Windows 10: Disk space problem, do I extend partition?

Discus and support Disk space problem, do I extend partition? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, not sure why I keep getting the error message on my new laptop that space is running out. Please see below and advise if possible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gecksy, Jul 19, 2018.

1. gecksy Win User

Disk space problem, do I extend partition?

Hi everyone, not sure why I keep getting the error message on my new laptop that space is running out.

Please see below and advise if possible.

Thanks

Disk space problem, do I extend partition? [​IMG]

:)

gecksy, Jul 19, 2018

2. Extending partitions

For some reason there's a 5gb unallocated space on my Velociraptor and I can't seem to extend it on the primary partition. And I thought disk management was a phail.

spearman914, Jul 19, 2018
  3. How to extend C partition

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please to inform you that you need to have an “unallocated disk space” to the right of the Partition\Volume you wish to extend on the same drive. Only when “unallocated disk space” is available “extend” option is highlighted.

I suggest you to try these steps and check if they helps.

Step1: Press Windows + R and Diskmgmt.msc and try the following

a. Right click the basic volume want to extend.

b. Click extend volume.

c. Follow the instruction on the screen.

Step2: Open a command prompt and type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list volume. Make note of the basic volume you want to extend.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select volume <volumenumber>. This selects the basic volume volumenumber that you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type extend [size=<size>]. This extends the selected volume by size megabytes (MB).

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Jul 19, 2018
  4. UserTen Win User

Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

Okay...thanks. Will look at it tomorrow. FYI, I figured out how to get that unformatted G partition back into D.

In Disk Management, I right clicked G and selected "Delete Volume." That rendered the partition as unallocated. I was then able to extend D with that space.

Thanks again for all of the help!

Disk space problem, do I extend partition? [​IMG]

UserTen, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk space problem, do I extend partition? - Similar Threads - Disk space problem

2. Disk space partition problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk space partition problem: I am getting warnings of low disk space and when I look in settings I have Disk 0 and Disk 1, with D-1 being nearly full and D-0 with 931 gigs of space and zero of it allocated. I have no idea how that happened but how do I handle this issue?...
  3. Disk space partition problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk space partition problem: I am getting warnings of low disk space and when I look in settings I have Disk 0 and Disk 1, with D-1 being nearly full and D-0 with 931 gigs of space and zero of it allocated. I have no idea how that happened but how do I handle this issue?...
  4. Extend disk space not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extend disk space not working: Recovery drive D: is short of space. I created unallocated drive space using disk management to move space from C: which has plenty. However , right clicking on D: or unallcated space in the disk management pop up just brings up 'help' not a command to expand space etc. So...
  5. Extending Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending Disk Partition: I have reinstalled my Windows on my system switching back from ubuntu. After installing the windows on my PC the Hard disk SSD have partitioned in a weird manner. I have a got a 4.47 GB space at the start of the disk and the EFI partition and then the local disk partition of...
  6. Extend partition that is next to unallocated space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extend partition that is next to unallocated space: So I have a 250 GB D: drive 50 GB E: drive and I want to extend the E: drive. Problem is when I shrink the D: drive I cannot extend the E: drive since it comes after the unallocated space. The only way I see this possible is to make a partition F: copy all data from E: to F:...
  7. Extend Disk partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extend Disk partition: Hi i want to extend disk my c drive with a free 48 gb space. but i cannot do that. The extend option is greyed out and i cannot also delete the free disk space. pictures of it are bellow. Please help me increase the disk space. Thank you.[ATTACH]...
  8. Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems: I fear my lack of knowledge might be creating a problem. Trying to help a friend with his W10 system. Disk 1 had partitions C: (System, boot,Page,...), and D: Instead of moving some data to D: he wanted the space D: occupied to be merged into C: I had him first verify...
  9. Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems: I fear my lack of knowledge might be creating a problem. Trying to help a friend with his W10 system. Disk 1 had partitions C: (System, boot,Page,...), and D: Instead of moving some data to D: he wanted the space D: occupied to be merged into C: I had him first verify...
  10. Extending disk space in drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extending disk space in drive c: I want to extend my disk space in c but in the disk management I have a healthy oem partition in between which I can't delete or is it ok to delete this partition? So how to increase the disk space in c? here is the screenshot of the allocated disk space: [ATTACH]...