Windows 10: DISKPART tried to create a Partition, has not worked

Discus and support DISKPART tried to create a Partition, has not worked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys My nephew has tried to create a partition. It clearly hasn't worked. There is a 'D' Disk which is there, but not showing any files on it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rebel1, May 29, 2018.

1. rebel1 Win User

DISKPART tried to create a Partition, has not worked

Hi Guys

My nephew has tried to create a partition. It clearly hasn't worked. There is a 'D' Disk which is there, but not showing any files on it. I can't upload screenshots at the moment. Any experts out there, that can tell me what he's done?

Disk### Status Size Free

Disk 0 - Online - 931GB - 931GB
    Disk 1 - Online - 54GB - 24GB

Volume ### - Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status

Volume 0 - D - - - DVD-ROM - 0 B - No Media
    Volume 1 - C - ESO-USB - FAT32 - Recoverable - 32B - Healthy

Thanks in advance guys. Any help appreciated.

:)

rebel1, May 29, 2018

2. How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Added a Partition

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue might arise if the space provided for the recovery partition has been occupied and a new partition has been created to place the leftover recovery files. In Windows 10, some additional space is allocated for the recovery files if the designated
    partition is filled to the brim.

In this case, I would suggest you to unhide the partition and check what type of files are consisted by the partition. In order to unhide partition:

• Start Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) on your computer and take a closer look at your hard disk. Note the disk number and the partitions.
    • Start DiskPart and select your disk: DISKPART> select disk 0
    • List all partitions: DISKPART> list partition
    • Now, select the hidden partition (see step 1) DISKPART> select partition 1
    • Type DISKPART> detail partition and verify that it is hidden. Remember the Type value, this will be handy if something goes wrong.
    • Set the type of the hidden partition to 07. Type
      DISKPART> set id = 07 override
    • If everything goes ok, you will receive the following message “Diskpart successfully set the partition ID.
    • All done. Type Exit
      to close DiskPart.
    • Check the Disk Management to see witch drive letter has been assigned to the recovery partition.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, May 29, 2018
Thema:

DISKPART tried to create a Partition, has not worked

1. DISKPART tried to create a Partition, has not worked - Similar Threads - DISKPART tried create

2. Diskpart not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart not working.: Hello, I have a Windows 7 home premium, if try to clear read only through diskpart, it says attributes cleared successfully, but when I check the attributes for the same disk again, read only is still yes. I need to format this disk asap. But I can't....
  3. diskpart create partition primary "diskpart has encountered an error a device which does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    diskpart create partition primary "diskpart has encountered an error a device which does...: I can't re-install windows.But "diskpart" command is not working.Following screenshots show us the errors. --> Screenshots of errors---EnvWindows 10, it's already not booting windows itself, so I have to re-installMediaCreationTool...
  4. diskpart create partition primary "diskpart has encountered an error a device which does...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    diskpart create partition primary "diskpart has encountered an error a device which does...: I can't re-install windows.But "diskpart" command is not working.Following screenshots show us the errors. --> Screenshots of errors---EnvWindows 10, it's already not booting windows itself, so I have to re-installMediaCreationTool...
  5. diskpart create partition primary "diskpart has encountered an error a device which does...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.

Use DiskPart to Create the OS Partition on Clean Install.: I have a Laptop HDD [ my preferred option as opposed to an SSD on this Laptop ] arriving on Friday and I want to use DiskPart to Setup the size of the OS Partition. The main reason I want to do it this way is because DiskPart can create an exact 30 GB Partition [ my OCD ] for...
  7. Does diskpart "clean" command create entirely new partition table

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does diskpart "clean" command create entirely new partition table: I'm talking about erasing infected by malware drives. I want to be sure that no data is left, even no information about partition table. So does diskpart "clean" command create entirely new partition table?...
  8. Unable to create C Drive partition via Diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to create C Drive partition via Diskpart: I just had a nasty virus attack which wiped out my C Drive. Hence I am wanting to keep my other partitions and just create my C Drive and repair install my Windows. But Diskpart for some reason is not allowing me to create the C Drive. Can someone please tell me where I am...
  9. RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.

RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.: The recovery partition is not visible in diskpart and therefore the WinRE cannot be found. What do I do to get it to show? It was there before.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Cant create partition on disk, DISKPART gives CRC fault,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant create partition on disk, DISKPART gives CRC fault,: Hi all, I have a problem and hope you guys and girls can help. I have a 2TB Western Digital drive. It somehow got corrupted and I am now trying to resolve the issue. easeUS data recovery wizard is already running for almost 24 hours and only did 8 percent of the disk. It...