Windows 10: disk cleanup icon missing on C

Discus and support disk cleanup icon missing on C in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; cant find the familiar icon to do a cleanup on disk C. very odd*Shock it should be right where i drew the circle [img] 93612 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pathfinder, Sep 16, 2017.

1. disk cleanup icon missing on C

cant find the familiar icon to do a cleanup on disk C. very odd*Shock it should be right where i drew the circle

disk cleanup icon missing on C [​IMG]

:)

Pathfinder, Sep 16, 2017

2. Icon images slowly disappearing

I cleared the thumbnail cache using disk cleanup and the icon images are still missing. What next?

RandyKesselring, Sep 16, 2017
  3. KuleDewd Win User
    Items not showing in taskbar in Windows 10

I have found an easier solution. It might because that either there is not enough space on the hard drive, or the icons failed to load properly. Disk Cleanup works the best for me, and it should for you too

To open disk cleanup, first, open This PC.

Then, highlight your system's hard drive (Cdisk cleanup icon missing on C :)

Click on the Manage tab and click on Disk Cleanup

Make sure that you press Clean Up System Files when Disk Cleanup is done scanning. You'll need admin priviledges.

Hope that helps!

KD

KuleDewd, Sep 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

disk cleanup icon missing on C

dalchina, Sep 16, 2017
  5. thx a lot. its fixed now. cheers!

Pathfinder, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

disk cleanup icon missing on C

1. disk cleanup icon missing on C - Similar Threads - disk cleanup icon

2. Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup: I was having an issue with images loading a bit slowly in my folders and one of the suggestions was to do a disk cleanup and make sure the thumbnails box was checked.However, I have no thumbnails box. The last box is Temporary FilesThere is a previous thread with an answer...
  3. Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup: I was having an issue with images loading a bit slowly in my folders and one of the suggestions was to do a disk cleanup and make sure the thumbnails box was checked.However, I have no thumbnails box. The last box is Temporary FilesThere is a previous thread with an answer...
  4. Thumbnails option missing from disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update cleanup missing after cancelling in the middle of disk cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update cleanup missing after cancelling in the middle of disk cleanup: I'm using windows 10. After running disk cleanup, there was a windows update cleanup available. it showed that i could delete around 7 gb so i clicked to start deleting the file. but while it was running I regretted my decision and clicked to cancel it. after cancelling it, i...
  6. C: Drive disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C: Drive disk cleanup: I've always had much bigger drives than this computer gives me on C drive.... what do I need to do to clean/clear space? What it shows in the picture is apparently the default setting. Should I change it? BTW, my D drive is a terabyte. [img] [img] 154387
  7. Missing Windows Update Cleanup after cancelling Disk Cleanup

Missing Windows Update Cleanup after cancelling Disk Cleanup: I tried to be as concise as possible in the title but I will give as much info as I can here: I noticed my laptop was lagging a bit so I checked my disk space and noticed it was at about 11 GB. I decided to initiate Disk Cleanup via Setting-System-Storage-Free Up Space Now...
  8. Disk Cleanup

Disk Cleanup: Hello Forum, Recently made system upgrade to version 1803. (Auto update still disabled). Opened the MS update catalog and downloaded almost all update files for this version (x64), read a little about each one and worked for 3 days to install them. When finished I saw that...
  9. Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup

Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup: Just got another update today, still having this issue. I used to have "Windows Update Files" or something along those lines whenever I ran disk cleanup after an update, but now that doesn't appear in the list. How far back would "the last few builds" be? "the last...
  10. Options missing from Disk Cleanup

Options missing from Disk Cleanup: When I run disk cleanup I only get these 3. [img] I should have all these I think. Any ideas why not? They are still missing if I click on "Clean up system files" also. [img] As a guess I copied...