Windows 10: Display adapter not being recognised, black screen issue.

Discus and support Display adapter not being recognised, black screen issue. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, Upon upgrading to w10 I encountered the black screen issue. When plugging in another screen to the HDMI adapter on my laptop the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mycil, Aug 9, 2015.

1. mycil Win User

Display adapter not being recognised, black screen issue.

Hi all,

Upon upgrading to w10 I encountered the black screen issue. When plugging in another screen to the HDMI adapter on my laptop the display appears working perfectly. The laptop screen only shows anything during boot, as soon as the system starts it sits with a black screen.

If i disable the onboard gfx and reboot the screen will display on the laptop, however it is using "microsoft basic display" and not the onboard gt 555m

I have up to date drivers from g force, I have up to date drivers from intel. I am at a loss as to how to solve this.

When another monitor is connected it works absolutely perfectly. The issue is it just wont pick up the laptop screen at all.

Edit - The issue seems to be the GT 555 graphics card. The onboard is the one that's actually detected and working however this is only as an external monitor not with the laptop display. GT 555 is updated via the Nvidia app and says it's W10 ready, yet it's not functioning in any capacity it seems.

:)

mycil, Aug 9, 2015
  2. 3449Rusty Win User

black screen without mouse

black screen without mouse and Video output is being routed to a different display adapter or a different output cannot switch back to monitor display

3449Rusty, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Windows Reset Error

Hello,

You may experience black screen issues in Windows for a number of reasons. Some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• Issues with the driver for your display adapter.
    • The video output is being sent to an unexpected port.
    • Video adapter problems are the most common cause of this issue.

We recommend performing the suggested workarounds on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

Update us on the outcome.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 9, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

press WIN+P and use the "copy displays" option (second from the left) *Wink

batlhilz, Aug 10, 2015
  5. mycil Win User
    Yea, that's not the issue at all. Tried it already.

W10 is not detecting the laptop screen at all. It only recognizes external monitors connected via the HDMI. Tried this by chance to find it is still alive.

Spent most of the night playing around with it, testing drivers, reinstalls etc. It's working just fine on an external monitor, the issue is that it is not detecting the laptop screen in any capacity. It works during boot then once it loads windows just goes black (no cursor) the screen is not extending it's simply not active.

Gave up for now anyway, went back to win 7. Upgrade went perfect on desktop will wait for a bit for it to roll out before upgrading laptop.

mycil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Display adapter not being recognised, black screen issue. - Similar Threads - Display adapter being

2. Black screen after changing mode in display adapter properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after changing mode in display adapter properties.: Hello, let me get this as detailed as I can.Today I've been trying to change my resolution to a custom one in game Counter Strike 2 the resolution we're talking about is 1440 x 1080, after trying everything that was mentioned in guides I wanted to try something risky. In one...
  3. Black screen after changing mode in display adapter properties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after changing mode in display adapter properties.: Hello, let me get this as detailed as I can.Today I've been trying to change my resolution to a custom one in game Counter Strike 2 the resolution we're talking about is 1440 x 1080, after trying everything that was mentioned in guides I wanted to try something risky. In one...
  4. Windows 10 white or black screen on launch - Display adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 white or black screen on launch - Display adapters: For ~30 days henever I updated my display adapter to any of AMD display adapters it made my screen flicker. In browser and on windows desktop it was worse than games. Only way I could fix it was by downloading Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. For last 4 days it got worse -...
  5. display adapter issue

display adapter issue: Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F06&SUBSYS_3FF11458&REV_A1\4&1C3D25BB&0&0019 with the following status: 0...
  6. Display Adapter Issue

Display Adapter Issue: Hi there, hope someone can help me out. Im currently using my old Alienware M11x R1 and decided to upgrade to Windows 10. Install was xonpleted and working though the iasue is with my display driver. Nvidia 335m and my Mobile IntelR 4 Series Express Chipset Family will not...
  7. Black Screen Issue, only work with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Black Screen Issue, only work with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: Hello. My HP Elitebook 8560w computer's display suddenly blackened 1 month ago, then I switched my AMD display driver to Microsoft basic display adapter in safe mode and using my computer right now with it. Every time I update my AMD FirePro M5950, it's blackening...
  8. Display Adapter Issue

Display Adapter Issue: So, I recently installed a new hard drive to use as my OS drive. After installing Windows 10 64-bit, I haven't been able to get my graphics card to show up in Device Manager, I only have the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Trying various drivers for my card from the NVIDIA...
  9. Proper display and adapter not being recognized

Proper display and adapter not being recognized: Hello all, I typically use my laptop plugged into an ultrawide high resolution and high refresh rate monitor. I unplugged my laptop to take it with me on a family vacation and I haven't been able to play any games or other apps on the laptop since doing so. When I go...
  10. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter *BLACK SCREEN* issue

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter *BLACK SCREEN* issue: Hello :) I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 64 bit on my Lenovo Y520, everything was okay until I had to update my Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics 630, after this update my screen went black and can only be fixed if I boot in safe mode and roll back the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display being recognised but shows black