Windows 10: Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files

Discus and support Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All Temporary Internet files show data in the folder according to disk cleanup, so far ran ccleaner, then ran diskcleanup again a week later, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files

Hi All

Temporary Internet files show data in the folder according to disk cleanup, so far ran ccleaner, then ran diskcleanup again a week later, and seems like more data in that folder on my SSD, and i'm like what the heck, I cleared the temp folder manually, clear Appdata/local/temp on both Standard user and Admin account.

Any ideas how I get it fully clean without resorting to a system reset
    Still using Avast Antivirus on this Desktop, not sure if that matters any or not

Last week showed 460mb, now up to 587mb, just keeps growing and growing and growing

:)

AMDMan2016, Dec 20, 2017

2. How to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files?

Original title: Disk Cleanup

When I run Disk Cleanup The Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files do not delete.

Is there a solution to this?

Wes

WesPleshko, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Disk Cleanup in windows 10 , after anniversary edition , including the creation edition .

Are you saying that using Edge or Firefox you have no problem going to Disk Cleanup and deleting Temporary Internet Files ? You have to double check - run Disk Cleanup and delete the files , then run Disk Cleanup again and I'll bet the Temporary Internet
    Files are still there and still padlocked .

elwood h.stone jr., Dec 20, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files

Thats all normal if you goto system then storage turn on storage sense windows will take care of it for you but you will always have some temp files thatsthe way windows works the setting will keep it at acpetable levels. Most browsers you can also set limits how much they cache which will produce temp files but may slowyour browsers down if you set level to low some have setings to clear on close

Samuria, Dec 20, 2017
  5. Oh ok, just seemed like it wasn't clearing, but maybe I never looked that closely in the past at this issue, Thank you so much for replying though, Storage sense is on

AMDMan2016, Dec 20, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    The bit I've put in bold seems to be your problem @AMDMan2016. Disk Clean up seems to have a bug that makes it miscalculate and say there are temporary internet files left when in fact there are none. This error gets larger with time. There is a workaround to reset Disk Clean up's calculations to zero, but it will slowly accumulate more 'phantom' files (mine shows 75MB at the moment). I've given up bothering to reset it, they don't seem to be really there else CCleaner would be able to find and remove them. To set it back to zero, see this thread.

Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files

1. Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup issue

2. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  3. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  4. Disk Cleanup showing no amount of temporary files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Cleanup showing no amount of temporary files?: I recently reverted the temporary file location from a secondary drive back onto my main drive. Issue is, windows 10 storage settings and Disk Cleanup isn’t showing me any amount of temporary files anymore.. Does it only show after a set amount of days? I downloaded...
  5. unlock temporary files in disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unlock temporary files in disk cleanup: I have tried everything in about 30 pages of help and I cannot unlock the file to delete it. Thanks in advance charlie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-temporary-files-in-disk-cleanup/8a176a71-939f-4cb6-8926-ed3edf35d2fa"
  6. issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803: Hi Microsoft: I reinstalled my Windows because previously, when I go to disk cleanup to cleanup files, I noticed that the temporary files will not cleanup. I tried it in the new user account by the same issue. It didn't happen in 1703 or 1709. It happened before in the...
  7. Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup: Hi all. I have had 175mb of Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup for what seems like a few months now which will not seem to go following the routine disk cleanup action. I waited until the next major CU came and went which happened last night but it still says 175mb of...
  8. Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files

Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files: Disk Cleanup is showing 2.92GB temporary Internet files that I cannot even find. [img] When I click on View files I am taken here: [img] One 0KB file and a folder. The folder contents are: [img] I am having a hard time understanding why 281KB of files...
  9. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files: Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after several trials and restarts. This happens on my PC, and also on 1 laptop. However on another laptop I have, the temporary...
  10. Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files

Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files: did alittle more digging... in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Temporar y Files what does the defualt key to? the original is 0B2C35D2-C8BC-4470-BFC0-D6BB1235E5CE i changed it to...