Windows 10: Dism not working and can't get cmd Windows to close in task manager

Discus and support Dism not working and can't get cmd Windows to close in task manager in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; 10547. Really weird behavior. Dism and sfc scannow are not working. I type them in and then cursor goes to next line and nothing happens. A second cmd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pittguy578, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Dism not working and can't get cmd Windows to close in task manager

10547. Really weird behavior. Dism and sfc scannow are not working. I type them in and then cursor goes to next line and nothing happens. A second cmd window opens for less than a second and closes out. Not sure why that is happening. Other weird thing is I cannot shut down these not working processes no matter how many times I hit end task in task manager. They will stay open until I reboot.

The other weird thing is I had 10547 on a usb stick and did a repair install .. Just sort of reinstalled same build. I thought that would fix it . Same issues . Running malware scan now. Any ideas on this ? I have been using Windows for a while and never had something this strange

:)

pittguy578, Sep 22, 2015

2. Start Button not working

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if it works fine.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Close the CMD window

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Start button on Windows 10 does not work

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if it works fine.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Close the CMD window

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 22, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Dism not working and can't get cmd Windows to close in task manager

Hij pittguy578,

You are running an insider preview version of Windows 10?

Thema:

Dism not working and can't get cmd Windows to close in task manager

1. Dism not working and can't get cmd Windows to close in task manager - Similar Threads - Dism working can't

2. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,I need help because I cannot open my task manager or cmd. I use them to properly navigate and close some apps in my system. It works before what should I do?...
  3. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,I need help because I cannot open my task manager or cmd. I use them to properly navigate and close some apps in my system. It works before what should I do?...
  4. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  6. I can't open task manager and cmd

I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  7. I can't open task manager and cmd

8. I can't open Task manager and Cmd

I can't open Task manager and Cmd: So yeah, recently I can't open Task Manager and CMD, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please...
  9. I can't open Task manager and Cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Task manager and Cmd: So yeah, recently I can't open Task Manager and CMD, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please...
  10. I can't open Task manager and Cmd