Windows 10: dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown."

Discus and support dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown." in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I have a laptop that I took the HDD out of and connected it to another Windows 10 machine. I ran the command Dism /Image:e:\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by garegin, Oct 14, 2015.

1. garegin Win User

dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown."

Hello

I have a laptop that I took the HDD out of and connected it to another Windows 10 machine.
    I ran the command
    Dism /Image:e:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

but get the error

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Error: 87

The cleanup-image option is unknown.
    For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

:)

garegin, Oct 14, 2015
  2. JYS982 Win User

Windows tell me that I am using a temporary system

"Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth" option is unknown

"Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" option is unknown

"Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" option is unknown

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

version 10.0.10586.0

Error: 87

JYS982, Oct 14, 2015
  3. SFC/DIS/update FAILURES

W10 10240.16384 Updates take two days to download, always fail to install. ISO created with MCT also fails. All repair/restore/renew options fail.

SFC can not start the repair service.

DISM quits reporting error 193: %1 is not a valid Windows Application.

I made a Recovery Disk on usb. It fails. Tried to access its wim files:

I copied the file to the desktop and moved it to system32; same result.

Is there some way to obtain the correct files and make DISM work?

BenPowell_748, Oct 14, 2015
  4. garegin Win User

I also ran an offline sfc /scannow and here is the attached CBS.log

garegin, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

1. dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown." - Similar Threads - dism offline repair

2. DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN: does anybody here could help me with this issue??sfc /scannow works absoulutely fine without any error.this all started when i closed prompt while DSM was retoring health, i closed vecause it was in 62.3% for sometime. since then the commands werent working. i have tried...
  3. DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM ERROR 87; CHECKUP-IMAGE OPTION IS UNKNOWN: does anybody here could help me with this issue??sfc /scannow works absoulutely fine without any error.this all started when i closed prompt while DSM was retoring health, i closed vecause it was in 62.3% for sometime. since then the commands werent working. i have tried...
  4. DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown: So I'm having trouble finding and installing updates, and that has led me to an issue with DISM while trying to fix it.When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown.I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image...
  5. DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown: So I'm having trouble finding and installing updates, and that has led me to an issue with DISM while trying to fix it.When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown.I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image...
  6. DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DISM fails to repair offline Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM fails to repair offline Windows: I am trying to revive my Windows OS using DISM but it fails with error 0x800F081F. I am booting the machine with latest USB Boot Media (2004) and trying to repair Windows. The details are: 1. Original Disk failed due to bad sectors. 2. Cloned disk using Macrium Reflect (Free...
  8. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: When I run this command its always stuck in 43-44 % its said access denied error 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/cd798b7b-e035-4d1b-9f9d-3b00a17fd9ca
  9. Error87 cleanup-image is unknown offline

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error87 cleanup-image is unknown offline: Cleanup-image is unknown in offline to restore repair 162115
  10. Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails: I tried Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth after Windows update locked up the boot DISM failed. No operation was performed: dism.log errors 2019-01-11 18:44:25, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15148 Error in operation: (null) (CBS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. solve problem dism 10.0.10586.0 error 87

2. online /cleanup-image /restorehealth is unknown

3. the online/cleanup-image option is unknown.

4. dism the cleanup-image option is unknown,
  5. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth option unknown,
  6. server 2019 DISM cleanup-image is unknown,
  7. dism offline cleanup-image unknown,
  8. The cleanup-image option windows 10 is unknown.,
  9. the online/cleanup-image/checkhealth option is unknown,
  10. dism /offline option,
  11. dism checkhealth option unknown