Windows 10: Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk

Discus and support Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, A friend of mine bought a 3TB Seagate SATA drive off eBay about a week ago. He has been having trouble with it since. He said at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArazelEternal, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine bought a 3TB Seagate SATA drive off eBay about a week ago. He has been having trouble with it since. He said at first the disk showed up in disk management but after a while stopped showing up all together. It wont show up in the BIOS, device manager, etc. His brother took it to the IT faculty at school and they said that it was marked as a server/RAID drive but didnt know how to change this or reset it.

Should this effect whether the disk is seen by the BIOS/Disk Management?
    Is there any way to fix this or is this disk shot?

He contacted the seller on eBay and has yet to hear back.

:)

ArazelEternal, Feb 10, 2016

2. Win 10 & Western Digital external drives

Does the BIOS see the disks?

Does the Disk Manager see the disks and partitions? (diskmgmt.msc)

Frederik Long, Feb 10, 2016
  3. Unable to open Device Manager, Disk Management, Paint, etc. MFC42u.dll error

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you are trying to open the applications?
    It would also help by sending us a screenshot when you are trying to open the said applications.

In the meantime, kindly perform a clean boot and check if the issue persists. If performing a clean
    bootresolves your concern, it means that a third party software is causing the issue. We suggest that you uninstall or disable them. The steps on how to perform a clean boot are
    provided on this link.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk

1. Disk Manager, Device Manager, BIOS unable to see Disk - Similar Threads - Disk Manager Device

2. SSD shown in Device Manager & BIOS but not Disk Managament?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD shown in Device Manager & BIOS but not Disk Managament?: So, I own a:- GP73 Leopard 8RFAnd I just got my new SSD: -Kingston Fury Renegade PCIe 4.0 NVMe m.2 KINGSTON SFYRD2000GLong story short: My D: has given up and I decided to get a random high-storage device and for about 6 hours I've tried everything I've seen on google about...
  3. SSD shown in Device Manager & BIOS but not Disk Managament?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD shown in Device Manager & BIOS but not Disk Managament?: So, I own a:- GP73 Leopard 8RFAnd I just got my new SSD: -Kingston Fury Renegade PCIe 4.0 NVMe m.2 KINGSTON SFYRD2000GLong story short: My D: has given up and I decided to get a random high-storage device and for about 6 hours I've tried everything I've seen on google about...
  4. HDD not detected in bios or disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not detected in bios or disk management: Hi, I have recently built a computer. Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI 1660 super. I have 2 things of storage. 1 M.2 ssd which is 1 tb. and a 4tb Wd Blue. The 1tb is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my WD blue. If you can provide me...
  5. Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager

Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager: Hi all, and thanks in advance for your help! I installed a new additional hard drive into my computer. I used the right sata drive and plugged in the power. The BIOS shows it under disk drives. Device manager shows it listed, but not named. When I go to the disk manager to...
  6. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...
  7. Disk Management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Management: I open Disk Management and I receive the message: "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service" how do I fix this problem? The machine is a Dell Desktop XPS-8700 Windows 10 Pro Version:1803 OS Build 17134.228 Installed on 05/05/2018...
  8. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  9. disk not initialized in Disk Management. Device Not Ready.

disk not initialized in Disk Management. Device Not Ready.: I have a internal 3.5" HDD WD Black 2 TB and try to hook it up in the PC but it doesnt not appear anymore in My Computer. It was working few weeks ago. When opening Disk Management it says the disk is not initialized and it didnt state how many GB available on the hard disk...
  10. BIOS sees new HDD but Windows Device and Disk manager do not

BIOS sees new HDD but Windows Device and Disk manager do not: I just bought a used, rebuilt i7-3770 computer with Toshiba 1TB HD (SATA0), 16GB memory and Windows 10 Pro in a HP 8300 Elite case, with HP motehrboard. I bought a 500 gb Samsung SDD. I installed it on SATA1 and BIOS showed it. Then I tried to clone to it and both clone...