Windows 10: disk usage at 50% and hdd usage at 100%

Discus and support disk usage at 50% and hdd usage at 100% in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi this just happened suddenly when i checked my task manager my disk usage was at 50% although i thought it was normal but it has affected my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shem Incallado, Jun 12, 2024.

1. disk usage at 50% and hdd usage at 100%

hi this just happened suddenly when i checked my task manager my disk usage was at 50% although i thought it was normal but it has affected my pc performance and whenever i open apps it suddenly freezes and stops for a couple of minutes, now i already found the problem, my hdd usage is at a 100% but my ssd is normal can someone help me fix this? i performed a clean boot and it worked but it happened twice and when i performed clean boot again it never made a difference. i would like to ask for your guys help please and also my windows update doesn’t work anymore and i hope u guys can fix it al

:)

shem Incallado, Jun 12, 2024

2. Disk usage at 100%

If you're facing it with HDD, I suggest you to switch to SSD and see if it helps.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 12, 2024
  3. 100% DISK USAGE

in safe mode, there was still lag and the memory usage in taskbar showed a constant 27%.in normal mode,the memory usage is around 50% constant and disk 100%.

nabajyoti#, Jun 12, 2024
  4. Jose Est Win User

disk usage at 50% and hdd usage at 100%

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

disk usage at 50% and hdd usage at 100%

1. disk usage at 50% and hdd usage at 100% - Similar Threads - disk usage 50%

2. disk usage at 50% and hdd usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk usage at 50% and hdd usage at 100%: hi this just happened suddenly when i checked my task manager my disk usage was at 50% although i thought it was normal but it has affected my pc performance and whenever i open apps it suddenly freezes and stops for a couple of minutes, now i already found the problem, my...
  3. disk usage at 50% and hdd usage at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disk usage at 50% and hdd usage at 100%: hi this just happened suddenly when i checked my task manager my disk usage was at 50% although i thought it was normal but it has affected my pc performance and whenever i open apps it suddenly freezes and stops for a couple of minutes, now i already found the problem, my...
  4. HDD usage at 100%

HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  5. 100 disk usage on startup HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 disk usage on startup HDD: Hello!I'm getting 100% disk usage every time on startup. It usually went down after a couple of minutes. Services like sys main take up to 99% or 100%. It kinda slows down my laptop. I'm on HDD and is there a way to solve this without upgrading to SSD? I already turned off...
  6. 100 disk usage on startup HDD

100 disk usage on startup HDD: Hello!I'm getting 100% disk usage every time on startup. It usually went down after a couple of minutes. Services like sys main take up to 99% or 100%. It kinda slows down my laptop. I'm on HDD and is there a way to solve this without upgrading to SSD? I already turned off...
  7. 100 disk usage on startup HDD

8. 100% disk usage HDD

100% disk usage HDD: so when load up my computer my pc is slow and is at 100% disk usage when i go to task manger to look at processes it says my disk is at 25% but when i go to performance it shows it is at 100% non stop my memory is at 5.7 out of 15.7 36% cpu at 2% gpu at 6% any ideas how to...
  9. 100% disk usage HDD

100% disk usage HDD: so when load up my computer my pc is slow and is at 100% disk usage when i go to task manger to look at processes it says my disk is at 25% but when i go to performance it shows it is at 100% non stop my memory is at 5.7 out of 15.7 36% cpu at 2% gpu at 6% any ideas how to...
  10. 100% disk usage HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming