Windows 10: DISM Source Not located

Discus and support DISM Source Not located in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I ran SFC check and found corrupt files that were not fixed so I ran dism and when doing the restorehealth I get errors that source cannot be located.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by csmdew, Dec 10, 2016.

1. csmdew Win User

DISM Source Not located

I ran SFC check and found corrupt files that were not fixed so I ran dism and when doing the restorehealth I get errors that source cannot be located. I have tried ISO disc in dvd drive, mounting the ISO image but still get no source; I need some help, thanks.

:)

csmdew, Dec 10, 2016

2. High memory (Ram) consumtion

Hi

OK, I finally came up with the DISM . When I give the command

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:c:\Sources\windows.iso.wim:1 /LimitAccess

I get a feed back that the file location could not be understood.

"Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log"

So, if I have the ISO file in this address: c:\Sources\windows.iso

then how should I write it in the DISM command?

BR

Saeed

saeedmardani, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Windows defender closing instantly

"Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log"

while doing the final command on the dism thingy

ChristianSchau, Dec 10, 2016
  4. DISM Source Not located

DragonOsman, Dec 10, 2016
  5. csmdew Win User
    My problem is the source file is not being located no matter which copy of windows I make available for it to use. Have tried original enterprise version used and new version that it is currently updated to. Maybe I got bad image but can't download enterprise from there.

csmdew, Dec 10, 2016
  6. Where did you download it from? If it's from Microsoft's official site, there shouldn't be a problem. Follow the directions on the link I posted to point to the path where the install.wim file is on the .iso when running the DISM command.

DragonOsman, Dec 10, 2016
  7. csmdew Win User
    I've download 4 iso for enterp and none have worked and using the tool listed on this site(image health) has not worked either and continously get source not found.

csmdew, Dec 10, 2016
  8. DISM Source Not located

The ISO image has to be the same as the current Windows image on your PC. You can check the version on your PC by running winver from a command prompt with admin access. Then run the following command to check the version of your ISO image:

dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:X:\sources\install.wim /index:1

where X is the drive where the ISO is mounted.

TexasBandit, Dec 11, 2016
  9. csmdew Win User
    ok, I have version 1607 and have downloaded 2 1607 versions but I still getting source not found either as a mtded drive or as iso in the cmd string. I have 1607-14393 and the mtded iso says same, just does not list the .479 at end. So what is my problem with source.

csmdew, Dec 11, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Can you post the results of this command, please?

dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:X:\sources\install.wim /index:1

The path in red gets changed to the drive letter of your mounted ISO file.

Also, how is your Windows 10 Enterprise version activated?

NavyLCDR, Dec 11, 2016
  11. csmdew Win User
    I've completed this on another similiar thread and need to close this thread, thanks for the help.

csmdew, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

DISM Source Not located

1. DISM Source Not located - Similar Threads - DISM Source located

2. DISM missing source files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM missing source files: I used DISM restore health but it gave me back a reply that im missing source files Can I know how to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-missing-source-files/5307ab16-cbe5-4729-8ff3-f1704caff00a
  3. DISM offline source

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM offline source: Hi, I have one Win 10 system that's in perfect health, passes sfc & dism with flying colors. I have another Win 10 system, same build as the good one, that has... issues. I'd like to prepare an offline source for DISM from the good system for repairing the bad one. By...
  4. DISM can't find source.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISM can't find source.: So i've been having some pretty severe issues with Windows recently.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezing-and-crashing-randomly-updated/c2e680bc-e756-4bba-99b4-b69bc2f063dbIt's SEVERLY hindered my ability to do pretty much anything on it.But...
  5. Dism RestoreHealth requires source option to specify the location of files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dism RestoreHealth requires source option to specify the location of files: Windows 10 is starting very slowly and the Dism command shows an error that can not be fixed without a source file. Where do I get the source file? Thank you, Gary...
  6. DISM Source Not specified?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM Source Not specified?: Whenever i do sfc scan it says "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". Then whenever i do dism health check it says to specify a source. I tried that also with both .esd and .wim file by specifuing it but still it is saying to specify the...
  7. DISM restore Source error

in Windows 10 Support
    DISM restore Source error: Hi guys. how can i restore these files efficiently? Ive been up for 49 hours now trying to get this thing fixed. Dism keeps failing with a source error and analyze components also fails. 2020-07-04 10:54:22, Info CSI 00000005 Hashes for file member [l:9]'3ware.sys' do not...
  8. Dism source files not found

Dism source files not found: I have several problems on my pc and want fix win10 without reinstalling all apps. When I run: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth[/quote] I get Error 87. With: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth[/quote] I get a message, that it can be...
  9. DISM locating and downloading sources.

DISM locating and downloading sources.: So, my pc crashed three times the past couple days (CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION), i asked a buddy of mine and he told me to do a sfc /scanow and DISM to fix this problem. Sfc/scanow didn't detect anything wrong and DISM...
  10. DISM Source Not Found

DISM Source Not Found: Been Having problem with my video drivers lately, virtual dj, and such, ran sfc/scannow no intergrity violations found, then tried to run Dism and it said "sources not found" that part not sure how to work around it. Windows 10 Pro x64bit 1703 15063.250 Finally got drives...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x800f0984 dism