Windows 10: Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory

Discus and support Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I installed Windows ADK 10 v1511 on Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit. I typed the following commands: Code: Dism /Apply-Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by balubeto, Dec 25, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory

Hi

I installed Windows ADK 10 v1511 on Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit.

I typed the following commands:

Code: Dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"<wim_File_Path>\install.wim" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:"<Apply_Directory_Path>" /Verify /CheckIntegrity Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:"<Windows_Files_Path>\sources\install.wim" /CaptureDir:"<Apply_Directory_Path>" /Name:"<Edition_name>" /Description:"<Description_name>" /Compress:max /Verify /CheckIntegrity[/quote] Now, what is the command that allows to completely remove the entire content of the <Apply_Directory_Path> directory?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Dec 25, 2015

2. Lost the entire directory

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Actually in my case, the PreviousFilesRecovery wouldn't work because there are no files or a folder to right click on to recover. The entire directory was devoured by some culprit program. The ShadowCopyView seems like a boon but then
    again, I don't want to scarifies precious real estate on my drive to keep copy of the volume. I do have an external drive that keeps a back up of my essentials on a daily basis. In the case of this misbegotten malware/virus that ate my "Download" directory,
    I recovered the few important files by the combination of Re-downloading some and using the deep scan feature of Recuva tool. The true merit of a recovery solution is when it doesn't maintain a copy of the files on the system drive at all times (i.e. Recuva).
    I will look into your other suggestion "SystemRestoreExplorer for the future needs.

Thanks again,

Joe.

JoeMartino, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Lost the entire directory

WOW!! I tried the Recuva and it actually recovered some of the files!!! I am impressed. Of course the entire data wasn't recovered but this is better than before. Thanks again.

Joe.

JoeMartino, Dec 25, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Do you mean you want to delete everything in the directory but leave the directory itself?

If so this should do it Code: pushd "<Apply_Directory_Path>" && (rd /s /q "<Apply_Directory_Path>" 2>nul & popd)[/quote]

5. balubeto Win User
    [/quote] I already tried and this command does not work because the files and directories owner is the System or TrustedInstaller user.

I noticed that the <Apply_Directory_Path> directory has also changed owner and now it has, as owner, TrustedInstaller user. Why?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Dec 25, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    You can try to take ownership with Code: takeown /f "<Apply_Directory_Path>" /r icacls "<Apply_Directory_Path>" /grant "%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%"Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory :(F) /t[/quote] and then delete the contents.

7. Kyhi Win User
    You applied the install.wim to the directory... Thus by applying the install.wim - you installed windows (trusted installer)....

8. balubeto Win User

and then delete the contents.[/quote] Unfortunately, in the <Apply_Directory_Path> directory, there are also some read-only subdirectories.

So, how do I change the icacls command to also remove the read-only attribute to delete also these subdirectories?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Dec 26, 2015
  9. balubeto Win User
    I await a reply.

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Dec 28, 2015
  10. lx07 Win User
  11. balubeto Win User
    balubeto, Dec 28, 2015
  12. balubeto Win User
    In conclusion, if I use the following commands

Code: takeown /f "<Apply_Directory_Path>" /R /A /D Y icacls "<Apply_Directory_Path>" /grant administratorsDism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory :(F,WDAC) /t pushd "<Apply_Directory_Path>" && (rd /s /q "<Apply_Directory_Path>" 2>nul & popd)[/quote] I would reach my initial goal?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jan 1, 2016
  13. balubeto Win User

Could someone tell me if my solution is right?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jan 6, 2016
  14. balubeto Win User
    It does not work. Why?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jan 7, 2016
  15. Kyhi Win User
    boot from my rescue disk (link in sig below) and remove the directory..

Thema:

1. Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory - Similar Threads - Dism Apply Image

2. Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors: Hello everyone,Im trying to apply install.wim to partition x: which is ntfs. But nothing happens. This is the command Ive used and the log entries.DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: dism /apply-image:C:\Users\Musa.Semi\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\DISM DISM...
  3. Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors: Hello everyone,Im trying to apply install.wim to partition x: which is ntfs. But nothing happens. This is the command Ive used and the log entries.DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: dism /apply-image:C:\Users\Musa.Semi\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\DISM DISM...
  4. Moving entire drive contents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving entire drive contents: I have two 1TB drives on my rig and just got a 4TB drive. im trying to find the easiest way / way with the least hassle, to move all of the contents of each of the 1TB drives into the new 4TB drive. all of my google(ing) lead me to cloning drives, or replacing boot drives,...
  5. Access Denied when using DISM to apply image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access Denied when using DISM to apply image: I am trying to migrate to a larger M.2 Drive in my Dell Laptop. I created a 64Bit WinPE USB drive, booted to that drive, used DISM to capture WIM files of the smaller M.2 drive. I then swapped out the M.2 Drive, booted to the USB drive, Created the partitions, tried to...
  6. DISM capture and apply WIN10 image failure. Need guidance.

in Windows 10 Support
    DISM capture and apply WIN10 image failure. Need guidance.: I've hit quite a snag here.I booted from WINPE5.1 and ran DISM and captured a Windows 10 golden instance image and the UEFI System Partition (what I traditionally knew as system partition) saved to external hard drive. It seems that I did not image the Microsost Reserved...
  7. Using Dism to capture and apply windows 10 images to a partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Dism to capture and apply windows 10 images to a partition: Hi guys, so a few days ago my windows 10 crashed so I had to format and reinstall windows 7 then upgrade to windows 10, a hard work to do. So I started to search about how to capture the image of C: where the windows 10 is running and I found Dism. Now I have a lot of...
  8. creating usb pen for dism apply-image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating usb pen for dism apply-image: I have managed to create a USB pen drive to apply WIM images using the DISM Apply-image command in 64bit so I know it can be done but any ideas how to create a pen to apply 32bit WIM images 24718
  9. DISM - Add or Remove Drivers on an Offline Image

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISM - Add or Remove Drivers on an Offline Image: How to: DISM - Add or Remove Drivers on an Offline Image [img] Information Servicing an offline image, mounting an image, committing changes, it all sounds a bit complicated to an average Windows user. However, it's just geek speak meaning modifying default Windows...
  10. Apply Windows Image using DISM Instead of Clean Install

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Windows Image using DISM Instead of Clean Install: How to: Apply Windows Image using DISM Instead of Clean Install [img] Information The most boring part of computing is waiting operating system to be installed. Installing Windows 10 can take anything from 10 to over 30 minutes (depending on hardware). The low end i5...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rd pushd popd &&