Windows 10: Diskpart - How to change Bus Type from RAID to ATA

Discus and support Diskpart - How to change Bus Type from RAID to ATA in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to change the Type and Location Path details from RAID to ATA This disk used to be part of a RAID set I had a look at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brown, Aug 17, 2017.

1. brown Win User

Diskpart - How to change Bus Type from RAID to ATA

I would like to change the Type and Location Path details from RAID to ATA

This disk used to be part of a RAID set

I had a look at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/...(v=ws.10).aspx
    The Location Path for ATA is PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0100)#ATA(C01T03L00)
    DISKPART> detail diskWDC WD30EZRX-00MMMB0Disk ID: {6A8930DA-C6C0-4BA4-B3B5-0E2DFB849515}Type : RAIDStatus : OnlinePath : 0Target : 5LUN ID : 0Location Path : PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1700)#RAID(P00T05L00)Current Read-only State : NoRead-only : NoBoot Disk : NoPagefile Disk : NoHibernation File Disk : NoCrashdump Disk : NoClustered Disk : No Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------* Volume 1 E CD NTFS Partition 2794 GB Healthy

Any assistance with the correct syntax would be appreciated

:)

brown, Aug 17, 2017
  2. CarlRossi Win User

"Preparing Automatic Repair" Loop on Windows 10

Check your BIOS SATA settings. If they have defaulted or have changed from AHCA or ATA to RAID, you will get this behavior.

CarlRossi, Aug 17, 2017
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Cannot install my new Windows 10 OS on my new PC build

Hi!

Yes ATA (Parallel ATA) is drive but is has an IDE connecter. SATA (Serial ATA ) is the new connector. Serial ATA on some boards can acted like ATA interface, not RAID. If you have 2 SATA ports it will read as 2 drives. RAID strings data across both drives
    as they where 1. Internal SATA are not hot-swappable. I'm probable not giving helpful information here.

If your bios boot order is calling it SATA then that would be 2. If bois does not detect the USB stick during boot it should advance SATA to boot order 1.

Teddy2016, Aug 17, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

If your HDD's are on a RAID controller and you are using Hardware RAID you'll need to get into the BIOS / SETUP menu for that particular card (and it might not be possible to switch it off unless you remove the RAID controller card).

Assuming the HDD's are just connected "normally" to the computer -- there could be an entry in the standard BIOS to set the HDD controller (or Bus) mode to RAID / SATA.

Once you've done that simply re-initialize and re-format the HDD's -- use command line it's easier and quicker --DISKPART , SELECT DISK CLEAN etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 18, 2017
  5. brown Win User
    Thankyou for the quick reply Jimbo45 - Just a few things to clarify:

1) The disk comes from a different computer that used to be in a RAID 1 set
    2) The new computer BIOS is not set to RAID for the HDD
    3) Clean, Re-initailizing and Re-formatting doesn't change the information when running Diskpart>detail disk command

so ......

When I run Diskpart>detail disk there are 2 Properties I would like to change:
    1) Type: RAID >> change this to ATA
    2) Location Path: PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1700)#RAID(P00T05L00) >> change this to PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0100)#ATA(C01T03L00)

What application and syntax can I use to achieve this?

brown, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Diskpart - How to change Bus Type from RAID to ATA - Similar Threads - Diskpart change Bus

2. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.: Hi,So I had given my pc for some repairs and the data had to be wiped off. So when I got my pc back there was a administrator account named 'Asus' as the main account for my pc. So how can I change the type and the name.Thank you...
  3. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.: Hi,So I had given my pc for some repairs and the data had to be wiped off. So when I got my pc back there was a administrator account named 'Asus' as the main account for my pc. So how can I change the type and the name.Thank you...
  4. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  6. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  7. Change from Raid to AHCI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change from Raid to AHCI: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 -7000- i5- 7573 came with SSD SanDisk X400 M.2 2280 256GB-1012 card, ok! in the Bios it is in Raid mode, and I would like to change it to AHCI, is it possible to make that change? Thanks JP...
  8. Can't read data from "RAID" disk on after BIOS change RAID to AHCI

Can't read data from "RAID" disk on after BIOS change RAID to AHCI: Hey, I got an old Dell Latitude laptop that I was going to update my HDD on so I removed the old drive (it was an m.2 disk in an adapter in a 2.5" slot). I plugged in my new Samsung 840 which the computer couldn't find so I changed the BIOS setting from RAID to AHCI (Raid is...
  9. How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10

How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10: How do I change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10, so I can use a MSATA SSD for caching with IRST? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-ahci-to-raid-without/0d2b9a8a-f8d8-4a67-ac73-9fab3f217d03
  10. PCI Bus hardware changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    PCI Bus hardware changes: First let me show my appriciation for getting windows 10 - specially because I kept saying NO!!! From day one I have had a fault message - PCI BUS changes in hardware, please restart - and of course, when you are using a microsoft product, that doesn't work..... I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diskpart type raid

2. TargetVolumeRootLocation=PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1700)#RAID(P07T00L00)

3. Partition 0 Bus Type: ATA

4. diskpart detail disk type raid,
  5. change disk type raid,
  6. diskpart raid,
  7. diskpart change disk from raid,
  8. diskpart commands disk type RAID,
  9. PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1700)#RAID(P01T00L00),
  10. PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1700)#RAID(P00T01L00)