Windows 10: DISM failure cannot repair corruption, error 0x80070570

Discus and support DISM failure cannot repair corruption, error 0x80070570 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am unable to repair some filesystem corruption after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Both sfc and DISM fail to fix the issues. I've attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mluck94, Sep 26, 2015.

1. mluck94 Win User

DISM failure cannot repair corruption, error 0x80070570

I am unable to repair some filesystem corruption after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Both sfc and DISM fail to fix the issues. I've attached the CBS.log and dism.log files if anyone would be willing to help me figure this out, thanks!

Edit: I should probably include that I also followed step 6 from this guide and using the install.wim file did not seem to make a difference.

:)

mluck94, Sep 26, 2015

2. DISM failure cannot repair corruption, error 0x80070570

Hey, did you find a solution? I'm having the same issue ...

Kr

Lien

liendewaele, Sep 26, 2015
  3. mluck94 Win User

Did you even read my post? You understand how to read, yes?

mluck94, Sep 26, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

donetao, Sep 27, 2015
  5. mluck94 Win User
    Hi, thank you for the link. Before I continue will this undo any custom registry tweaks or changes to system settings that I have done?

mluck94, Sep 27, 2015
  6. donetao Win User
    Hi! I have not tried this. W10 is still new! It says you will not lose any thing! What does any thing mean??
    I would suggest you create a back up image of your OS so you can get back to where you are now. I guess you could also roll back to W7. You can't live with corrupted files. You will have all kinds of grief with windows updates and who knows what else?
    Sorry That's my best shot. You could trying running the sfc at least twice more before giving up on it. Some times you get lucky.
    I would run sfc a couple more times before giving up! The big dogs say run sfc at least three times before giving up.*Wink

donetao, Sep 27, 2015
  7. csmdew Win User
    taking an image as back up will do no good since you would be backing up the corrupt os

csmdew, Sep 27, 2015
  8. mluck94 Win User

Edit: I am happy to report that repairing my install using the in-place upgrade process worked wonderfully. sfc reports no integrity violations. A few settings were changed back to default but no issues whatsoever. Thank you!

This is true, my biggest fear is later down the road when this corruption could rear its ugly head. I do have a backup image just in case things go south. I will try sfc a few more times and if it can't complete I will proceed with this and report back!

True, but I think he meant just in case things go south I can restore to what I had instead of having nothing. *Smile

mluck94, Sep 27, 2015
  9. donetao Win User
    That's exactly what I meant. I always create a back up image before doing major changes.
    Are you saying you're not getting any more integrity errors?

donetao, Sep 28, 2015
  10. mluck94 Win User
    Yep! The corruption seems to have been completely fixed. *Smile

mluck94, Sep 28, 2015
  11. donetao Win User
    Good to hear!! Good for you! Happy puttering !! LOL

donetao, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. DISM failure cannot repair corruption, error 0x80070570 - Similar Threads - DISM failure cannot

2. Corruption not repairable, DISM is also failing to repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corruption not repairable, DISM is also failing to repair: Hi I wanted to know is there a reason why DISM is failing to repair the component store under impossible to find the sources files error.The sfc return those errors :p CSI Payload Corrupt n...
  3. Corruption not repairable, DISM is also failing to repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corruption not repairable, DISM is also failing to repair: Hi I wanted to know is there a reason why DISM is failing to repair the component store under impossible to find the sources files error.The sfc return those errors :p CSI Payload Corrupt n...
  4. Corruption not repairable, DISM is also failing to repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Corrupted .dll files and DISM failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted .dll files and DISM failure: So, I have several corrupted .dll files preventing the use or update of various applications. To be precise, the faulty files are "WSOCK32.dll", "NETAPI32.dll", and "OneCoreCommonProxyStub.dll". The last one seems to be the one responsible for the failure of "Update.exe".In...
  6. Corrupted .dll files and DISM failure

Corrupted .dll files and DISM failure: So, I have several corrupted .dll files preventing the use or update of various applications. To be precise, the faulty files are "WSOCK32.dll", "NETAPI32.dll", and "OneCoreCommonProxyStub.dll". The last one seems to be the one responsible for the failure of "Update.exe".In...
  7. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt files not repaired by DISM: Hi,I have used DISM to check health of my system, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎02-‎Sep-‎20 OS build 19043.1288 It reports some files corrupt but can be repaired, scannow reports the same. But attempts to use DISM to repair files fails using either online repair...
  8. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files not repaired by DISM: Hi,I have used DISM to check health of my system, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎02-‎Sep-‎20 OS build 19043.1288 It reports some files corrupt but can be repaired, scannow reports the same. But attempts to use DISM to repair files fails using either online repair...
  9. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

10. Windows 10 Update failure Error code: 0x80070570

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update failure Error code: 0x80070570: [ATTACH] Have retried but doesn't help..... any ideas how to resolve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-failure-error-code-0x80070570/65f026b5-378c-47f3-ad39-f13269368166
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism 80070570