Windows 10: Disk spaces for select drives are not displayed under this pc (tiles)

Discus and support Disk spaces for select drives are not displayed under this pc (tiles) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Disk spaces are not properly displayed under my computer/this pc. Disk spaces for 2/5 drives are not properly displayed under view: tiles. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AimWorks, Nov 21, 2017.

1. AimWorks Win User

Disk spaces for select drives are not displayed under this pc (tiles)

Disk spaces are not properly displayed under my computer/this pc.

Disk spaces for 2/5 drives are not properly displayed under view: tiles.

Disk spaces for select drives are not displayed under this pc (tiles) [​IMG]

Under view: details. Disk spaces are displayed for all 5 drives.

Windows 10 Professional.
    Version: 1709
    OS build: 16299.64

Thanks for your help!
    Let me know if I can provide any more additional information/logs.

:)

AimWorks, Nov 21, 2017

2. the free space amount not showing for my external hard disks after the fall update in my pc folder

Is it showing for other local disks?

I plugged in a thumb drive and an external drive and I see it here. Under View tab, is Tiles selected in the Layout group?

Andre Da Costa, Nov 21, 2017
  3. Windows 10 home - add second drive (1 tbyte seagate SATA).

I installed a new 1 tbyte seagate sata drive in my PC. The bios recognizes the drive. When I launch the disk manager the new drive is not there though it does show up under device manager. I attempted to select and partition the drive under command
    line (as administrator), but the new drive does not show up, nor under storage spaces. Is this a limitation of windows 10 home? The PC is an HP p6-2128

bigbirdwpg, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

The names of those two drive are too long to fit in the space available. Up to 1703 the behaviour was to truncate long names, this changed in 1709 to wrap the name onto a second line. Unfortunately this pushes everything down one line. The bar indicator is now on the line where the disk space would have been and the disk space has been pushed off the bottom. *Sad

Also, note that there is a whitespace to the left of each drive icon now (apparently new for 1709, to leave space for some sort of 'Onedrive sync' icon). This has reduced the space available for the drive name.

Bar giving those drives shorter names, there seems little you can do about this. See this similar thread...

File Explorer Missing Disk Space Readout From Drives With Long Names

5. AimWorks Win User
    Ohhhh I get it now.

*Bangheadhnnggggg

Thank you!
    Solved *Smile

AimWorks, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk spaces for select drives are not displayed under this pc (tiles) - Similar Threads - Disk spaces select

2. Disk space on PC is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk space on PC is wrong: I have a laptop with 221 GB free space, however when i check disk space I only have 48.6 GB left despite barely having ANY apps installed on my computer.The ones I do have are NOT taking up that large amount of space either.I have always struggled with this and it is...
  3. Disk space on PC is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk space on PC is wrong: I have a laptop with 221 GB free space, however when i check disk space I only have 48.6 GB left despite barely having ANY apps installed on my computer.The ones I do have are NOT taking up that large amount of space either.I have always struggled with this and it is...
  4. Disk space on PC is wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to select drive under Storage and GamePass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to select drive under Storage and GamePass: Unusual one! I have a 4TB internal HDD which is working and used by all my apps apart from Xbox GamePass (on PC). It doesn't show up as an option to install to. I have tried to change this under System>Storage>Change where Apps are installed but it's not showing up there...
  6. Disk cleaning selection to free up space.

Disk cleaning selection to free up space.: Hello I need free space on my disk C: because now I only have 27 GB of free space. I would like to know if it is recommended to select "compress the operating system drive" in disk cleanup to free up space. Thanks in advance...
  7. Disk cleanup selection in order to free space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk cleanup selection in order to free space: Hi I need to free space on my C: drive because right now I have only 27 GB of free space. I would like to know : 1) Do you recommend to select "compress your OS drive" in the Disk Cleanup in order to free space, and what are the consequences of doing that? 2) Is it safe...
  8. Extending disk space in drive c

Extending disk space in drive c: I want to extend my disk space in c but in the disk management I have a healthy oem partition in between which I can't delete or is it ok to delete this partition? So how to increase the disk space in c? here is the screenshot of the allocated disk space: [ATTACH]...
  9. Folder Properties in Explorer under-reporting disk space

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Properties in Explorer under-reporting disk space: Hi all The major update to Windows 10 was rolled out to my PC several days ago. Except for the issue I am reporting in this post, everything looks fine and the new and updated features all look good! However since the update the space usage being reported when I select the...
  10. Displaying the disk free space with Diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displaying the disk free space with Diskpart: Hi Starting the command prompt from the Windows 10 v1703 DVD, how do I display the disk free space to create other partitions using Diskpart utility? Thanks Bye 83257