Windows 10: Disk Spikes to 100%

Discus and support Disk Spikes to 100% in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! since not too long, it takes 5 minutes to my pc's disk to go back to low percents. It takes around 5 minutes when I start the PC to go back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yutyo6, Dec 31, 2015.

1. yutyo6 Win User

Disk Spikes to 100%

Hi!

since not too long, it takes 5 minutes to my pc's disk to go back to low percents. It takes around 5 minutes when I start the PC to go back low and sometimes it spikes back up to 100%.

The program i see the most going up is System and Compressed memory. I disable supertech and ''windows search'' each time I start my pc, I turned of all the notifications options except for app notification and I turned off the cloud-based protection but it still happens.

What can I do ?

thanks

:)

yutyo6, Dec 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 disk keeps spiking to 100%

Hi,

My disk keeps spiking to 100% since I upgraded to Windows 10. I upgraded in September and the problem started with little infrequent spikes where the disk would stay at 100% for a few seconds. However since September the problem has got progressively worse
    and now the disk usage frequently reaches 100% and it stays at 100% for about 5 minutes.

I've tried various solutions on the internet to 100% disk but none of them have worked.

RyanMounce, Dec 31, 2015
  3. TimSir Win User
    Disk 100% since Anniversary Update

My workaround is simply about the windows update service, witch in my case is the cause of the 100% disk use spikes.

TimSir, Dec 31, 2015
Thema:

Disk Spikes to 100%

1. Disk Spikes to 100% - Similar Threads - Disk Spikes 100%

2. Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes: The issue started immediately after upgrading to windows 11. Disk usage will spike from <5 percent to 100 and then all applications will freeze. The computer continues to run until something needs data from the disk and then it will crash. After crashing, automatically...
  3. Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage spikes to 100 percent then crashes: The issue started immediately after upgrading to windows 11. Disk usage will spike from <5 percent to 100 and then all applications will freeze. The computer continues to run until something needs data from the disk and then it will crash. After crashing, automatically...
  4. 100 Percent disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 Percent disk usage spikes: Hello. My computer is slow and sluggish and the disk usage keeps spiking to 100 percent when I do anything. I have researched a lot and none of the solutions work for me I have had this problem in windows 10 too and thought the update to 11 would fix it but it did not. It...
  5. 100 Percent disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 Percent disk usage spikes: Hello. My computer is slow and sluggish and the disk usage keeps spiking to 100 percent when I do anything. I have researched a lot and none of the solutions work for me I have had this problem in windows 10 too and thought the update to 11 would fix it but it did not. It...
  6. Disk usage randomly and periodically spikes to 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk usage randomly and periodically spikes to 100%: Brand new CPU, motherboard and RAM, fresh OS install, complete format I even cleaned my disks with console command during this window when installing Windows where you have to choose drive to install OS on. Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 - not overclocked,...
  7. Disk usage spikes to 100% and then crashes in csgo

Disk usage spikes to 100% and then crashes in csgo: Specs: 8700k delidded but no overclock Stock 1080 ti areo 32gb gskill ddr4 Gigabyte Z370 auros gaming 5 1tb Samsung 860 evo NVME ssd EKWB fluid gaming full custom loop cpu+gpu Windows 10 What's happening: I've been using my pc for a while and it is normally very...
  8. 100 disk usage spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 disk usage spikes: So I've these problems with disk usage rising to 100% for 5-20 seconds every few minutes or so. Mind you this hard drive has run Windows 10 since February 2018 and I started having this problem in July 2019, so for almost two years Windows 10 has been smooth as butter. I can...
  9. Disk Usage Spikes to 100%

Disk Usage Spikes to 100%: Hi, I have an ASUS Laptop here with the following specs: Intel Optane 1TB HDD Intel Core i5 8300H at 2.7Ghz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home running Version 1909 OS Build 18363.592 I have reinstalled windows from a USB after backing up my files off the...
  10. Disk Usage randomly started spiking to 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Usage randomly started spiking to 100%: Hi guys! Really searching for a solution as I’ve tried a lot of things. I’ve had my gaming rig for years and never experienced any problems. This week however, the disk issue started. Every time I load up any game, my disk usage goes to 100% for approximately 30-45 seconds...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disk spikes to 100%

2. disk space spikes to 100