Windows 10: DISM lacking Package Manager commands (Cleanup-image)

Discus and support DISM lacking Package Manager commands (Cleanup-image) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I seem to have some serious problems with my Windows 10 Build 10.0.10586.113. These started after trying to take Ownership of C:/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by scortum, Mar 12, 2016.

1. scortum Win User

DISM lacking Package Manager commands (Cleanup-image)

Hello everyone,

I seem to have some serious problems with my Windows 10 Build 10.0.10586.113. These started after trying to take Ownership of C:/ (where I installed Windows). I tried this because on several occasions trying to move/copy files in different directories I could not do it (ownership problems seem to be not unusual after upgrading from Win 8). When trying to take ownership of C:/ and all its subdirectories I got several error messages ("Acess denied"). At first I just skipped them, but there where so many my finger just got tired (and it also seemed that something was going wrong). I downloaded a .reg which adds the option "Take Ownership" when right-clicking on a folder. Using this added my user account (with administrator rights) to the security options for the folders but the checkboxes were all empty. However I now could restart the procedure I tried before and this time there were no "Acess denied" errors and afterwards all checkboxes were filled with full acess (and all other options).

For a couple of days all seemed to work fine.

Yesterday I tried to open an *.jpg file and the usual W10 app would not be able to open it anymore. Same when trying to open a pdf using edge. So something was wrong with the apps. All the apps (like calculator, store etc.) just immediately crash. Of course I tried several troubleshootings for this known problem. Nothing worked.

Now I'm trying to repair my system using DISM or an inplace-upgrade.

After spending the last two days trying to fix these problems, I'm kindly asking for your help.

1) I cannot run any of the DISM commands required to repair my Windows build like e.g.
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:C:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess (using the install.wim from the latest .iso and for esd the latest build from Media Center respectively)
    Same with ScanHealth etc.

I am getting Error 87: cleanup-image unknown
    Dism /Online /? lacks the Package Manager commands like Cleanup-Image

2) After running SCF /Scannow the first time it said: no corrupted files. Immediately starting Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth works and reports no problems.
    Opening a new cmd and restarting Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth gives Error 87: cleanup-image unknown again

3)Trying to do an inplace upgrade with the latest .iso as well as with the Media Center gives me an error during initializing the setup (at 25%); A problem occured. I can just click "OK" here and it stops.

4) Mounted an offline image with dism /offline and used the dism folder of this mounted build to replace it with my own Dism folder in System32 (maybe stupid, but I thought it could repair any corrupted Dism files)

5) If I now run SCF /Scannow "some corrupted files could not be repaired"
    Log file attached.

Please help me to get either Dism /online /Cleanup-Image or the inplace upgrade running!
    As I use a Windows build with German language I tried to translate the error messages. If something sounds weird just ask.
    I cannot attach the DISM.log. It's over 9 MB...

:)

scortum, Mar 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Lost Windows Start Menu Tiles based Applications / Windows Store Applications

Hello Armand, thanks for the info. As per the link you mentioned, I tried both though no issues were found. However, the 'RestoreHealth' option failed with an Error 1726:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.14393.0
    Image Version: 10.0.14393.0
    No component store corruption detected.

The operation completed successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

[== 4.5% ]

Error: 1726
    The remote procedure call failed.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

The log file for the RestoreHealth option shows, the following Errors:

2017-01-16 15:34:25, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6180 TID=7792 Failed finalizing changes. - CDISMPackageManager::Internal_Finalize(hr:0x800706be)

2017-01-16 15:34:25, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6180 TID=7792 Failed processing package changes with session option CbsSessionOptionRepairStoreCorruption - CDISMPackageManager::RestoreHealth(hr:0x800706be)

2017-01-16 15:34:25, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6180 TID=7792 Failed to restore the image health. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler:DISM lacking Package Manager commands (Cleanup-image) :processCmdLine_CleanupImage(hr:0x800706be)

2017-01-16 15:34:25, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6180 TID=7792 Failed while processing command cleanup-image. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x800706be)

2017-01-16 15:34:25, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6180 TID=7792 Further logs for online package and feature related operations can be found at %WINDIR%\logs\CBS\cbs.log - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine

2017-01-16 15:34:25, Error DISM DISM.EXE: DISM Package Manager processed the command line but failed. HRESULT=800706BE

As its only my local user account that's effected is there any way to repair the profile or transfer the locally installed applications to another account ?

EnglishmanInJapan, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Error: "Failed to schedule Software Protection service", Error Code: 0x80070005 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a new command line tool that you can use to service a Windows image or prepare a Windows PE image. The DISM tool replaces the Package Manager (pkgmgr.exe), PEimg, and Intlcfg tools. DISM consolidates
    the functionality found in those three tools, as well as delivers new functionality to improve the experience of offline servicing.

Please follow the given steps to run a DISM scan:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command prompt.

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 12, 2016
  4. scortum Win User

Thank you for your kind help.

scortum, Mar 22, 2016
Thema:

1. DISM lacking Package Manager commands (Cleanup-image) - Similar Threads - DISM lacking Package

2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Versionis the Check Health option still working properly?As of late as soon as you hit enter Check Health comes back with an immediate response nothing found. However when you do Scan Health problems are found.Has anyone else seen this?...
  3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Versionis the Check Health option still working properly?As of late as soon as you hit enter Check Health comes back with an immediate response nothing found. However when you do Scan Health problems are found.Has anyone else seen this?...
  4. I can't use Dism/cleanup-image/scanhealth and restorehealth command

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't use Dism/cleanup-image/scanhealth and restorehealth command: I ran the command sfc /scannow to look for corrupted files but I can't follow using dism to repair the files it keeps giving the following message the term dism/online is not recognized as a cmdlet name, function, script file or operable program etc. how can i solve?...
  5. I can't use Dism/cleanup-image/scanhealth and restorehealth command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use Dism/cleanup-image/scanhealth and restorehealth command: I ran the command sfc /scannow to look for corrupted files but I can't follow using dism to repair the files it keeps giving the following message the term dism/online is not recognized as a cmdlet name, function, script file or operable program etc. how can i solve?...
  6. I can't use Dism/cleanup-image/scanhealth and restorehealth command

7. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.: While i try the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth on CMDadmin i get the following error:[===========================55.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logAlso i get this...
  8. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.: While i try the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth on CMDadmin i get the following error:[===========================55.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logAlso i get this...
  9. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: When I run this command its always stuck in 43-44 % its said access denied error 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/cd798b7b-e035-4d1b-9f9d-3b00a17fd9ca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism package manager