Windows 10: DISM locating and downloading sources.

Discus and support DISM locating and downloading sources. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, my pc crashed three times the past couple days (CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION), i asked a buddy of mine and he told me to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SevenSete, May 31, 2017.

1. SevenSete Win User

DISM locating and downloading sources.

So, my pc crashed three times the past couple days (CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION), i asked a buddy of mine and he told me to do a sfc /scanow and DISM to fix this problem.

Sfc/scanow didn't detect anything wrong and DISM (Dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth) is unable to download sources (error:0x800f0906)
    I did some research and it turns out i have to download an iso file that is the same as my windows version. [Build SO 14393.1198 (on the desktop in safe mode it states "Build 14393.rs1_release_sec.170427-1353)] The problem is that it cant be downloaded from the Media Creation Tool, only from the tech bench as it says here:
    DISM locating and downloading sources. [​IMG]

Unfortunatelly Microsoft made the Tech Bench unavaible for some reason, so im at a loss, i tried downloading a iso file from another websites but all i found was a standard multiple editions file, which did contain a install.wim file, but i have no idea if its compatible with my OS version or not. But i decided to try anyway, i followed the instructions above and it turns out DISM can't locate my sources (error:0x800f081f).

I don't even know if it's me that is doing something wrong or if it's the file that isn't compatible, im not a tech savvy person at all and any help would be appreciated

Sorry for my english, its not may native language, which reminds me: My OS is in Brazillian Portuguese, im not sure if that's relevant but i though i should mention.

:)

SevenSete, May 31, 2017
  2. prana31 Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen Problem

Ok tried the DISM /RESTOREHEALTH also couple of times. It fails around at 89%:

PS C:\Users\prdas> DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[===========================88.9%=================== ]

Error: 0x800f0906

The source files could not be downloaded.

Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more informat

ion on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

[===========================89.4%=================== ]

Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more informat

[===========================89.4%=================== ]

PS C:\Users\prdas>

prana31, May 31, 2017
  3. N.Strahl Win User
    SRX1313015978ID - Windows 10/Issue with Found corrupted files not fix

Downloaded the ISO and then ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIMDISM locating and downloading sources. :D:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess"

The following message came up:

Error: 0x800f081f

"The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log"

N.Strahl, May 31, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

WIndows 10 version 1703 for approximately one month had the same error and was recently fixed. At the same time there were no problems with windows 10 version 1607. It always was able to find the source files for restorehealth. The good news is that your operating system is fine as per scannow. The bad news is that some people using the windows insider version are/were having problems with restorehealth locating the source files. Over time Microsoft will fix the restorehealth command so that it will properly locate the source files.

zbook, May 31, 2017
Thema:

1. DISM locating and downloading sources. - Similar Threads - DISM locating downloading

2. DISM missing source files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM missing source files: I used DISM restore health but it gave me back a reply that im missing source files Can I know how to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-missing-source-files/5307ab16-cbe5-4729-8ff3-f1704caff00a
  3. DISM offline source

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM offline source: Hi, I have one Win 10 system that's in perfect health, passes sfc & dism with flying colors. I have another Win 10 system, same build as the good one, that has... issues. I'd like to prepare an offline source for DISM from the good system for repairing the bad one. By...
  4. DISM can't find source.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISM can't find source.: So i've been having some pretty severe issues with Windows recently.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezing-and-crashing-randomly-updated/c2e680bc-e756-4bba-99b4-b69bc2f063dbIt's SEVERLY hindered my ability to do pretty much anything on it.But...
  5. Dism RestoreHealth requires source option to specify the location of files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dism RestoreHealth requires source option to specify the location of files: Windows 10 is starting very slowly and the Dism command shows an error that can not be fixed without a source file. Where do I get the source file? Thank you, Gary...
  6. DISM Source Not specified?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM Source Not specified?: Whenever i do sfc scan it says "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". Then whenever i do dism health check it says to specify a source. I tried that also with both .esd and .wim file by specifuing it but still it is saying to specify the...
  7. Windows Update Download Source Locations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Download Source Locations: Hello, We have some customers that are concerned about the location of source Windows update download location. For Security and Compliance reasons, they are asking if it possible to limit download sources to US only. Does anyone know of a way to get that done? I vaguely...
  8. DISM Source Not located

DISM Source Not located: I ran SFC check and found corrupt files that were not fixed so I ran dism and when doing the restorehealth I get errors that source cannot be located. I have tried ISO disc in dvd drive, mounting the ISO image but still get no source; I need some help, thanks. 72131
  9. Dism source files not found

Dism source files not found: I have several problems on my pc and want fix win10 without reinstalling all apps. When I run: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth[/quote] I get Error 87. With: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth[/quote] I get a message, that it can be...
  10. DISM Source Not Found

DISM Source Not Found: Been Having problem with my video drivers lately, virtual dj, and such, ran sfc/scannow no intergrity violations found, then tried to run Dism and it said "sources not found" that part not sure how to work around it. Windows 10 Pro x64bit 1703 15063.250 Finally got drives...