Windows 10: Disk keeps running out of space even though I still have 2 GB left. Issue resolves after...

Discus and support Disk keeps running out of space even though I still have 2 GB left. Issue resolves after... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HP laptop running Windows 11 w/ a 500 GB solid state drive keeps running out of space, even though I still have ~2 GB of space left. If I restart it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jgk381, Dec 1, 2023.

1. jgk381 Win User

Disk keeps running out of space even though I still have 2 GB left. Issue resolves after...

HP laptop running Windows 11 w/ a 500 GB solid state drive keeps running out of space, even though I still have ~2 GB of space left. If I restart it, the 2 GB of space is available again and the problem seems solved, but then after a little while I get the same issue again and my drive will say I only have ~100-200 MB space left sometimes it even says 0 MB left. Then I restart again and it goes back to 2 GB but eventually runs out again even though I'm not saving anything new to the drive.At first I could use it all day before the issue arose, but now it's happening within like 5-10 minutes

:)

jgk381, Dec 1, 2023

2. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Missing over 600 GB of free unused disk space!

I have an HP 250 G2 Notebook. When installing Windows 7 the setup menu showed me a list of disks and partitions and asked, "Where do you want to install Windows?" There was a 'Disk 0' with 298 GB of space and a 'Disk 1' with over 600 GB of space. I thought
    I was deleting a partition and selected 'Disk 1' and clicked the 'Delete' button in the menu below the list of storage space drives. I thought this would result in seeing one drive with about 931 GB of space (as listed in the product specifications on the
    HP website). Instead the 'Disk 1' and its space COMPLETELY disappeared. I cannot get that 600 GB of space to appear again. When viewing drives in the Windows Explorer it only shows 298 GB of space. When going to the disk manager, it only shows 298 GB of space.
    I tried re-formatting the machine and reinstalling Windows. Still only shows 298 GB of space. I tried using the command prompt as an administrator and running "chkdsk". Still only shows 298 GB of space. I tried using "diskpart" still only shows 298GB of space.
    I installed several "expert" applications that are designed to view partitions and recover disk space. Still only shows 298 GB of space. Beginning to loose hope. How did I loose 2/3 of my disk space and how do I get it back?

Fire Beaver, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Disk keeps running out of space even though I still have 2 GB left. Issue resolves after...

Tablet and disk space issues

I have similar issue. I got Windows 10 loaded but all my disk space is gone. Out of 32 GB I only now have 1.3 GB left. I'm running an HP Slate 8 Pro.

Thanks.

ChrisPallotta, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Disk keeps running out of space even though I still have 2 GB left. Issue resolves after...

1. Disk keeps running out of space even though I still have 2 GB left. Issue resolves after... - Similar Threads - Disk keeps running

2. Disk keeps running out of space even though I still have 2 GB left. Issue resolves after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk keeps running out of space even though I still have 2 GB left. Issue resolves after...: HP laptop running Windows 11 w/ a 500 GB solid state drive keeps running out of space, even though I still have ~2 GB of space left. If I restart it, the 2 GB of space is available again and the problem seems solved, but then after a little while I get the same issue again...
  3. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space: Hi all,I am currently trying to install games from steam, but I'm encountering an error message indicating that I don't have sufficient disk space.However, I have approximately 600 GB on disk G and 1.2 TB on disk M.I am perplexed as to why I am unable to install a 75GB game...
  4. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space: Hi all,I am currently trying to install games from steam, but I'm encountering an error message indicating that I don't have sufficient disk space.However, I have approximately 600 GB on disk G and 1.2 TB on disk M.I am perplexed as to why I am unable to install a 75GB game...
  5. Running out of 256 GB SSD Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running out of 256 GB SSD Space: Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorHP Omen 25L Desktop GT12-0xxxAMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz, 16.0 GB RAMWestern Digital 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD with 44.3 GB Free I want to clone or make a duplicate copy of everything...
  6. Extended volume grayed out, even though I have free space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extended volume grayed out, even though I have free space: Here's a screenshot of the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extended-volume-grayed-out-even-though-i-have-free/1d820c5e-461b-4c89-b10d-2decf42ece52
  7. it says i have run out of space but i still have 900 gb on my data D: is there a way to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    it says i have run out of space but i still have 900 gb on my data D: is there a way to...: it gets very annoying when i am recording videos or downloading something and it says i dont have space please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-says-i-have-run-out-of-space-but-i-still-have/53d26ab2-962b-4dd7-a086-84b1fa42031f
  8. MsMpEng.exe is still running even though I have other antivirus installed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe is still running even though I have other antivirus installed: Antimalware service executable was using up as much as %50 of my cpu so I decided to try installing Malwarebytes. I did that, and when I go to windows security setting it says the Malwarebytes is on and windows defender is disabled, and yet when I boot my computer Antimalware...
  9. Running out of space on 111 Gb Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running out of space on 111 Gb Drive: Hello, I am running Windows 10 1809 Pro N and it just updated yesterday. It then came up with a 1903 upgrade installation option. I have about 10 Gb left on my 111 Gb SSD C: drive. I've deleted files, used the Device Health and Performance as it had indicated that I was...
  10. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have 450GB of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have 450GB of space: Hi All, I am currently trying to install the newly released Horizon 4 game from the Microsoft Store, however I keep getting an error suggesting I do not have enough disk space. I have a completely empty SSD 250GB and about 200GB on my HDD. I have set the download...