Windows 10: Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files

Discus and support Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Disk Cleanup is showing 2.92GB temporary Internet files that I cannot even find. [img] When I click on View files I am taken here: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tracit99, Jul 10, 2017.

1. tracit99 Win User

Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files

Disk Cleanup is showing 2.92GB temporary Internet files that I cannot even find.

Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files [​IMG]

When I click on View files I am taken here:

One 0KB file and a folder. The folder contents are:

I am having a hard time understanding why 281KB of files found is showing in Disk Cleanup as 2.92GB. Can someone help me understand what is happening here?

:)

tracit99, Jul 10, 2017

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

As I said Disk Cleanup lists Temporary Internet Files only for Internet Explorer, not the one used by Edge.

IE> Tools > Options > Delete. Enable the check box for "Temporary Internet Files and website files", and click Delete.

Are you saying that you completely cleared the Temporary Internet Files cache from Internet Explorer - Options, and still Disk Cleanup is showing up 1 GB for Temporary Internet Files?

Can you post a screenshot?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 10, 2017
  3. How to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files?

Original title: Disk Cleanup

When I run Disk Cleanup The Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files do not delete.

Is there a solution to this?

Wes

WesPleshko, Jul 10, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

From the time stamp on the files and folder, they appear corresponds to today's CumUpdate. Did you enable 'show hidden files' in View ?

mrgeek, Jul 11, 2017
  5. tracit99 Win User
    Yes show hidden files is enabled.

tracit99, Jul 11, 2017
  6. Guest5 Win User
    Guest5, May 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup showing

2. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  3. Temporary windows installation files option not showing on Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary windows installation files option not showing on Disk Cleanup: I want to delete $Windows.~BT folder, but Temporary windows installation files option not found.[IMG] and next i try to delete by normally delete this folder but one message showing " image2 "[ATTACH] Now, i can't anyway to delete this folder, anyone come to help me this...
  4. Disk Cleanup showing no amount of temporary files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Cleanup showing no amount of temporary files?: I recently reverted the temporary file location from a secondary drive back onto my main drive. Issue is, windows 10 storage settings and Disk Cleanup isn’t showing me any amount of temporary files anymore.. Does it only show after a set amount of days? I downloaded...
  5. unlock temporary files in disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unlock temporary files in disk cleanup: I have tried everything in about 30 pages of help and I cannot unlock the file to delete it. Thanks in advance charlie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-temporary-files-in-disk-cleanup/8a176a71-939f-4cb6-8926-ed3edf35d2fa"
  6. issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803: Hi Microsoft: I reinstalled my Windows because previously, when I go to disk cleanup to cleanup files, I noticed that the temporary files will not cleanup. I tried it in the new user account by the same issue. It didn't happen in 1703 or 1709. It happened before in the...
  7. Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files: Hi All Temporary Internet files show data in the folder according to disk cleanup, so far ran ccleaner, then ran diskcleanup again a week later, and seems like more data in that folder on my SSD, and i'm like what the heck, I cleared the temp folder manually, clear...
  8. Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup

Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup: Hi all. I have had 175mb of Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup for what seems like a few months now which will not seem to go following the routine disk cleanup action. I waited until the next major CU came and went which happened last night but it still says 175mb of...
  9. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files: Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after several trials and restarts. This happens on my PC, and also on 1 laptop. However on another laptop I have, the temporary...
  10. Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files

Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files: did alittle more digging... in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Temporar y Files what does the defualt key to? the original is 0B2C35D2-C8BC-4470-BFC0-D6BB1235E5CE i changed it to...