Windows 10: display colors

Discus and support display colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i upgraded to windows 10 on my toshiba laptop the display changed from black printing on a white background to blue printing on a black background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pmfitz39, Oct 4, 2015.

1. pmfitz39 Win User

display colors

When i upgraded to windows 10 on my toshiba laptop the display changed from black printing on a white background to blue printing on a black background which i can"t read. my old eyes aren't working so well any more and i would like to switch back to the black on white. a solution to this would be appreciated so i can use my computer.

i'm typing this on my wife's computer which i can read.

:)

pmfitz39, Oct 4, 2015

2. Lumia 920's clear black isn't that black?

First of all Nokia clear back display is all about better display visibility at outdoors so don't confuse it with the ability to display black colors more black or whatever.... and Lumia 900 has AMOLED display type and technically amoled displays seem to
    display vivid colors, black colors more blacker, slightly inferior white colors etc compare to LCD IPS display....however colors do look more natural on lcd display than amoled display.... so Lumia 920 display in terms of colors and black color in particular
    would look different than the 900 display.

donofworld, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Lost colors when connected to external display (projector)

Problem:

Colors are lost (only black and white tones) when external monitor is connected to computer. The computer's built-in monitor displays normally (with color).

Details:

Never had this problem before.

Didn't completely close presentation mode in PowerPoint (computer not connected to any external display) when I turned off the computer.

Then I turned on the computer, connected it into an external display, and when I turned on PowerPoint, everything on the external display was in black and white (color wash). All visuals (size, clarity, spacing, etc) are normal, except the color missing
    on the projector screen.

I can flip between Duplicate Display, Extended Display, etc, but the color on the external monitor/projector is black and white.

The color on the Built-in monitor continues to have normal color.

When I restart the computer (with the external display connected), the colored blue windows boot logo is displayed normally on both the built in monitor and the external monitor. It's when the computer completely boots up that color remains on the built-in
    display, but loses color on the external monitor.

Additional notes:

I think something has triggered Windows to "export" "lost" colors on the external display.

I don't know if AMD Catalyst Control Centre (Color:32 Bpp, 1920 x 1080, Landscape) has anything to do with this. Tried disconnecting cables, Restarting computer, common troubleshoots, etc.

The problem isn't the external monitor/projector. It displays color normally, even when tested with other computers.

Your help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Matthew_Tang, Oct 4, 2015
  4. display colors

Hi go into User CP
    General settings and scroll down and you will find

Forum Skin:
    Use Forum Default Modern
    Modern Wide Dark
    Dark Wide 8F Style
    Mobile Style
    There is more than one skin in which you can view the forums.
    If you would like to switch to a different skin, select it from this list.
    Please note that some forums here may override your skin choice temporarily.
    Mine is set on Modern
    then click save
    see if that in anyway helps you

hTconeM9user, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

display colors

1. display colors - Similar Threads - display colors

2. I have a display color problem, What should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a display color problem, What should i do?: Hello I have Toshiba protégé r30 laptop which has problem on its color display all red became dark, green became faded yellow, and blue became somewhat brighter. This issue started when my pc fell and the screen detached, and after I plug it, the color doesn't look right on...
  3. I have a display color problem, What should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a display color problem, What should i do?: Hello I have Toshiba protégé r30 laptop which has problem on its color display all red became dark, green became faded yellow, and blue became somewhat brighter. This issue started when my pc fell and the screen detached, and after I plug it, the color doesn't look right on...
  4. I have a display color problem, What should i do?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I am have a green and pink color flickering lights on my display,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am have a green and pink color flickering lights on my display,: I am have a green and pink color flickering lights on my display, The background will be stable on top of the background i am seeing these lights. and sometimes the problem occurs for few minutes and goes away and i can use my laptop normally and sometimes it stays for hours....
  6. I am have a green and pink color flickering lights on my display,

I am have a green and pink color flickering lights on my display,: I am have a green and pink color flickering lights on my display, The background will be stable on top of the background i am seeing these lights. and sometimes the problem occurs for few minutes and goes away and i can use my laptop normally and sometimes it stays for hours....
  7. Color om display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color om display: Visitors borrowed my PC - and the result is no : No colors bot white text on a black screen.How do I get the colors back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-om-display/61f68b99-d5da-486e-ae24-6646f99120bf
  8. Color om display

Color om display: Visitors borrowed my PC - and the result is no : No colors bot white text on a black screen.How do I get the colors back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-om-display/61f68b99-d5da-486e-ae24-6646f99120bf
  9. Display Color Calibration NOT WORKING + Light Flickering Screen: Acer Aspire 5/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Color Calibration NOT WORKING + Light Flickering Screen: Acer Aspire 5/Windows 11: I've noticed that my new ~1 month of usage Acer laptop running Windows 11 is giving me a warmer yellow tinted, similar to night light display monitor as compared to other monitors. So, I tried using the Display Color Calibration settings to change the gamma and color balance...
  10. Display Color Calibration NOT WORKING + Light Flickering Screen: Acer Aspire 5/Windows 11

Display Color Calibration NOT WORKING + Light Flickering Screen: Acer Aspire 5/Windows 11: I've noticed that my new ~1 month of usage Acer laptop running Windows 11 is giving me a warmer yellow tinted, similar to night light display monitor as compared to other monitors. So, I tried using the Display Color Calibration settings to change the gamma and color balance...