Windows 10: dism results: "the soure files could not be found"

Discus and support dism results: "the soure files could not be found" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am having applications start up in "suspended" mode. I have tried several suggestions. I am running Norton on the computer for my anti-virus and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EdDressel, Apr 11, 2016.

1. EdDressel Win User

dism results: "the soure files could not be found"

I am having applications start up in "suspended" mode. I have tried several suggestions.

I am running Norton on the computer for my anti-virus and did a full system scan that found nothing.

Here is some of the command prompt logs:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[=========== 20.0% ]
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
    I tried seeing if malwarebytes.org product would fix it, but it starts as suspended and I cannot un-suspend it, even when I try to run it as administrator.

Thank you.

Ed Dressel

:)

EdDressel, Apr 11, 2016

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Apr 11, 2016
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Apr 11, 2016
  5. Kyhi Win User
    follow the link in my sig below - Restore Health Image Health Repair Corrupt Files

6. EdDressel Win User
    Appreciate the responses. I didn't mention that this is a machine I removed log into. I was using Process Explorer on the machine but replaced it with the old Task Manager, which showed me a lot of users logged into the machine. I did a hard restart (fully shutting it down) and that seemed to fix the issue.

EdDressel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. dism results: "the soure files could not be found" - Similar Threads - dism results soure

2. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  3. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  4. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  5. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  6. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  7. DISM 'The source files could not be found’

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM 'The source files could not be found’: It gets irritating quite fast, when your system is not responding on a "mail open" or "open terminal" command. Press on a mail you want to open, and see Outlook start with "not responding". Do a right click on the terminal icon to open it as administrator and see nothing...
  8. DISM Source files could not be found, sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Source files could not be found, sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Custom build for a friend. OS: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit MB: MSI Z170-A Pro Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 680 CPU: Intel i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz RAM: 8g Installed OS through bootable USB, as the build has no CD drive. On completion of build I had some driver issues which were...
  9. Dism problem "The source files could not be found"

Dism problem "The source files could not be found": I have done an SFC /scannow at least two dozen times now on my Windows 10 tablet, resulting in "Found corrupt files but was unable to fix them" message Several posts on this site alone tell me to do a "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" all of which people said...
  10. DISM - The source files could not be found

DISM - The source files could not be found: Something is really screwed up with this image. Booting from an USB installation image indicates that it's already part way through an upgrade ???, and to remove the install media, then select 'yes', which then just boots back to the 0xc000021a error. I've now pulled...