Windows 10: Disk cleanup not starting

Discus and support Disk cleanup not starting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all I have windows 10 pro x64 and whenever I try to run disk cleanup, it asks me which drive to clean, then no matter what drive i select after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Smodtactical, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Disk cleanup not starting

Hello all I have windows 10 pro x64 and whenever I try to run disk cleanup, it asks me which drive to clean, then no matter what drive i select after I press ok, it doesn't start up. Any idea why this is happening? I tried restarting. Thanks.

Specs:
    16 gb kingston DDR3
    Intel core i7 4770k
    GTX 670 SLI
    Asus 1150 socket hero motherboard
    Samsung 840 SSD 256 gb
    WD 2 tb black hdd
    WD 4 tb black hdd

:)

Smodtactical, Oct 2, 2015
  2. worthywow Win User

Windows 10 Disk Cleanup Dialog Not Starting

Apologies - not sure I can reproduce the procmon error entries since I've fixed it. Are procmon entries stored anywhere I can retrieve them ?

Richard

worthywow, Oct 2, 2015
  3. worthywow Win User
    Windows 10 Disk Cleanup Dialog Not Starting

Hi !

I've got windows 10 - when I right click properties on the C: drive and click the "Disk Clean-up" button the dialog does not start - I don't get an error message.

I've run sfc and dism as Administrator and all was ok.

I've tried running it directly from a cmd window (cleanmgr.exe) - the initial dialog to choose the drive pops up (and I can see the process in task manager) but after I click 'ok' nothing happens and the process ends.

Any ideas what's causing this and how to fix it ?

Cheers,

Richard

PS I can run ccleaner as a fallback but want to fix the problem

worthywow, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

Disk cleanup not starting

1. Disk cleanup not starting - Similar Threads - Disk cleanup starting

2. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup: Why does the Disk Cleanup still exist on Windows 10/Server 2022/11? Like no one uses it.sorry for selecting something differewnt on the sub-topics, it did not giive me the disk cleanup....
  3. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup: Why does the Disk Cleanup still exist on Windows 10/Server 2022/11? Like no one uses it.sorry for selecting something differewnt on the sub-topics, it did not giive me the disk cleanup....
  4. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup: why won't Disk Cleanup delete the 3.2gb of temp files. when I try using the remove files in settings, they are shown as deleted but if I renter settings they reapear. why is that?...
  5. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Cleanup: Is it safe to delete the ff using disk cleanup: 1. Windows Update Cleanup 2. Delivery Optimization files 3. DirectX Shader Cache 4. Device driver package And I also notice in More options: 1. System restore and Shadow copies If yes, can you please explain it briefly...
  6. Disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk cleanup: Hi so I did my first disk clean up I think it’s called and in that included a downloads as well as other stuff. Could I have deleted something important or is it junk? submitted by /u/Mondo_dook65 [link] [comments]...
  7. disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disk cleanup: disk cleanup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup/4e0cc450-a69e-4f33-b684-2e2901f62732
  8. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Cleanup: [ATTACH] is it common for disk cleanup to affect the computers performance last time i used it made me make a whole clean installation of windows 10 since it became very laggy i wonder if this new option will do me any better since i have 7gb of files that needs to be...
  9. DISK CLEANUP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DISK CLEANUP: Everytime I try to do Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 it always stalls when it hits "Windows Defender AntiVirus" I can never get it to complete what gives? HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup/a55ceefb-b2ff-4ef5-9107-07ff4e2a91bc"
  10. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup: Hello Forum, Recently made system upgrade to version 1803. (Auto update still disabled). Opened the MS update catalog and downloaded almost all update files for this version (x64), read a little about each one and worked for 3 days to install them. When finished I saw that...