Windows 10: DISM source files could not be found: Trying to repair system files

Discus and support DISM source files could not be found: Trying to repair system files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Team Ten! I have been having random blue screens, generally around memory_management. I ran memtest86 (not plus) for multiple passes, which first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rintaru, Jun 24, 2017.

1. rintaru Win User

DISM source files could not be found: Trying to repair system files

Hi Team Ten!

I have been having random blue screens, generally around memory_management. I ran memtest86 (not plus) for multiple passes, which first gave errors. Then running individual sticks in multiple slots it had no errors.I haven't run Prime95 yet, but will shortly. Verifier also prompted BSOD fairly quickly. The next suggestions were regarding SFC and DISM.

I have been having a few issues when running SFC (although I believe most are corrupt links, that still actually work??), where it is unable to replace the files in question, due to corruption in the store. After reading through more posts and forums than I can remember, including the majority here, I still am unable to get it to work.

I have run DISM, with a freshly downloaded WIM from the ISO Downloader tool. I extracted the second WIM inside the file, which was for Windows 10 Home, and proceeded to run: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:C:\sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

I am still getting "The source files could not be found". I dont know if I am using the wrong version, as I have 1607 14393.1358, and the file from ISO downloader that I could find (didn't want to download every single one) was 14393.0 base I believe. It is quite possibly some other issues causing my Blue Screens, but I figured as it was a Performance/Maintenance issue I wanted to post here first to check.

Any help would be amazing, thank you so very much!

Regards,

Brendan

:)

rintaru, Jun 24, 2017

2. Create a Recovery Drive

I did the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. The response was 'Error: 0x800f0906 The source files could not be downloaded. Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required
    to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log'

That doesn't really tell you how to configure a repair source.

I am trying this:

ÉliseBlankenship, Jun 24, 2017
  3. Trying to use DISM to restore system file, but I keep being told the source files could not be found

I've spent much of the day trying to repair my system files after a driver install attempt seemed to corrupt a dll file. I've found numerous links suggesting to run the DISM command after downloading and expanding the Windows 10 ISO file, which I did.
    I've run this repeatedly:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:F:\sources\install.wim

And I just keep getting told that the source files could not be found, even though the install.wim file is clearly there. Any suggestions?

DamonicFury, Jun 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jun 24, 2017
  5. rintaru Win User
    I have followed commands very diligently and precisely as requested in previous posts. Haven't used Image Health yet, so I shall give that a go now! Thanks dalchina

rintaru, Jun 24, 2017
  6. rintaru Win User
    After running Image_Health and following the first 3 steps, I am still getting "The Source files could not be found". Based on these steps:

Step 1: Download and Extract > IMAGE_HEALTH to a root folder ( C:\image_health )
    Step 2: Right-Click IMAGE_HEALTH.CMD > Select Properties > Select Unblock
    Step 3: Insert your Windows Setup Media ( Mounted ISO or DVD or USB )
    Step 4: Right Click on IMAGE_HEALTH.CMD and Run as Administrator

I have mounted the ISO I downloaded to H:. When choosing Option 3, it notes "Press 0 - use Source:Wim:install.wim as repair method". But I can not change the source to where the ISO is mounted. I am guessing the Image_health software does this automatically?

rintaru, Jun 24, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, if I use that option, with a Win 10 DVD inserted, it finds the wim automatically..

(DVD is base build of 14393, using 14393 latest)

Shouldn't have to be a DVD:

dalchina, Jun 24, 2017
  8. rintaru Win User

I shall try and find my Windows 10 DVD and see how it goes. I guess I have been trying to get assistance in using an ISO from the Downloader tool, but thanks heaps for the help regardless

rintaru, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. DISM source files could not be found: Trying to repair system files - Similar Threads - DISM source files

2. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  3. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  4. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  5. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  6. I'm trying to repair corrupted system files, but DISM shows the source files could not be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to repair corrupted system files, but DISM shows the source files could not be...: Hi,I am trying to repair my system files, but SFC was unable to, so I tried DISM.DISM showed an error: 0x800f081f, the source files could not be found. I tried doing some research, and could not find a solution.Could someone help me out?Thanks...
  7. I'm trying to repair corrupted system files, but DISM shows the source files could not be...

I'm trying to repair corrupted system files, but DISM shows the source files could not be...: Hi,I am trying to repair my system files, but SFC was unable to, so I tried DISM.DISM showed an error: 0x800f081f, the source files could not be found. I tried doing some research, and could not find a solution.Could someone help me out?Thanks...
  8. DISM 'The source files could not be found’

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM 'The source files could not be found’: It gets irritating quite fast, when your system is not responding on a "mail open" or "open terminal" command. Press on a mail you want to open, and see Outlook start with "not responding". Do a right click on the terminal icon to open it as administrator and see nothing...
  9. Dism problem "The source files could not be found"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism problem "The source files could not be found": I have done an SFC /scannow at least two dozen times now on my Windows 10 tablet, resulting in "Found corrupt files but was unable to fix them" message Several posts on this site alone tell me to do a "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" all of which people said...
  10. DISM - The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM - The source files could not be found: Something is really screwed up with this image. Booting from an USB installation image indicates that it's already part way through an upgrade ???, and to remove the install media, then select 'yes', which then just boots back to the 0xc000021a error. I've now pulled...