant delete disk cleanup,
  5. disk cleanup cannot delete temp files,
  6. temporary internet files in win 10 cant delete in disk cleanup,
  7. disk cleanup cannot delete internet temp files windows 10,
  8. temporary internet files disk cleanup cannot,
  9. temperory internet files cannot delete after disk cleanup,
  10. can not delete compress windows in disk cleanup