Windows 10: DISM Online Restorehealth Error

Discus and support DISM Online Restorehealth Error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello there... I've been trying to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth on my Windows 10 Home, but it keeps telling me that it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ammar18, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ammar18 Win User

DISM Online Restorehealth Error

Hello there...

I've been trying to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth on my Windows 10 Home, but it keeps telling me that it does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option. Of course I'm not running WinPE 10.

Can anyone help?

:)

ammar18, Dec 23, 2015
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth error code 0x800f081f

Backing up and restoring is actually one of the best ways to troubleshoot update issues. By the way, let's also try doing an SFC scan to check things further. Please follow these steps:

1. Click Start and type cmd on the Search bar.

2. Right click on the Command prompt and choose Run as administrator.

3. Once you get the black window, type in sfc /scannow (please note the space after
    sfc)

3. Windows will scan your system files and repair corrupted ones if any.

4. Reboot your PC.

We're here for any feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 23, 2015
  3. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth error code 0x800f081f

Initially only once, but after seeing your response I tried about five times. Each time I run the tool it says that there are problems and that the problems are repaired, but apparently they're not repaired.

Backing up and restoring the PC is off the table. I have tons of data on here, all backed up, but it will set me back weeks getting it all back again. I did that when the old PC crashed.

This makes no sense. I now have two updates that won't update (kb3197954 and kb3200970) and the DISM still doesn't work. I tried updating with the wusa command at admin level, disabling all but non Microsoft items in the start up (McAfee refuses to not
    start up. I really don't want to go there if possible because it becomes a PITA) and still no go. Last night I ran the tool, unplugged all USBs except for keyboard and mouse, ran the wusa and still no updates.

Nothing happened on this PC to cause these issues. They just all started at some point but since it runs like a well oiled machine I didn't see where it went south until I suddenly had issues with Microsoft updates. The installation works for everything
    else and, in fact, some Microsoft updates are successful.

Michael7572, Dec 23, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

the command is not correct......

see the link in my sig below - Image health - repair corrupt files

5. ammar18 Win User
    Will try that...Going to tell when there's progress. Thank you for a quick response!

ammar18, Dec 23, 2015
  6. ammar18 Win User
    About the tool, should I go to the installation itself?

ammar18, Dec 23, 2015
  7. ammar18 Win User
    BTW, If I download the ISO from TechNet, its version is 10586.11, while my PC is still 10240 (still don't want to update yet). So, does that going to make problems to my PC?

ammar18, Dec 23, 2015
  8. Word Man Win User

1) Your beginning problem is that there is no /repairhealth option - it should be /restorehealth

2) You should use the same build for DISM repairs as is installed on your PC

Word Man, Dec 23, 2015
  9. ammar18 Win User
    The problem is I don't know other trusted sources that has the 10240 ISO file. Because if I download in TechNet, it'll download the 10586.11 one.

ammar18, Dec 23, 2015
  10. Word Man Win User
    If you want an external source for the repair, then you're talking adding the /source option - that wasn't part of your OP.

In Brink's Tutorial found here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...age.html?ltr=D you should compare Option 1, Steps 5 and 6.

Maybe someone can link you to a legitimate source of the 10240 ISO - sorry I don't know of one.

Any particuar reason you don't want to upgrade to or install the latest build?

Word Man, Dec 23, 2015
  11. ammar18 Win User
    • I don't want bugs in the new update
    • I may have an important program thats incompatible or removed

Sorry I didn't mention the source, actually I'm just asking why it says "DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option".

ammar18, Dec 23, 2015
  12. Kyhi Win User
  13. ammar18 Win User

So, should I run this from setup ISO, or directly online?

EDIT : I don't know what's wrong with my PC, but every time I open Media Creation Tool, it pops up UAC, then nothing happened *Confused

ammar18, Dec 24, 2015
  14. Word Man Win User
    Have a look at the link I provided in post #8 - it will walk you through DISM repair.

Word Man, Dec 24, 2015
  15. Kyhi Win User
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Is run from within your Current Host OS via the Command prompt (Admin)

If run from a booted WinPE or WinRE > you will get the ' Can't run in PE message '

Thema:

1. DISM Online Restorehealth Error - Similar Threads - DISM Online Restorehealth

2. [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Hi, I was trying to execute the DISM command successfully:DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthbut got this error:Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19044.2251 Error: 998 Invalid access to memory location. The DISM...
  3. [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Error during using DISM] DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Hi, I was trying to execute the DISM command successfully:DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthbut got this error:Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19044.2251 Error: 998 Invalid access to memory location. The DISM...
  4. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.: While i try the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth on CMDadmin i get the following error:[===========================55.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logAlso i get this...
  5. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.: While i try the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth on CMDadmin i get the following error:[===========================55.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logAlso i get this...
  6. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Every time I try to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth I get Error 0x80029c4a.I dont know how to fix this.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80029c4a-at-dism-online-cleanup-image/8d8f32db-fc1e-4cab-b53b-25bdbdb401ec
  8. Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Every time I try to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth I get Error 0x80029c4a.I dont know how to fix this.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80029c4a-at-dism-online-cleanup-image/8d8f32db-fc1e-4cab-b53b-25bdbdb401ec
  9. Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

10. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: When I run this command its always stuck in 43-44 % its said access denied error 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/cd798b7b-e035-4d1b-9f9d-3b00a17fd9ca