Windows 10: Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar

Discus and support Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My taskbar has suddenly lost all the hard drive icons that normally appear in the "My PC" section. I have the Start icon on the left, my application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m800afc, May 15, 2017.

1. m800afc Win User

Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar

My taskbar has suddenly lost all the hard drive icons that normally appear in the "My PC" section. I have the Start icon on the left, my application icons and the clock. Missing are "My PC" and the Notification tray. How do I get my taskbar back to normal? No amount of fiddling with the "Settings" options make a scrap of difference. Neither does restarting.

Thanks for reading.

:)

m800afc, May 15, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to I add Safely Eject USB icon to task bar for Windows 10?

Hi John,

Insert a USB Flash Drive

Right click an empty part of your Taskbar and choose Taskbar Settings

Scroll to the bottom of that page and click 'Select which icons appear in the Taskbar'

Turn on 'Windows Explorer - Safely Remove . .. '

Please Note this icon will not appear when a USB drive is not plugged in, either on the Taskbar or in the settings app

DaveM121, May 15, 2017
  3. Notification Icons Not Appearing on Taskbar (Win10)

Hello Bryan,

Thank you replying and updating the status of the issue.

We are glad to know that your issue is resolved.

If you have any other queries related to Windows products, feel free to reply and I'll be happy to further assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 15, 2017
Thema:

Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar

1. Disk drive icons not appearing on taskbar - Similar Threads - Disk drive icons

2. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  3. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  4. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New icon appears on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    New icon appears on Taskbar?: After the latest Windows Updates a new icon has appeared on my Taskbar as shown below; How to delete this new icon from the Taskbar? 178659
  6. Strange icon appeared in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange icon appeared in taskbar: A strange item has appeared in my taskbar. When I click on it, it does nothing. It always has the line underneath which appears when a program is open. When I right-click it, the only option is close window. When I choose that nothing happens. Any clue what it may be? Thanks!...
  7. Network Icon not appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon not appearing in taskbar: Hi, I've been having issues with my network icon not appearing in the taskbar of my PC. I've gone through several online articles looking for assistance. For example, I went to Settings> System> Notifications and Actions> Turn System Icons on and off. But when I go there,...
  8. Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar: Sometimes when I restart my PC the volume button doesn't show up in the Task-bar. Some days its there and its fine but other days I cant seem to locate it and going in and manually disabling it and re-enabling it does nothing. The pictures below show my task-bar without an...
  9. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...
  10. No program icons on taskbar appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No program icons on taskbar appearing: So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open and the only thing on the taskbar are the start button, cortana search bar and the task view button. Any ideas why this is...