Windows 10: disk structure is corrupt and unreadable

Discus and support disk structure is corrupt and unreadable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So it was working fine and then it got slow when putting things on it and then blah it wont let me open it. if i managed to get the attachment thingy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Whatzooka, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Whatzooka Win User

disk structure is corrupt and unreadable

So it was working fine and then it got slow when putting things on it and then blah it wont let me open it. if i managed to get the attachment thingy right you the drive f: which is giving me the problems i tried to circle it in paint.

:)

Whatzooka, Oct 11, 2015
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 11, 2015
  4. Whatzooka Win User

i have alot of important files on it and would like to keep them

Whatzooka, Oct 11, 2015
  5. davexnet Win User
    This can happen when the MBR is damaged. What kind of drive is it? SATA internal, SSD, external USB, etc,etc.

Try this free program, there should be a "check partition" function. It may help with a repair,
    or at least give you some more information. Of course it goes with out saying, DO NOT format the disk.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS Partition Master Free

davexnet, Oct 11, 2015
  6. Whatzooka Win User
    its a dell external hard drive 2tb it plugs into my usb slot thingy and when i click on the drive it dosnt give the option to check partition.

Whatzooka, Oct 11, 2015
  7. davexnet Win User
    See this image. You can see the highlighted partition and the "check partition" option on the left.

If you don't see a partition to select, this may not work for you. I do not have a drive in this state so I'm unable
    to look any further. You may need to follow the steps in this thread, which uses a Linux live system.
    Solved Raw formatted my external - Windows 10 Forums
    This method involves copy the data off to a different disk, reformatting the problem drive, and copying the data back.

disk structure is corrupt and unreadable [​IMG]

davexnet, Oct 11, 2015
  8. Whatzooka Win User

I cant find it and ima clicking on that part

Whatzooka, Oct 11, 2015
  9. davexnet Win User
    davexnet, Oct 11, 2015
  10. davexnet Win User
    Oh, the program is looking for unallocated space, while yours in unformatted. I thought they were similar enough.

I'm not sure what else to suggest. The safest thing is to use a Linux live system to copy your data out.
    See the link above. I'm surprised that the Partition Master program cannot handle this. Perhaps it is worth contacting Easeus to see what they say about the problem.

There is a program suite called Testdisk which runs in a CMD window. It's a little complicated and will require
    some reading. The authors have provided a detailed example. to show how it works. I was able to use it
    recently to fix a partition that had an error, it was RAW when it should have been NTFS
    TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurity

Perhaps give this a try, see if testdisk_win.exe can identify your partition, and offer to fix it.
    Otherwise you may be forced into the Linux solution.

davexnet, Oct 12, 2015
  11. Whatzooka Win User
    unless i missed it the guide dosnt tell me what to do now

Whatzooka, Oct 12, 2015
  12. davexnet Win User
    I think you missed it. Select intel for partition. Also, I have emailed Easeus about your problem,
    I am wating to see if they advise anything in particular. When I get a response, I'll update this thread.

davexnet, Oct 13, 2015
  13. davexnet Win User

Unfortunately, I didn't get anything useful from Easeus. For safety purposes take a backup copy of the
    problem drives MBR (sector 0). This is a useful thing to have at this point. Download this program.
    http://dimiodati.altervista.org/hdhacker.zip

Open the program and set "drive to operate" to "physical drive MBR" set the drive number. . (This number can be found by running the Microsoft program msinfo32 from the RUN box)
    Go to components / storage / disk on the left and on the right find your usb drive. Within the specs of this drive
    you'll see something like
    Partition Disk#2, Partition #0

Set this number (2 in our example) in the hdhacker program and select "read sector from disk".
    Then in the section below, "save sector to file"

This will save the sector to a file (512 bytes) . Please keep it somewhere safe and, if you could, zip it up and post it here, I'd like to take a look.

davexnet, Oct 13, 2015
  14. Whatzooka Win User
    havin some problems with both the things you told me to do

Whatzooka, Oct 13, 2015
  15. davexnet Win User
    Are you sure disk 2 is the right number (as shown in msinfo32 ?) If it is, you may have some problems we're not going to be able
    to recover from . Perhaps you could shutdown the PC and disconnect the USB drive. Turn the PC back on
    leave the drive unplugged. See this article about non present devices and the device manager.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/315539

When the device manager is open expand "disk drives" and uninstall any occurrences of the USB drive.
    Similarly, in the USB section, uninstall any entries that are pale grey (non present).
    Reboot if necessary. When the system is ready plug back in the USB drive, wait for it to be recognized, and try the
    HDHacker program again.

davexnet, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

1. disk structure is corrupt and unreadable - Similar Threads - disk structure corrupt

2. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted and Unreadable Drive: Hello, I wanted to talk about my drive that has suddenly stopped working.My D drive has suddenly stopped and whenever I click it, it says its corrupted and unreadable.It was working just fine the day before and now it no longer works. I use an external drive, so I tried...
  3. The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. - Error: Windows Version: Windows 10, Dev (OS Build 21390.1010) On another computer - Windows Version: Windows 7, 6.1 (Compilation 7601: Service Pack 1) Hi guys! I've got a big problem with my school/private drive. Today morning I've tried to connect my drive to my laptop, and there...
  4. C: is corrupted and unreadable

C: is corrupted and unreadable: After starting my pc it showed disc checking has to happen and then it was scanning files. After this it said preparing automatic repairs and then it went in to diagnosing PC. So, after this I used command prompt in the troubleshoot window to check what is it with my drive...
  5. Need Help - Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable error windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help - Disk structure is corrupted and unreadable error windows 10: Need some help figuring out why the following is happening. I have a Vectotech 4 TB USC-C SSD that is connected to a USB-C port on my PC running windows 10. Multiple times now - after a reboot or other unknown issue - the drive becomes inaccessible with the above error...
  6. Corrupted and unreadable files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted and unreadable files: Why are all my Microsort word and excel files corrupted and unreadable. This is not the first time it's happened - just want to know why and how to rectify the issue....
  7. F:\ is not accessible . the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. CHKDSK problems

F:\ is not accessible . the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable. CHKDSK problems: lately a couple of my hard drives have been getting this error come up and I can just chkdsk F: /r /f or w/e but this on is a bit different it has error codes and some other stuff Im trying to save it without wiping it coz I messed up and didn't back up anything so any help...
  8. External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

External HDD shows "the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable": I have a 1T external USB HDD and i found that the disk is "RAW" , i am using windows 10 Pro 93581
  9. Windows 10 - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable

Windows 10 - The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable: Hi, last night my internal hard drive is working fine but today when I want to access my hard drive windows said: [img] then I tried to chkdsk the hard drive, but aborted: [img] when I open the hard drive properties, the result is blank: [img] then I tried...
  10. Disk Structure is Corrupted and Unreadable

Disk Structure is Corrupted and Unreadable: I am getting the above message when in plug an external HDD via USB. Checking this out forum I Have tried Chkdsk commands at cmd prompt: chkdsk f: /r chkfdsk /f f: for both I get the same reply: "Type of file is NTFS. Unable to determine volume and version state" This...