Windows 10: DISM ERROR - it can't find the files.....

Discus and support DISM ERROR - it can't find the files..... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all - I just upgraded from Win 8.1. I'm having some problems and wanted to run the command: Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hannele2, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

DISM ERROR - it can't find the files.....

Hi all - I just upgraded from Win 8.1. I'm having some problems and wanted to run the command:
    Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] However the repair doesn't work, due to getting the error:

I can't find any clear information on how to set this source parameters. I have a Windows 10 installation USB plugged in. It's on N: and the dir command gives the following files:

Code: 09/07/2016 19:40 128 autorun.inf 09/07/2016 19:40 <DIR> boot 09/07/2016 19:40 400,228 bootmgr 09/07/2016 19:40 1,147,736 bootmgr.efi 09/07/2016 19:40 <DIR> efi 09/07/2016 19:40 80,576 setup.exe 09/07/2016 19:58 <DIR> sources 09/07/2016 19:58 <DIR> support[/quote] Is anyone able to help me with advise on what parameters to use for the Source for the repair files?

:)

Hannele2, Jul 9, 2016

2. Start Menu frozen for some domain user profiles on some computers

I have also run SFC and DISM, which reports a corrupt file but that it can't find the source file. These machines were updated to Win10 by a vendor, but I understood that DISM would search Windows Update if it didn't find the source files. Doesn't seem
    to be happening, though.

EdTech Guy, Jul 9, 2016
  3. Creating a new folder and right-clicking hangs Explorer for 5-10 seconds

Subject says it all. This has started recently, and not because of an update, because this happened a week or so after my last update. I've tried using "sfc /scannow" and DISM, but to no avail. sfc says that there are errors but it can't repair them. I
    tried running it after booting in safe mode as well but still the same error. DISM says that it can't find the source files, so I'm pretty much out of ideas. Yes, I've tried rebooting too. What is going on???

Abhishek Kaul, Jul 9, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Welcome to forum Hannele2.

dencal, Jul 9, 2016
  5. Hannele2 Win User
    Found it with the right Google input:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:N:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Hannele2, Jul 9, 2016
  6. Hannele2 Win User
    Thank you so much for the response Dencal! Just saw it. Really appreciate the fast response.
    Windows 10 is just hacking by, so I'll be stopping by soon again, I think! *Smile

Hannele2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. DISM ERROR - it can't find the files..... - Similar Threads - DISM ERROR can't

2. DISM cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM cannot find the file specified: Hey ive been trying to run DISM checkhealth and restorehealth, the checkhealth runs just fine but the restorehealth just error codes me, I can provide the logs if necessary but this has been goin on for a while now...
  3. DISM cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM cannot find the file specified: Hey ive been trying to run DISM checkhealth and restorehealth, the checkhealth runs just fine but the restorehealth just error codes me, I can provide the logs if necessary but this has been goin on for a while now...
  4. DISM cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DISM can't find source.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISM can't find source.: So i've been having some pretty severe issues with Windows recently.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezing-and-crashing-randomly-updated/c2e680bc-e756-4bba-99b4-b69bc2f063dbIt's SEVERLY hindered my ability to do pretty much anything on it.But...
  6. Why can't DISM find the Source files when run?

Why can't DISM find the Source files when run?: After running dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, twice I keep getting: Error: 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. The previous time I had this problem, I eventually spoke to a Windows Support person and they suggested doing a in-place install or...
  7. Windows 10 update fails error 0x800f0900, DISM can't find files to fix corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails error 0x800f0900, DISM can't find files to fix corruption: I'm trying to update my installation of Windows 10 was upgraded from Windows 7, but it is failing repeatedly. I have gone through all the steps I could find to fix it. Ran disk cleanup including system files and removed what it could. I went to the...
  8. dism restorehealth cannot find source files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dism restorehealth cannot find source files: Hello I have a laptop which has some problems with corruption. After sfc /scannow I did run dism../RestoreHealth and it returned the above error. I do not have the initial install disk and the version is 1803 /17134.950 so my question is if I can use the image(obviously way...
  9. SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10

SFC finds corrupt files, but can't fix them. DISM can't find source files. Windows 10: After running many sfc tests, I always get the same result. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." Same thing with Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, at about 90.1% I always end up with "Error: 0x800f081f The source...
  10. DISM Can't Find Sources

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Can't Find Sources: I've been trying to fix a laptop that got corrupted after an antivirus was running during a windows update. It booted but couldn't get past the login screen. Tried several things to at least get logged on but started focusing more on repairing the corruption off of a repair...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism cant find file