Windows 10: dislike startup screen shot - how to change picture.

Discus and support dislike startup screen shot - how to change picture. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the Past there had been a "like what you see" link on the picture, I cannot find anything on this latest - I wish to get rid of it. 72807 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by billz, Dec 17, 2016.

1. billz Win User

dislike startup screen shot - how to change picture.

In the Past there had been a "like what you see" link on the picture, I cannot find anything on this latest - I wish to get rid of it.

:)

billz, Dec 17, 2016

2. Windows Spotlight image stuck

My lock screen is stuck on the picture of a cave and the ocean, I dislike the picture and would like it changed to Mountains or Hills with streams . Thank You

GeorgiaWipf, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Screen Shot Destination file Change in Windows 10

How do I change the destination file for my screen shots from One Drive to my actual laptop's picture folder?

RhysTepesh, Dec 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I've been wondering where 'Like what you see' went on the lock screen.. and it's not obvious how or if it can be restored.
    Choosing Spotlight should allow MS to continue to change the image, or by choosing Picture you can select your own folder.

dislike startup screen shot - how to change picture. [​IMG]

A free App 'Amazing Lock Screen' provides another approach.

dalchina, Dec 17, 2016
  5. billz Win User
    Hi Dalchina, Thank you I have printed off the above to study as a novice - I did not mind educating me with se caves and unusual Geology, but The Fox locked on to my screen although swiftly disappears, can be improved on.

billz, Dec 18, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Perhaps it depends on how you ended up on the lock screen? If I sign out I see the lock screen without the 'like what you see', but if I click Start then lock the screen from my user icon I do see it.

I have (had?) a slightly different problem. I 'liked' a picture then quickly got bored with it. Even though I can still get the 'like what you see', having already answered it only said 'thank you for sending feedback'. I managed to get back to being offered a choice with the help of this thread on Superuser . I said 'not a fan' this time. It's not been long since I 'disliked' it - as yet I'm still seeing the same picture...

7. dalchina New Member
    Spotlight in Settings, Personalisation, Lock Screen is the option where MS provides new screens. I now don't get a preview of the picture. As you say, I briefly found Win key L (lock) showed 'like what you see' (it used many weeks ago to be on any lock screen instance), but not now.

I found a site where I could download 170 or so spotlight pictures, and the there's app I mentioned- with which I'm not so enamoured- but will probably just stay with Picture and browse to whatever I fancy. Currently

dislike startup screen shot - how to change picture. [​IMG]

I just don't understand what's happened here- there are plenty of reports of loss of 'like what you see' and no apparent solutions. I suspect playing around with disabling the lock screen has done that. Personally, I'm not bothered about it, mere curiosity.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. dislike startup screen shot - how to change picture. - Similar Threads - dislike startup screen

2. Problem changing the location of Screen shots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem changing the location of Screen shots: How do I remove the storage location of screenshots from desktop to a folder? My screenshots are filling up my desktop homepage and it is quite frustrating. I would I just like it to be stored in a separate folder....
  3. Problem changing the location of Screen shots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem changing the location of Screen shots: How do I remove the storage location of screenshots from desktop to a folder? My screenshots are filling up my desktop homepage and it is quite frustrating. I would I just like it to be stored in a separate folder....
  4. Problem changing the location of Screen shots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. screen shots

screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  6. screen shots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  7. screen shot

screen shot: After following some directions to speed up my PC, I cannot take a screenshot. At first, I could no longer see photos--only icons, but I found a way to get the photos back. I don't know how to get back to the point where I can take a screen shot....
  8. Want to make changes to Screen Shots

Want to make changes to Screen Shots: I was recently made aware of a way to do quick screen captures bypressing the Windows button, and then the PrtScr button. It createsa PNG image of what was on the screen and stores it in the Picturesfolder in a folder labeled Screenshots.Is there a way of adjusting this...
  9. Screen pictures at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen pictures at startup: I am asking for a SIMPLE step by step way to delete some photos at start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-pictures-at-startup/d68e131e-afd2-4694-a1dc-28961a4864ba
  10. how to change round personal picture on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change round personal picture on startup: Can't seem to find this option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-round-personal-picture-on-startup/abf596d9-5a29-48f1-9b93-6424a7d052ff